Saira and level editing.

• 18 Replies

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Re: Saira and level editing.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 07:43:24 »
What if there wont be a way to install new levels? huh? Did anyone think of that? We learn how to use it and make levels only to find out there is no way to install them into the game  :O

Nifflas; Will there be a level installer in the game, like in ks?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:54 »
Sorry, in BG you will have to zip your level directory, then the other users will have to unzip that in the right folder. Level editing will not officially be supported after all.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 00:31:52 »
But you will be able to play custom levels without first removing other custom levels/the standard level(s), right?  Because, really, it would suck if you couldn't.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 15:42:10 »
Yes, of course. Now, custom BG levels will be a bit dangerous to run, as Multimedia Fusion 2 doesn't have the option to disable file writing actions that might be present in sub-applications. This means that the level designer can in theory use Multimedia Fusion 2 to build a virus into the level add-on modules, and there's nothing I can do to prevent it.

By this reason, I might not officially support the idea about running third party levels at all, but that it will still be available at your own risk through using a command line. The level designer shouldn't have a problem creating a shortcut file that runs the program with the right command lines though, I know I have seen shortcuts that manages to use relative paths.