KS online with OINC - Source Code Avaible

• 151 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: KS online with OINC
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2009, 19:27:39 »
Woah, this is probably awsome, but I haven't seen anyone else playing. I'm going to hang around in the blue forest in A Strange Dream for a while.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2009, 00:58:36 »
Admittedly, there are bugs with the system. I've noticed that other people who are on the same world I'm on DON'T have their names show up anymore on the list of players, but I can still see them and chat with them. But it DOES work.
Hmmm... nobody answered when I asked if anyone was there, so I'm guessing Oinc or whatever wasn't responding. :(

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2009, 12:38:55 »
Lizzaroro, you might want to download a program called WireShark to track the TCP packets sent to and received from the server the game uses, oinc.darkkiller.dk.
Good luck.

Offline hugobros3

• Former Knytt Stories Online "Coder"
    • View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2009, 15:30:51 »
Now everyone should agree with me after this comment, if not then there is something really screwed up with you. I kept joining oinc.darkkiller.dk and no one was there, Ever, Even in his newer versions. I kept trying the machine. After so much trying something broken I was like "Does this even work?" After some useless screenshots and videos of this version I soon figured out it didn't. Know why, Huga started two knytt stories online at the same time in his video, and pretended to be "other guy", you could see his mouse go to the other tab to pretend to be him, that video made me realise it's not online.

IT WORK.
I just launch two knytt stories online in same time beaucause notobody where online at the moment I have make the video.  <_<
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2009, 16:46:56 »
Wow... When I left this forum to take care of my own role playing forum, I was pretty much convinced this would never become a reality. But it seems, lucky as I am, I was wrong. Awesmoe.

I just played some with my friend. We ran around in The Machine and I watched him die a lot. It was fun.

I experienced some lag, like, his Juni wasn't animated, and moved around rather oddly. Like, when he moved to the right, he didn't go right in one fluent movement, rather he kind of moved a certain distance in several goes.

It was cool none the less.

And now I'm going to bring up some of my ideas.

Events
Pretty self-explanatory, no?
A group of players gather in a, preferably large level, and then play around.
One game that would both work well and be fun is Hide and Seek. And with custom objects that can overlap things, the It would have to be close enough to see the other players screen-name to find them. Sounds like fun, no?

My second idea is based on another idea from this forum.

Nifftown, Online.

Imagine how AWESMOE that would be! No longer would you have to be represented by an NPC that says the same thing over and over again, but you could actually BE in your house! You could even throw a party for all of your neighbours!

And also, I was just wondering if it would be possible to make it so you could appear as other things than Juni? I remember there used to be an old mod where you could play as the Knytt... Would it be possible to incorporate into this?
-place holder-

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2009, 17:29:52 »
My second idea is based on another idea from this forum.

Nifftown, Online.
*swoons* <3

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2009, 17:41:03 »
Someone should take the latest available version of Nifftown, delete all NPCs, reupload and tag it 'Nifftown Online Edition'. Also I made a Lobby level a while ago.

« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2009, 01:44:28 »
So I downloaded this and started it up. The box on the left that should be a list of servers was blank. This is normal, right? It means that nobody else is playing the level I selected?

The OP says to check the box marked "play online" but I see no such checkbox.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2009, 17:03:00 »
The list of servers is blank because you manually have to add oinc.darkkiller.dk. And that checkbox was removed in the latest version.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline hugobros3

• View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2009, 20:09:15 »
New version under devloppement!
Use Lacewing and it NOT lag.

Features:
 :juni: anti-lag system
 :juni: You can wear clothes with colors of your choice and the others see it.
 :juni: Players interaction:Doors,keys,die,umbrella,hollogram,buttons
 :juni: Custom objects: blocks that disapear when a other player press the buton,etc...
 :juni: Smileys

And more!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 20:48:32 by hugobros3 »
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2009, 20:32:00 »
@Hugo: Add a space after the second colon in the :juni: images you've put up there.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2009, 00:40:50 »
Cool. :) You seriously need to fix the chat though.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline hugobros3

• View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2009, 14:08:35 »
Yes.   :)

But I have something to say: I lost the source beacaus that  f****  :shocked: external drive is broke.(problems comes from the alimentation)
But that's no really a problem;I re-code all and I make it better.
 ;) I have start to re-code a few days ago and it's half finished  C)p

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2009, 00:15:32 »
YAYAYAYAY!!!!! I mean, I didn't think it was POSSIBLE for it to be better  C)p
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2009, 03:09:28 »
WOOt this is awesome!!