[Environmental/Playground] - Somber

• 11 Replies

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
[Environmental/Playground] - Somber
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:39 »
I was just fooling around over the last weekend and came up with a little level, i think its a bit diferent than conventional levels, anyways there may be a few bugs but nothing major.  I think the level concept has never been tried before (well maybe but not to this extent). The level is KSA exclusive (unless you want no rain XD).

Some story:
A young knytt decides to go for a visit to a small comunity and decides to stay a while

Its not much of a story but the concept included is pretty fun :P

Enjoy playing it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ayyayyolmdn

Even just the screenshots may give something away... oh well :3 Please report any bugs :P2
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 20:27:57 by Emeraldfire7 »

Offline bunnrey

• still working...
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental/Playground] - Somber
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:40:26 »
when ever I try to play it Knytt stories stops working.
 :sad:

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:43:12 »
its probably because its not KSA... probably :/

Offline ErSorro

• void main ()
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 01:27:16 »
What a nice screenshots
downloading!!
Don't worry, they're only four raindrops... - Noah

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 02:02:15 »
Love the effect on the background tiles in the first screenshot, but, other than that, the screenshots look bland. :/
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:41 »
yeah i guess a little... i had no room in the tilesets (i was more lazy) and didn't have any background tiles :/ i may or may not fix it up in the near future :P2 thanks for the reply guys :)

Offline saba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 12:09:57 »
I kind of don't get this level. I mean the times just seem to change randomly when you leave and enter houses. I went to sleep and it was suddenly night, then I found a key, went into a door, fell through and it was daylight again. The very same door was suddenly closed. Could you explain this a little bit?  :^^:

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 17:11:44 »
i haven't played this yet because i don't have ksa on my boyfriends computer  <_< but those screen shots remind me of Prince of Persia lolz well at least the last 2

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 22:03:27 »
I kind of don't get this level. I mean the times just seem to change randomly when you leave and enter houses. I went to sleep and it was suddenly night, then I found a key, went into a door, fell through and it was daylight again. The very same door was suddenly closed. Could you explain this a little bit?  :^^:

Ok people this spoiler is HUGE, if you dont like ruining levels, dont read this XD
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

i haven't played this yet because i don't have ksa on my boyfriends computer  <_< but those screen shots remind me of Prince of Persia lolz well at least the last 2

Thanks for the Prince of persia remark... I guess it does look a little like it, but it wasn't inspired by,trust me :P2

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:35:27 »
played it through and...
-liked the music and the time changes
-did not like the invisible walls at both ends (I hate invisible walls in general, unless they're an integral part of the story/level)

I haven't played Knytt Stories in a while, so are the beacons of light something new that was introduced in KSA or is it something you or someone else made (or is it something that's been in the game for a while that I either missed or forgot)?

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 07:00:15 »
I haven't played Knytt Stories in a while, so are the beacons of light something new that was introduced in KSA or is it something you or someone else made (or is it something that's been in the game for a while that I either missed or forgot)?

There was an update in ks that could let us make custom objects. The custom objects are frame animations we can put in the game and use as objects.

anyway, Emerald. I really liked this level. The concept of time shift is nice (I did it before you, hahaha).
Good work.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 22:03:45 »
@salmoneous: thank you very much :P2 i dont recall ever playing a level with time in it lol, I guess ill hunt yours down (:<

@Jmoonels: about the beacon thing it is an object in KSA not a CO it "stalks" you and i thought it looked good for the towers (hopefully that wasn't a huge spoiler(probably not XD))