The official leaving thread?

• 2 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
The official leaving thread?
« on: September 25, 2009, 06:57:35 »
I thought, after reading some posts, and how topics for leaving were always locked, which, according to LP Chip, is because they are merely informative, that a thread like this would be a good idea, provided that everyone who posts after a person has announced in this thread that they are leaving can only post once until somebody else has announced they are leaving (also, we could have a welcoming thread too!). Please let me know your thoughts.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: The official leaving thread?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 12:05:17 »
I'd rather not have a topic like this, because it would suggest that everyone is going to leave.

The reason for locking topics for goodbye's is that it often triggers discussions as in: oh, why are you leaving, and stuff like that which often not even gets a reply because that user already left. Besides some users make other users feel bad by these topics too.

But I guess the most important thing is that this would eliminate the ability to reply at all which we do not want either as it will be a form of "too restricted".

We've tried to find a balance in allowing to reply, but ensure that no unnecessary discussions/spamming occurs.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: The official leaving thread?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:12:18 »
That would be the exact opposite to most other forums. Its common that a forum has some kind of welcome thread or board, but this is the first time that I have seen something like this suggested.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D