New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?

• 63 Replies

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2009, 10:37:01 »
Showing us even the smallest bit of progress would help the mature members here be MORE patient with you, if you ask me.

I'd argue that the 'mature' members here should be mature enough to be patient. :^^: If you still can't wait, just forget about it and accept the fact it won't be done soon enough for you and move on.

As an aside:
I was interested in the project and thought about rehosting my old levels on the new archive once it was done, and didn't anticipate such a long delay, but I'm not disappointed myself. I just think that maybe this transitory state is affecting KS level making in some way; but it could also be fatigue (KS has had a long run after all), which the eventual archive redesign would do nothing about. With this I don't mean the project is useless, though.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2009, 23:50:51 »
I just think that maybe this transitory state is affecting KS level making in some way; but it could also be fatigue (KS has had a long run after all), which the eventual archive redesign would do nothing about. With this I don't mean the project is useless, though.

Yup, the KS level repository will be not useless, people have to download their KSDS levels somewhere.

:P

(OK, sorry for the hijack, back to design CO objects...  :/ )

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 19:10:47 »
Sorry to bring up the old topic, especially since it had a bit of unpleasantness going on... but I think this is the right place to bring up the issue I have in mind.

Since the new version of knyttlevels.com is a long-term project, and yet new levels appear frequently, perhaps a notice about the forum could be added to the current version of knyttlevels.com? For instance, on the "upload a level" page. Something along the lines of "you're welcome to post about your level at the forum". Because new levels appear there that never appear here, people creating levels do not receive feedback, the KS community is getting smaller, etc. Perhaps some of the people who create levels may simply be unaware of the forum? The name "Support forum", as it is called, doesn't suggest "Custom levels discussion forum".

Just a thought.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2010, 10:42:29 »
I agree with yohji, with a name like "Support Forum", you'd think it's only meant for troubleshooting, level editing questions etc. and not posting about levels. Maybe it should be renamed to Nifforum, as most people on here call it. [/hinthint]
:hiddenstar: My only one.