1000 Blank White Cards

• 7 Replies
1000 Blank White Cards
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:00:57 »
Hey there, I'm a friend of shawnachu.... *cough*.... Yeah, so... Here's the game, which I've actually played with real cards before, but that got kinda... card-like.

So, first, you all come up with... 5 cards each, I guess, which I'll put in the "deck" using random.org. I'll "deal" the cards out to each of you, telling you in a PM if you got any of the special cards and whatnot.

In just a random order, the players will either play the cards on themselves, their opponents, or the "center of the table", which makes it have an effect on anyone.

Now, if you have a blank card in your hand, just turn it into a regular card!   :P

A card is made as follows:

"[Title]:[Points]. [Effect]"  The points should be positive or negative, and between 1000 and 10000. Of course, for humour, which is pretty much what this game is all about, you may make the numbers smaller or bigger. For example, "Chuck Norris saves the world" should definitely be slightly bigger than 1000. Like maybe 1500 or something.

Technically, you win by having the most points at the end of the game, but this game is truly all about having fun. And if you make the best and funniest cards, then there's another, even BETTER way to win!!

So... Just join in!

Re: 1000 Blank White Cards
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:02 »
Alright. A bit vague, but sounds fun. :D

So:
1. The "cards" can have anything written on them?
2. How do you win, or gain points for that matter?
3. I think you ought to post that you're playing in thread before PMing cards.
4. Could you supply an example of "[Title]:[Points]. [Effect]"?

I'll join once this has been clarified.
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:08:22 »
1. Pretty much.
2. You technically win by getting the most points, which is obtained by having a card "in front of you", making you win or lose points.
3. ?
4. Chuck Norris: 10,000 points. For each Chuck Norris joke you tell (up to five), you get an additional 1,000 points.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:14:08 »
Ok. I'll use your example of "Chuck Norris: 10,000 points. For each Chuck Norris joke you tell (up to five), you get an additional 1,000 points."

Correct me where there are fallacies in the following scenario:
You play this card to the table, and everyone else gets 10000 points.
or
You play this card to yourself, thereby receiving 10000 points.
or
You play this card to Player A. Player A gets 10000 points
Then:
You tell three Chuck Norris jokes in a row, and therefore receive 3000 points.
Player A tells six in a row, but only gets 5000 points.

3. ?
It would behoove you to post something like this in the first post: "Everyone must sign-up by posting in thread. Only then, may you submit cards."
Lurk more.

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:43:13 »
i'm sorry this doesn't work on the internet

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 07:51:05 »
Usually this is played as a nomic game, but since in this incarnation there's no rule-changing or making mechanism, it looks like this will soon descend into a give-yourself-as-many-points-as-you-can-you-greedy-bastard-fest.

Also the logistics of running a net card game on a sleepy forum like here would be really tough and clunky.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 04:22:32 »
Heh. Forget this game then. It.... Won't.... Work...

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 15:48:57 »
Really?
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν