It is possible to create animations of juni moving without giving control to her

• 31 Replies
I feel really bad that KSA has stopped others from making their own mods.
Has not! I just can't re-open my source code because of that stupid sliderbar.mfx.
Lurk more.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
What's the problem, Purple Pineapple...?

BloxMaster, I don't think I'm better than you. Plus, I just thought that too many mods at the same time would be..meh ;)

What's the problem, Purple Pineapple...?
Sorry. I'm just rather upset at the moment.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
I feel really bad that KSA has stopped others from making their own mods.

Feeling of accomplishment.
...what? That doesn't even make any sense...

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Feeling of accomplishment.
...what? That doesn't even make any sense...

It does actually. If you do something that good, others are overshadowed by it. This is a feeling of accomplishment.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
I dont see why someone doesn't just add to KSA.... with was it bloxmaster's? permission

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
I think that's because it would complicate things to have two people independently working on the same mod at the same time.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Unfortunately it isn't as simple as handing over the source, and I'll tell you why: The source is nasty, that is, what I added is not commented, on top of that is the fact that while my code works, I really doubt it's up to nifflas' code, which means it's very ugly to look at. Things aren't commented, sorted, or even have proper naming, which means even I barely know what I wrote. This is the main reason I stopped working on it. Now I know someone is going to be saying 'well I don't care if it isn't perfect'. Well sadly the only way to release a new version of KSA is to remake it from the KS source, because MMF2 decided at some point to corrupt some objects, so they are replaced by working objects, but that clearly still messes up everything. That's why I tried remaking KSA a while back from the original source, but I haven't finished and I officially am not working on it anymore. I no longer have the motivation to work on KSA anymore, and the sources I have are simply too messed up in some form to simply give out. So while I really appreciate the comments about adding it to KSA, it won't happen. You should, however, note that just because KSA is dead, doesn't mean I have stopped making things. I have several projects in the works now, and they are going well. I guess what I mean, is I am simply too embarrassed to just give it out and also too frustrated with KSA to do it myself. Remember, though, just because it won't be added to KSA doesn't mean that no one would add it to KS. I myself would love this type of feature, and it isn't out of the question for me to add it to KS. ;)

Offline DustinCartwright

• Independant Game Designer and Life-Long Gamer
    • View Profile
    • MobyGames Profile
The animation would be saved as a .png and named "Object1" in the Bank 255 folder? Or am I doing it incorrectly

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
The animation would be saved as a .png and named "Object1" in the Bank 255 folder? Or am I doing it incorrectly

No, since it's a Custom Object you need to put the .png file in a "Custom Objects" subfolder of your level (any name is fine). If you've never used COs before, please read the CO manual first.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline DustinCartwright

• Independant Game Designer and Life-Long Gamer
    • View Profile
    • MobyGames Profile
I'm very new to this program and forum, thank you for the patience  :crazy:

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Getting back to the original subject.

I tested LPChip's method for hiding Juni and using her wall-swimming as a timer. The player can still throw the timer off by jumping or climbing. The obvious solution is to add no-jump and no-climb objects, but now we've run out of layers. I suggest taking the player's climb power-up away when shifting into the timer. Then give it back when shifting out of the timer. One further consideration must be taken though. Does the player already have the climb power-up? If not the timer could inadvertently give it away. The solution, flag test for the climb power up and have duplicate screens. One toggles the climb power-up. One does not.

Way to make everything way more complicated than it needs to be. :P Why would you even need two objects on the same square?
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
If you run out of places for your objects to control the player, you can always make a CO that is large enough to hide Juni but doesn't has to be in that tile. Example:
Code: [Select]
[ ][ ][1]
[ ][c][3][x]
[ ][ ][2]
Juni is spawn in 2, the co is in c and is 72x72 pixels positioned on layer 7. Ofcource, you can also put it on location x. Depends on your layout etc. Additionally, you can make the left side of the animation entirely transparent so it only goes over the place where Juni is moving.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:58:55 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex