KS online with OINC - Source Code Avaible

• 151 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: KS online with OINC
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 19:49:24 »
This is win.
The chat function is really annoying though.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 00:37:27 »
This is astonishing beyond belief. The only notes that I have for it are:
1) Chat function should be changed. Maybe it could be accessed with = or something similar instead?
2) This needs to be made compatible with KSA, if possible.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 01:13:33 »
2) This needs to be made compatible with KSA, if possible.
You know Blox isn't letting go the source.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:26:40 »
Somebody NEEDS to convince him. His effects are TOTALLY awesome, and would be great to have in some online games.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 01:47:26 »
When does everyone go online, 'cause I would love to group-play a level.

In what way.
Somebody NEEDS to convince him. His effects are TOTALLY awesome, and would be great to have in some online games.
Totally.
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 02:16:36 »
Not having played it yet (I wont be able to for a couple of hours), to fix the chat system try using an IRC chatroom!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 06:14:36 »
I am still impressed anyone likes the features of KSA. Getting KSA online is a longshot, though. My only requirement regarding the source was that it had some purpose for being used, not just thrown about randomly. A few things are going to have to happen for KSA to become multiplayer:

1: KSA v.2 gets done. (less bugs, etc, overall a good thing for this to be done)
2: hugobros3 agrees to add full KSA support. (at this point we don't even know if the bugs are going to be fixed for KSO, so it's hard to say if he'd want to add support for KSA)

OR

1: KSA v.2 gets done. (again really needed, KSA has too many bugs to simply introduce new ones)
2: I figure out how to add online capabilities and awesome multiplayer.
3: I figure out how to host it somehow.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to say that it's NOT out of the question, (and I am not that strict with the source, I just like it to be used wisely) and also that it's going to take a lot of work to make KSA integrated or otherwise online. I know I said that I wasn't going to work on KSA, but this might just change my mind.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:20:09 by BloxMaster »

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 11:31:02 »
About the chatroom idea; I set up #ksochat for this purpose. As this gets more popular, maybe #ksochat-[nameoflevel] ? Just an idea :)

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 14:19:31 »
In what way.
If you press space when the chat box is empty, the chat box closes. If you open it again with space, it will close every time you press space, even if there is text in it.
It doesn't delete sent messages, so you have to do that yourself.
You can only write until the little box is filled.
Latest sent message is half way out of the screen.

This is astonishing beyond belief. The only notes that I have for it are:
1) Chat function should be changed. Maybe it could be accessed with = or something similar instead?
= isn't its own key on some keyboards (mine for example). It would be better if it was a key that exists on all keyboards, like enter or shift.

Also, I noticed a bug where if you minimize the window a couple of times, the sound disappears

Offline hugobros3

• Former Knytt Stories Online "Coder"
    • View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 16:08:29 »
Wow.
I see you enjoy very much my mod...  C)
So if you love it ,I can make an bette version , just said me what you want me to add.
Give-me Ideas!

PS.
Please go to "the machine" level,that's the first word you get with KSO,and everyone had it
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 16:22:37 »
First of all, fix the chat. That seems to be the main issue at the moment. Razzorman pointed out the issues well above.
Second, there are other graphical issues too. When I die, where my name was is replaced by a white bar for the rest of the level.
Third, I'd be interested to know how the server works. I assume it uses one central server?

And in the future, how about making it so that, for instance, if one player presses a switch, the door that the switch opens is opened for all players? That would be awesome for co-operative levels. It might also break existing levels, so a checkbox option for this would be great.

Just my two cents :)

Also! About the chat, against dark grey it's invisible, so perhaps a background color? Also, it's covered up by objects, so if for instance there's water at the bottom of the screen, you can't see the last few messages.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 16:30:06 by Dataflashsabot »

Offline hugobros3

• Former Knytt Stories Online "Coder"
    • View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 16:53:22 »
http://rapidechange.com/v/174033/Yi8UjTJh/Knytt_Stories_Online__13527101035.zip

Verison 1.1 ,fixed chat,players list and better interface.
 ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 17:01:22 by hugobros3 »
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline fred052

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 17:08:32 »
I got something to say : when you die, you can't see your pseudo, and I can't see where the chat text appear when you send it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 17:20:12 by fred052 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 17:19:04 »
And in the future, how about making it so that, for instance, if one player presses a switch, the door that the switch opens is opened for all players? That would be awesome for co-operative levels. It might also break existing levels, so a checkbox option for this would be great.

I think that would be pretty hard. The entire engine and shit would have to be replaced.

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 17:41:27 »
http://rapidechange.com/v/174033/Yi8UjTJh/Knytt_Stories_Online__13527101035.zip

Verison 1.1 ,fixed chat,players list and better interface.
 ;)

Great! Except for one thing. The screen is placed a little bit out of the window, and so is the chat box.