Hardest Very Hard level

• 12 Replies

Offline special_d

• View Profile
Hardest Very Hard level
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:16:26 »
I'm playing Afar at the moment on VH difficulty and I've got to say, it's pretty difficult. What say you?

Re: Hardest Very Hard level
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:01:49 »
I personally think Forest And Sky is just crazy hard for a level labeled Very Hard. (People who say Dark Sea is are weird)
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:40:43 »
I'm playing Afar at the moment on VH difficulty and I've got to say, it's pretty difficult. What say you?
Some parts, definitely.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Almost reminiscent of IWBTG..

People who say Dark Sea is are weird
Yeah.. dark sea is about 1/3 up the spectrum.

I personally think Forest And Sky is just crazy hard for a level labeled Very Hard.
I've gotta try that!
Lurk more.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 18:32:56 »
Spiral, perhaps.
Or maybe my level Gehenna which I've heard many thinks should be Lunatic, I dont think that.
Well, I think that very hard isn't so different from Lunatic, I think that Lunatic is unnecessary.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 01:34:21 »
Spiral, perhaps.
Maybe..

Or maybe my level Gehenna which I've heard many thinks should be Lunatic, I dont think that.
Yeah. Gehenna isn't too hard for a very hard. Honestly though, Hardest Very Hard Level is kind of hard to dispute.
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 00:49:11 »
Actually, it's my own thread, so I'm going to hijack it. I do need help on Afar VH mode. I have run, climb, double, high jump, eye, red and blue keys. Where do I go now?  <_<

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 01:29:37 »
Assuming you haven't played Afar normal:

Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 18:10:27 »
Afar on Very Hard is not Very Hard.  It is Lunatic.

The green area (ever since the horrible invisible part was made visible) isn't that bad, but the blue area - is indeed the sort of thing you'd expect to see in IWBTG.  I have never managed to pass that screen where you have to make five frame-perfect, pixel-perfect jumps in a row - I always had to cheat past it.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 19:45:41 »
I have never managed to pass that screen where you have to make five frame-perfect, pixel-perfect jumps in a row - I always had to cheat past it.
3, actually. And I made it past there twice. (There and back) Ever since then, I spend half an hour guessing the code rather than go that way.
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:26 »
Okay, so, after getting the umbrella, how do I actually leave the level? I've tried getting to the exit but there's spikes in the way...

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 03:49:12 »
Lurk more.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 20:57:49 »
Afar on Very Hard is not Very Hard.  It is Lunatic.

The green area (ever since the horrible invisible part was made visible) isn't that bad, but the blue area - is indeed the sort of thing you'd expect to see in IWBTG.  I have never managed to pass that screen where you have to make five frame-perfect, pixel-perfect jumps in a row - I always had to cheat past it.

Sorry for reviving such an old topic, but what's this I hear about the invisible part of Afar's green area having been made visible? I was only able to find one version of this level, and that part is invisible there. I had to cheat and look at it in the level editor to figure out how to get past it. If there's a version I can beat legitimately without insane amounts of trial and error, I'd like to give it a try.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 00:04:13 »
I think minmay refers to using the editor to put green tiles on the invisible tiles so they're visible in the game. If I remember correctly, something like this was done.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex