New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?

• 63 Replies
Re: New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 20:26:54 »
Now LP has set himself a deadline. :shifty:
Lurk more.

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 22:36:07 »
If you want an estimation, here is one: It will be done between one day from now and 55 years from now. ;)
Cute. But with all the whiners screaming at you, I can forgive that. :P

I understand that you're insanely busy, but what I'd like to know is how far along things have come since you got sidetracked. What sort of specifics have already been completed, what's still being worked on, that sort of thing. I'm not asking for much, and I'm trying to be civil about asking for it. I don't want a deadline, just what's been finished so far. Please? :)

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 23:09:40 »
LPChip should put a countdown to 2064 on the front page, like he did with Saira! :P

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 23:25:15 »
LPChip should put a countdown to 2064 on the front page, like he did with Saira! :P
I can see it now: 54 years, 51 weeks, 05 days, 19:35:01 until Knyttlevels is released! X)
Lurk more.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 23:29:22 »
I dont think LPchip would be motivated enough to stay in the forum for 50 years :(

And nifflas has to retire sometime :( thats the time where the forum crumbles

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 08:16:05 »
XD

woah, that's a pretty accurate estimate on your behalf, LP! (j/k obviously...)

Just LEAVE LP ALONE, K! the more you speculate on how long it's going to take, the more time LP uses replying to your posts. Just leave him alone to do what he needs/wants to do. Unless he WANTS us to.....which i don't think he does.

EDIT:
I just realised how hipocritical I sounded just then XD
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 18:04:37 »
Naw. Let people talk. Its not like its doing any harm anyways.
Responding to our posts isn't going to delay the release of knyttlevels with more than a couple of minutes, and seriously, what does a few minutes matter after 55 years? :P
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 18:42:19 »
Naw. Let people talk. Its not like its doing any harm anyways.
Responding to our posts isn't going to delay the release of knyttlevels with more than a couple of minutes, and seriously, what does a few minutes matter after 55 years? :P
I'd say sure, if the discussion had actually made any progress. The real progress ended several months ago. Now we're just continuing in circles of asking LPChip to make an estimate on when he's done. Let the man be.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 19:10:42 »
I think it's funny that some of you are acting like it's a bad thing to ask that.

LPChip, why won't you give us any information about this? It's not a secret project in any way so what do you have to hide? Tell me that. We have the right to know, you make it for us. We have waited for this now in such a time and you can't show any compassion in that. At least give a propper answer then just "it's done when it's done." That is not acceptable and not an answer, it's a punch in the face.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 20:03:10 »
He hasn't posted any info because he doesn't have the time to do so, and because he doesn't want a deadline.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 20:24:29 »
that is no excuse. Don't be ridiculous.

Edit: oh man, my above post sounded way to mean and serious, it's not a big deal really.
(so what if I have some mood-shifts.)

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 20:50:10 »
Wow. This thread is almost completely offtopic, considering we never will get any information regarding knyttlevels until it's done. But it can't be locked either because it's ontopic. :D
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 23:30:04 »
The only reason why I refuse to give out any info is for the following reasons:

I do not have much control over the amount of time I can spend working on the system, so planning an estimated time is nearly impossible for me. If I tell the progress I have made, people will simply (its how a human mind works) try to do the calculation themselves. They will obviously fail and then feel disappointed. They'll feel as if I had let them down and didn't met their expectations.

I know for a fact that I cannot work on the system as much as I want to, and even when I know how much work I have left before I can even release a beta, I also know that it is very likely that this changes due to getting into unforeseen problems. (yes, have had a few of them already)

So you may ask: but why won't I reveal what I already made? Well, its for the same reason. If you know what has been made, you will guess what work I have left and you will also guess that it takes x amount of time. For the rest, see the first sentences of this post.

I only assure you that I work on this project whenever time allows me. The project is big, and I plan to release an early beta with at least some functionality but not everything so people can start posting their levels while I continue to build on the system. When that'll happen, some day.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 01:53:53 »
I completely understand your logic, but I don't think you're giving us all enough credit. Showing us even the smallest bit of progress would help the mature members here be MORE patient with you, if you ask me. The idiots who do what you're saying they will can just be ignored or have their posting privileges taken away.

Still, I understand where you're coming from on this.