• 61 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Merch? Yay or nay?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 22:01:12 »
I agree basically with what minmay said. Merchandise might be neat but I can't see myself actually buying any.

We've all got a little capitalist inside us.

Lies.
good bye

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 22:49:35 »
Sounds good to me. I've always wanted a T-shirt with a clever joke about the evils of the glass ball or something.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 00:01:51 »
I really want merchandise. I would buy a knytt t-shirt anytime. (Im not kidding) :D

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 00:18:02 »
I think this is a great idea. I would probably buy a poster, mousepad, etc. with art from your games.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 00:50:20 »
I think this is a great idea. I would probably buy a poster, mousepad, etc. with art from your games.
Hm... I'm actually needing a mousepad... *hint* x)

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 06:59:55 »
I really want merchandise. I would buy a knytt t-shirt anytime. (Im not kidding) :D

me to!  :D
 I agree with lpchip
I'd say, do both. ;)

And do merchandise (you have tons of fans who'd like artwork for in their rooms based on the games you make) and for those that just want to give money but don't need/want the artwork, do donations.

That way, you have the benefits of both.

Also, don't feel bad about turning the commercial way. As long as you do it with the right spirit, and you do that, its the only way to keep doing what you love to do in this monetary society.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 08:44:49 »
Big-time yes!
Try not to fall into the MOR (middle of the road) Merch trap, like t-shirts and coffee mugs (/\ mentioned above) try to do some intriguing stuff that'll catch peoples attention. Posters are also a good idea! :P2

slightly offtopic, niff, I recon you should get some wallpapers from your games and add them to your website (not the forum). Good-looking wallpapers are a really good way of advertising games if you can get them spreading around a bit! C)p
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:31 »
also a plush toy within a deep forest ball or juni would be AWESOME  :O

Offline mato

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 17:12:46 »
I am not dead-set on buying anything before I see, it will depend on the quality really. But trying to make something out of your art is not a bad thing as long as it does not somehow change you. I sure am glad you updated your site though and I do wish we knew how to hear more from you and see more of what you are up to artistically, you are just so coy sometimes Nifflas.

To me you are this person who lives in a igloo up in the north pole, sleeping below a star filled sky, interconected with the universe with some kind of an intergalactic internet connection and who makes ethereal, exquisite, unique, beautiful art pieces. Now don't spoil the image for me please, don't demystify it.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 20:32:29 »
I'd say yay, but you shouldn't do it for people saying "yay, I'm not buying" since I can see you ending up with stuff you don't need and can't sell... maybe..

That being said I would definitely consider buying a t-shirt with KS related art. As a fan of the game in an area where I feel kinda lonely about it, it would be cool with a t-shirt so some people might actually spot you and say "Hey! I like KS too!".

Happened to me with a megatokyo sweatshirt once, and several times with xkcd t-shirts. That was simply awesome! XD

So, t-shirt would be a blast for me.  And a smaller KS-related poster wouldn't hurt either. Anything big wouldn't fit in my room. :P2

Though, as mato said: quality. If the print wears off quickly I wouldn't buy twice.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 22:57:54 »
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm really taking them into consideration! I'll do my best to make sure it's quality stuff.

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 23:56:19 »
Like Paula, I'd really want to buy something more along the lines of actual art. I'd buy a poster for sure.
I, on the other hand would buy the exact opposite.

kinda lonely about it, it would be cool with a t-shirt so some people might actually spot you and say "Hey! I like KS too!".

Omg, it would be so cool if you were a McDonalds or something, and we saw a forum member  there...

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 03:26:53 »
I think plushies would be awesome. Also, I would buy a t-shirt, because it is a great way of saying "Hey guys! I like nifflas games!" And then other fans will know they an talk to me about it, and it really just works out great for everyone involved. I was walking down the street a few days ago wearing my Avenue Q shirt, and I got into conversations with about five random strangers. Also, free advertising for you!

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:10 »
I think plushies would be awesome.
Totally.
Lurk more.