New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?

• 63 Replies

Offline by22dgb

• Nope.
    • View Profile
New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:09:20 »
since my poor English, i don't think i can say too much things without fault.

i wish my title tell everything.i search many boards and don't find an answer.....
Signature?What?

Re: New here..When Temporary Forum be PERMANENT?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 07:16:08 »
Never. When knyttlevels's remake is complete, it will be torn down. Sorry to disappoint you.
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:33:17 »
First, welcome! :awsum:
Second, as PurplePineapple said, it'll be torn down when KnyttLevels is re-made. LPChip is currently in the process of upgrading it into what the Temporary Board does now, and more. I think there was going to be comment capability, ratings, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline by22dgb

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:58:46 »
Thank you Purple Pineapple and Pumpkinbot.You just do great help to me.

So...How long it may take for the process?I just can't wait to see the changes in knyttLevels..

People around me don't even know this game.What they like to play is Warcraft 3.It's a good game,anyway.But I like KS more.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:00:19 by by22dgb »
Signature?What?

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 18:01:21 »
It'll be gone when KnyttLevels is finished - but KnyttLevels will never be finished.  It is essentially permanent.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 19:48:10 »
but KnyttLevels will never be finished.
I must say that is the general attitude of the forum, considering LPChip won't even give us a progress report.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 19:56:08 »
And with reactions like this, motivation to actually finish it become less and less.

Really makes me wonder why I put so much energy in a project if it isn't being appreciated anyway.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 22:15:50 »
People need to take in account that LPChip doesn't have to do this for us. I wouldn't blame him for quitting working on it just because a lot of people aren't respecting his time or effort. (In contrast the same people who complain about it now are the ones who'd complain because he stopped for 'no reason at all') Sorry if this seems harsh to anyone, but honestly, LPChip is human too, and just because he isn't getting it done when YOU think it should be doesn't warrent everyone to bash him with words like 'It needs to be done now' 'It's not going to get done, forget it', etc.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 22:25:06 »
I don't really care if it gets finished or not. What bugs me is the whole curtain of secrecy around the project.
Lurk more.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 22:31:41 »
And by saying you don't care you are effectively are saying LPChip is wasting his time. That's how I and I'm sure he would see it as. Also, it's not a secret, LPChip simply wants to spend more time doing it than explaining it.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 22:33:21 »
And by saying you don't care you are effectively are saying LPChip is wasting his time.
Well..
Lurk more.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 22:35:01 »
And by saying you don't care you are effectively are saying LPChip is wasting his time.
Well..

If you work on a project without giving any public evidence of progress, regardless of how much work you've put into it, you can't expect everyone to act like you're doing something fantastic.
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 23:36:09 »
Well..

If you work on a project without giving any public evidence of progress, regardless of how much work you've put into it, you can't expect everyone to act like you're doing something fantastic.
LPChip, might I suggest a thread for your progress in a blog-like style? :awsum:

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 23:46:06 »
LPChip, might I suggest a thread for your progress in a blog-like style? :awsum:
I second that. While I trust that you are working on it, it's hard to remember that when I have no idea how much progress there's been.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 00:41:14 »
I second that. While I trust that you are working on it, it's hard to remember that when I have no idea how much progress there's been.
I remember you said you didn't want any ideas from other members, LPChip, right? If so, it's as simple as ignoring them. ;)