New site design

• 47 Replies

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
Re: New site design
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 00:21:24 »
With regards to the link tree solution - it's a great idea and I haven't clicked on it accidentally, but it is frustrating that it links to the main page in the same window, but the link back to the forum from the main page opens in a new window. You should be able to switch back and forth in the same window, or at least have some consistency by making them both open new windows.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 23:23:37 »
I made the link to the forum, and Nifflas made the link back. Although I agree that it would be easier to navigate back in the same window, its not always the case that you want to navigate back. Sometimes you start at the main page, and you want to access the forum in a separate window. I guess I could make the navigation open in a new window very easily, but I guess you don't want to navigate to the main site from the forum in a different page.

Nifflas, if you have some thoughts about this, let me know and we'll work it out together.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2009, 00:20:19 »
I don't know how it's a big deal really, everyone with firefox should just have the reflex to left or ctrl+click something to open it in a new tab, and I adjusted to the pink link in a few minutes so I have no understanding at all how somebody can not used to it. Perhaps those people just need to pracice to adapt.

Teper's point about the forum link is valid, it just works the way it does because I currently don't have the feature in my CMS to link from the menu to something that's not a site document and right now I need to focus on my games instead of CMS addons. Anyway, I grow tired of hearing about every new site design I do sucks compared to the previous one and how the old one was much more personal or original or whatever. Set up a direct bookmark to the forum if you think the new design is so horrible. I like the design, and I won't change it. This is no longer subject to open debate.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:15:47 by Nifflas »