[Normal][Environmental][Misc] Area of Radiation

• 32 Replies

Offline pLox

• View Profile
Re: [Normal][Environmental][Misc] Area of Radiation
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 21:56:41 »
and by "mountain top" do you mean the top in the second "main storyline" task?

Yes, I see you've already added it. I love that cliff in the distance :)

EDIT: how do I move a topic?  :oops: I never did it before so...

Er, I think you need to PM a moderator for that. They usually do move topics in such cases, but yours got overlooked for some reason :/

hm, okay. I'll try PM a mod. and see what happens. and I'm glad that you like the scenery (: I worked long and hard on it.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 23:20:33 »
Inspire by S.T.A.L.K.E.R?  :huh:
WOOT! :awsum:
then i cant wait to see the finished product
good luck and all that  C)p

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 00:55:43 »
I like the look of this, too, even though I agree that it's a bit of a problem that it's impossible in some places to tell apart foreground and background. (And also, the 'floating trees' are a bit problematic because they tend to have a straight edge at the bottom, which a plant growing from a crack in a wall wouldn't have. Though, hey, you could always say that's a mutation due to radioactivity, I suppose. *g* - Anyway, I do like the idea of plants growing from the walls, and the general look of that area.)

But...
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 13:05:58 »
But...

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 03:59:12 »
Is this dead? Cause i too is creating a level because i was inspired from Stalker..
and im hoping you'll finish your level too  C)p Its a great idea

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 12:55:03 »
Is this dead? Cause i too is creating a level because i was inspired from Stalker..

AFAIK this is dead, since the project was really huge, and the community did not express much interest, for reasons unknown. I thought this was an incredibly promising level. I mean, quests! Beautiful trees growing on cliffs! But eh.

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 09:44:39 »

AFAIK this is dead, since the project was really huge, and the community did not express much interest, for reasons unknown. I thought this was an incredibly promising level. I mean, quests! Beautiful trees growing on cliffs! But eh.

:sad:

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 13:56:30 »
I think it is easy to wrongly judge the interest in a level based on how many replies you get.  Perhaps I'm arrogant, but I never feel like I get the response I want, but I keep making because I've at least had a few people respond.

I'm interested.  I did think that to do what you are wanting to do successfully, you need a slightly modified tileset.  The trees need to look like they grow out of the wall, not flout.  The rocks in the background need to not have a black outline around them, or at least to be a little transparent.  Another trick would just be to have a few screens of transparent grey you can slap over them.

You might also consider doing what I've decided to do for my next project, which is to make it episodic.  For some thoughts on that:  http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3244.0

And I noticed this:

I guess you're right about the KS community disappearing, which I also find, very sad. Or maybe people just aint that interested in this map.

I don't know how big this community has been in the past, but I know people are still here, and people are still coming.  Me and bulbapuck for instance are both newbies.  So don't let that stop you either.

Here,  I decided to take the time to show you what I mean about the trees.  They just looked cut off, and thus floating.  Here is a very quick edit:

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 12:23:39 »
and im hoping you'll finish your level too  C)p Its a great idea

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the project when I didn't get the interest I wanted. It's probably much to ask, but I didn't feel like working on it anymore,
not just because it didn't get the attention that I was looking for, but also because I got bored with it sadly to say. The quest system didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to, allthough I was really happy to see that atleast some people liked it. I'm thinking about maybe pick this level up again, and start working on it some more. but I don't know.
And good luck with your level too Strange Darkness :) I would want to see how yours turns out aswell
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:28:18 by pLox »

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:01 »
I think it is easy to wrongly judge the interest in a level based on how many replies you get.  Perhaps I'm arrogant, but I never feel like I get the response I want, but I keep making because I've at least had a few people respond.

I'm interested.  I did think that to do what you are wanting to do successfully, you need a slightly modified tileset.  The trees need to look like they grow out of the wall, not flout.  The rocks in the background need to not have a black outline around them, or at least to be a little transparent.  Another trick would just be to have a few screens of transparent grey you can slap over them.

You might also consider doing what I've decided to do for my next project, which is to make it episodic.  For some thoughts on that:  http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3244.0

And I noticed this:

I guess you're right about the KS community disappearing, which I also find, very sad. Or maybe people just aint that interested in this map.

I don't know how big this community has been in the past, but I know people are still here, and people are still coming.  Me and bulbapuck for instance are both newbies.  So don't let that stop you either.

Here,  I decided to take the time to show you what I mean about the trees.  They just looked cut off, and thus floating.  Here is a very quick edit:

Yeah, I see what you mean with the trees. it's a great idea. if I decide to continue on this project, I'd definatley look into doing something like this.
Nice work, and thank you. And it's allways nice with newcomers ;)!

Offline E.T

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 14:05:22 »
I liked this map alot! it was a great idea with the quests and all, and the trees growing on the walls looked very beautiful. I sure hope you decide to finish this, cant wait! and I think this has potential to go a long way aswell, if you "patch" it up constantly and stuff like you mentioned in your description. great
map!

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 15:24:20 »
Uh, the maker posted that he wasn't going to continue.
If he's decided today that he was not going to, he probably won't change his mind today... Either way, if he will, it'd be good. We need more people in the forums....

Oh sorry, you didn't get me?
I thought by reading your post you weren't going to continue it for now...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 15:43:18 by Yonowaaru »

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 18:16:02 »
Uh, the maker posted that he wasn't going to continue.
If he's decided today that he was not going to, he probably won't change his mind today... Either way, if he will, it'd be good. We need more people in the forums....

Ehm.. what? :P

Offline E.T

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 17:06:54 »
Are you going to continue this? :D I'm really hooked on it. i sure hope you do.

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 19:14:31 »
Are you going to continue this? :D I'm really hooked on it. i sure hope you do.

Well, I've slowly started to begin building this project again. but I've gotta say it's going slow.
I'm thinking of starting a new level that I've been planning for quite a while, and then get back to this one.
I guess you have to wait and see :P but I honestly hope I find interest for it again, because I was so excited when I first started.
Not sure if I'll get there again. :(