How do i contact the maker of Tileset 3

• 6 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
How do i contact the maker of Tileset 3
« on: September 21, 2009, 00:29:44 »
I went to his website but i couldn't contact him. I made a remix of his tileset. I dont want to get him mad so can either someone tell me how to contact him or if it is ok to use the remix. And im sorry if this is in the wrong topic, I have no idea where to put this.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
Re: How do i contact the maker of Tileset 3
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 19:41:18 »
I might put it on a game... That might be a risk.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 20:17:05 »
Hm... I think you should not do it if you don't have his authorization. :S
Try making graphics of your own or see if you can use graphics by someone you can contact.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 20:56:57 »
Well, If you know how to contact him, Let me know. And if i can use it, Take a look at it on my website
www.peppyhare4000.wetpaint.com
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 21:08:15 by GangstasFORLife3000 »

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 01:10:07 »
generally speaking, for slight modifications to tilesets for KS use, as long as you don't claim that you made the tileset in the first place, should be ok.
I don't know what you mean with "might put it in a game", but if you mean any other game than Knytt Stories, that's a no, no matter if you get contact with the original author or not, because I believe the submission agreement requested exclusivity for tilesets. Meaning they cannot be used for anything but Knytt Stories.
As long as you just make a level with a remix of the tileset, and give proper credit, I'd reckon you don't have too much to worry about.

...yet-oh see mind: would be his email address, which could be found out sorta via his website that's given in the tileset...if you haven't tried that, do so, if you did, regard the above comment.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:42 »
Ya. I put original by Mike Vendettelli Beside it. What i mean by game is a knytt stories level, I get confused with those two things, sorry. Its like an expansion for the tileset. Example (Put Blue, Green, White and Black versions of the bricks and backgrounds) I put the Foreground for it, Background and Vent tileset and the center tower tileset for an alternate background. And drawbridges and the statues. Im getting approval so i dont get in trouble. And yea... Long discussion!