8 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Merch? Yay or nay?

• 61 Replies

Offline dvit

• View Profile
Re: Merch? Yay or nay?
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 19:39:14 »
You could make Knytt Stories style umbrellas, but I'm not sure that their inherent coolness would translate into sales.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 23:41:15 »
I voted Yay!

I probably won't buy anything expensive though. A mouse pad or maybe a poster would be nice.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 05:28:12 »
Definitely yes.

I've been interested in the thought for awhile now, roughly around the time I created your golden statue for Christmas :P

I think it would be pretty cool to see the thought materialized.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 18:56:56 »
As a grown up I need money to survive. It's not about any illusions about taking over the world or getting rich, I'm happy as long as I can afford a home, food, and in the future perhaps even enough money to buy a house or support children. Either I get a full time work and spend 8 hours per day getting the money I need for that - which means I'll have no time to work on game development - or I try to make money out of the game development so I don't have to spend all those 8 hours on something else.

I can't see a "the more money you get, the more money you want" aspect in this. I mean, how is this exclusive to people who are into creative stuff, you could say that about anyone having a normal work too, right? We all need money, but because I'm a game developer who want to sell stuff there's suddenly a major risk that I'll turn greedy and evil?
You have a point. *changes answer*
Edit: 42nd "Yay" vote for the win.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 23:25:33 »
Ah, answer to ultimate question 'bout life universe everyhing blah blah ;) I read the books too, even enjoyed the radio shows!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 23:27:18 by Nifflas »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2009, 00:19:59 »
Ah, answer to ultimate question 'bout life universe everyhing blah blah ;) I read the books too, even enjoyed the radio shows!
:awsum:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2009, 00:34:51 »
As a grown up I need money to survive. It's not about any illusions about taking over the world or getting rich, I'm happy as long as I can afford a home, food, and in the future perhaps even enough money to buy a house or support children. Either I get a full time work and spend 8 hours per day getting the money I need for that - which means I'll have no time to work on game development - or I try to make money out of the game development so I don't have to spend all those 8 hours on something else.

I can't see a "the more money you get, the more money you want" aspect in this. I mean, how is this exclusive to people who are into creative stuff, you could say that about anyone having a normal work too, right? We all need money, but because I'm a game developer who want to sell stuff there's suddenly a major risk that I'll turn greedy and evil?

well put.
people who constantly accuse others of "selling out" need to step back and shut up. there's a lot of factors that go into things like KS that fans don't see. just because you don't want to dish out a few bucks to support game makers and artists doesn't give you the right to complain about the fact that they need to make a living as well (issues like L4D2 come to mind).
the way i see it, it's alright to have making a living a focus of your products, as long as it doesn't become the focus.

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 10:05:15 »
I'd buy a Juni plushie for X-mas or B-day present for my girlfriend as she is a big fan of KS. I think She would be very happily surprised.   C)

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 22:29:42 »
I would buy a plushie version of the blue WaDF ball. Or a rubber version. Or maybe a tennis version. Or soccer version...
 Some kind of ball that I can throw... :]

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009, 02:29:02 »
....or a stress ball!

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 04:15:08 »
Some kind of ball that I can throw... :]
....or a stress ball!
Definitely.
Lurk more.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009, 15:14:32 »
Good news! Sara Sandberg has illustrated some really nice artwork for shirts! I really like what she came up with and hope you will too :)

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2009, 18:54:17 »
yaaay!  I'm sure it's pretty.  I'm looking forward to such merch. :nuts:
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile