New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?

• 63 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 00:52:35 »
Ok, this is ridiculous. LPChip is doing something out of the good of his heart, and it is really going to be awesome. Let's just leave it alone, and let it surprise us all when (or if, now that certain forum members are not really being all that encouraging, and are demanding details) it comes out. LPChip, you've been doing great, and I really appreciate it. However, if you don't think that you're being appreciated enough, I totally understand. We have a knytt levels archive, which works well enough, at least for now, so this isn't totally necessary, though I would be eternally grateful to you if you did finish it. In fact, I think that if he feels up to completing it, then everyone on this forum owes him a :hiddenstar:. That is all I have to say on the matter.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 00:59:29 »
Ok, this is ridiculous. LPChip is doing something out of the good of his heart, and it is really going to be awesome. Let's just leave it alone, and let it surprise us all when (or if, now that certain forum members are not really being all that encouraging, and are demanding details) it comes out. LPChip, you've been doing great, and I really appreciate it. However, if you don't think that you're being appreciated enough, I totally understand. We have a knytt levels archive, which works well enough, at least for now, so this isn't totally necessary, though I would be eternally grateful to you if you did finish it. In fact, I think that if he feels up to completing it, then everyone on this forum owes him a :hiddenstar:. That is all I have to say on the matter.
I appreciate what he's doing. And I'm not saying he should take suggestions, either. (On the contrary, I say he ignore them.) I'm just saying that, since we don't see or hear anything about his progress, everyone's saying, "OMFG When will you be done?!?! D:", which, as LPChip said, is unmotivating him (is that even a word?). If LPChip makes that thread, then he can post his progress and we could say, "Yay, LPChip!" like what we did when the forum broke.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 02:12:13 »
Since when has LPChip allowed public opinion to sway his actions so heavily?  Very few people stated that they would prefer the level archive to the forum.  There was, in fact, considerable protest to it (a lot of it from me, admittedly).  But LPChip went on with it anyway.

According to his statements, first he would give it a level of functionality equivalent to what it already has, then he would release it to the public, then start adding things like comments, searches, et al.
That was in February.
If he has something to show after more than half a year of work, then perhaps he should show it - but he isn't, so either he hasn't been working on it at all, or, more likely, he isn't so uncertain about the project that he requires constant "cheering on" from the forum members.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 02:44:51 »
If he has something to show after more than half a year of work, then perhaps he should show it - but he isn't, so either he hasn't been working on it at all, or, more likely, he isn't so uncertain about the project that he requires constant "cheering on" from the forum members.
I don't think anyone's actually expressed the idea that he requires said cheering on. However, I think--and please correct me if I'm wrong here, LPChip, since I can't read your mind--that it would help him a lot more to have that cheering on, instead of "GAWD HURRY UP BLAAH!" I don't feel the latter, but I've seen quite a bit of it--a bit too much, in my opinion. :/

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 11:58:33 »
I believe I already said this, but I'll do it again.

I have bought a house, and that takes all my time. I also have a full job so working on my house is already quite some work, that I'm doing for a month now (actually 2 months, as the whole process of buying it took me alot of time too), and I'm not even finished there either. So, yeah... I did put the project on hold a little bit, simply because I have other things that are more important. I haven't abandoned it yet, but it certainly makes it harder to work on it, if a topic appears that literally says: this will never finish. Cus if people think that, it wouldn't hurt, if I just dropped the project and have less concern on my mind.

I'm also in another project, and thats an overhaul of modplug. I have put that project on hold for much longer and I wouldn't mind working on that too. So yeah... It'll be done when it'll be done.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 17:34:47 »
Is there no one who can help you? Who you can offload some of the work to?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 18:21:36 »
I believe I already said this, but I'll do it again.

I have bought a house, and that takes all my time. I also have a full job so working on my house is already quite some work, that I'm doing for a month now (actually 2 months, as the whole process of buying it took me alot of time too), and I'm not even finished there either. So, yeah... I did put the project on hold a little bit, simply because I have other things that are more important. I haven't abandoned it yet, but it certainly makes it harder to work on it, if a topic appears that literally says: this will never finish. Cus if people think that, it wouldn't hurt, if I just dropped the project and have less concern on my mind.

I'm also in another project, and thats an overhaul of modplug. I have put that project on hold for much longer and I wouldn't mind working on that too. So yeah... It'll be done when it'll be done.
You forgot that you also are administrating the forum. X)
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 19:58:03 »
Indeed... Busy me.

J offered to help me, but in order for him to help me, he has to understand the system as I already made it thus far. In order for him to understand it, I have to make an UML chart. I already started making one and am quite progressed in that, but unluckily time hasn't permitted me to work on that either.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 23:06:50 »
So yeah... It'll be done when it'll be done.

Just take your time and then surprise us  ;) .

Offline by22dgb

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 08:36:06 »
OK..I just feel I post a wrong topic...

If anyone felt annoying with my post,I must regret that.

It's not what I wanted.
Signature?What?

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 09:11:52 »
No worries - it's just happens to be a touchy subject. :)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 10:46:32 »
Its not your question that got me upset, it are the responses that came from it.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 05:20:20 »
Personally I believe that LPChip is doing a great job with what he's doing. Taking into consideration that he's moved house, and is working on other projects as well as a full-time job, its just great that he's still working on something like that. So everyone, leave LP alone, he can do WITHOUT all of us going on about it (admittedly i did ask when it would be finished myself, but that's not the point).

Cuedos for taking on the project, and I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes to finish. I give LP a :hiddenstar: for his work so far. Great Job!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 09:16:05 »
Thanks. :)

I'll do my best.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 19:50:56 »
indeed. keep it up LP.
the KS community is kind of at a flatline. needs some CPR, the new site might just do the trick. :D
that and the release of NG
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 19:52:49 by StaticRomantic »