KS online with OINC - Source Code Avaible

• 151 Replies

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: KS online with OINC
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2009, 15:06:01 »
What are you talking about, Lizzaroro? It's online and working.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2009, 01:49:50 »
Oooooohhhhhh, it's ok, Lizzaroro. Everybody does something like that sooner or later. :sympathetic look: (yes, it's a custom smiley name. get used to it!)

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2009, 06:05:08 »
Why does everyone think Knytt Online and Knytt Stories Online are the same thing? They are online versions of two, quite different games...
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2009, 08:44:15 »
Why does everyone think Knytt Online and Knytt Stories Online are the same thing? They are online versions of two, quite different games...

Correction, one looks online but really isn't.
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline Sparks

• :v
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2009, 18:26:05 »

Is all I have to say on the matter.

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2009, 18:31:32 »
I have tried both with other people over the internet and they both work perfectly. You are entering oinc.darkkiller.dk as a server name right?

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2009, 01:39:36 »
Explain that, please. We don't understand what you mean.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2009, 02:40:04 »
Now everyone should agree with me after this comment, if not then there is something really screwed up with you. I kept joining oinc.darkkiller.dk and no one was there, Ever, Even in his newer versions. I kept trying the machine. After so much trying something broken I was like "Does this even work?" After some useless screenshots and videos of this version I soon figured out it didn't. Know why, Huga started two knytt stories online at the same time in his video, and pretended to be "other guy", you could see his mouse go to the other tab to pretend to be him, that video made me realise it's not online.
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2009, 04:14:30 »
Oh noes!
Lurk more.

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2009, 09:30:02 »
Maybe there's just nobody playing it? Come to IRC sometime and ask if anyone wants to play it with you. Why won't you believe the people who are telling you it works?

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:47 »
It works, I have played with people. It's just that no one is ever online, almost. Are you stupid in some way?
Use the tester of channels to see if someone is online.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:35:25 by LimeLemon »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2009, 13:17:59 »
Now everyone should agree with me after this comment, if not then there is something really screwed up with you. I kept joining oinc.darkkiller.dk and no one was there, Ever, Even in his newer versions. I kept trying the machine. After so much trying something broken I was like "Does this even work?" After some useless screenshots and videos of this version I soon figured out it didn't. Know why, Huga started two knytt stories online at the same time in his video, and pretended to be "other guy", you could see his mouse go to the other tab to pretend to be him, that video made me realise it's not online.
It works just fine mr.conspiracy theory. If nobody is online, its not because it isn't actually working and hugo is faking a connection, but because nobody is online.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2009, 14:28:38 »
If nobody is online, its not because it isn't actually working [...], but because nobody is online.
Because nobody ever is online, I had the greatest idea! Maybe we could use the forum software to schedule multiplayer events! No, I don't mean posting in this thread that "I'm going to be in the machine at 7:00 pm," because we all live in pretty much different time zones. But since we specify our time zone when we create an account, we could create sort of a calendar that you would post the world you are going to be in and the time you would be there. The forum would then take your time zone, and then mod the time to the time zone of the person who is viewing it. It's almost perfect, if it's compatible with the forum software... :shifty:

TL;DR? You should make a calendar.

Oh, and by the way, tester of channels always says that one person is online, no matter what, even if no one is there. :S

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2009, 20:02:54 »
No it doesn't. No one was online when I posted that. If you mean that you see no one when you go on the level, it's because no one else than you appear on the player list, and the other player is probably somewhere else on the level, afk if not responding.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2009, 22:16:23 »
Admittedly, there are bugs with the system. I've noticed that other people who are on the same world I'm on DON'T have their names show up anymore on the list of players, but I can still see them and chat with them. But it DOES work.