[misc][easy] - Tales of Tales

• 11 Replies

Offline Diago

• View Profile
[misc][easy] - Tales of Tales
« on: September 14, 2009, 22:51:53 »

A mish mash (yes, that) of some random game ideas I had. Varying in quality, incohesive, but not broken. Here be dragons.

I recommend Knytt Stories Advanced, but it's playable without.

Download:
Mediafire
Willhostforfood

Re: [misc][easy] - Tales of Tales
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 16:45:11 »
That was... interesting. Quite fun, actually.
I liked especially
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 22:42:09 »
Wow, gigantic. Very poignant, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 22:47:00 by Teper »

Offline saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 23:20:12 »
I really like this level. It seems so random yet oddly connected.
Also, I love that piano song. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to play parts of that at a recital?

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 01:34:47 »
How much difference is there between playing it in KS and KSA? I'd like to play it in KSA, but my KSA seems to be dying (buggy as hell and deteriorating), so I'd prefer stable KS... but only if the look of the level won't suffer  too much.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 01:50:14 »
Interesting.. That is all.
Lurk more.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:27:24 »
i liked this a lot! obviously you need to form some sort of storyline, hopefully one that allows you to use all of these tile sets and environments :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Diago

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 15:21:15 »

How much difference is there between playing it in KS and KSA? I'd like to play it in KSA, but my KSA seems to be dying (buggy as hell and deteriorating), so I'd prefer stable KS... but only if the look of the level won't suffer  too much.

The difference between KS and KSA is purely cosmetic, but not to the degree that it would ruin your experience without it. Kind of like playing a game with and without AGEIA physX.

I really like this level. It seems so random yet oddly connected.
Also, I love that piano song. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to play parts of that at a recital?

By all means, please do! I was visiting my mom during the winter holidays when I recorded the song on my eeepc. Basically that means no copyright whatsoever (and explains the bad quality!).

Fun level. I love the custom objects. Can you publish the co's?

I suppose I could zip it, upload it, and provide a link. But, isn't the custom objects already available in the "Worlds/Diago - Tales of Tales" directory? Consider this as my personal stamp of approval on using whatever content you like. While you're at it, try out my first time tilesets and OC's in "Oil".

Offline UberLoser

• ~I have no existence~
    • View Profile
    • ~My art~
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:43 »
The level was interesting, to say the least, but I really found little to no connection between the differant 'scenes'. Not to mention that for some of the scenes, particularly the pitch black parts, I was running around with no rhythm or reason. I was hopping to stumble upon a hole, which I did, but that was it.

It wasn't necessarily a 'bad' experience, but I honestly didn't get much outta it.

PS~ This is my first post on this forum. I was wondering if there is a thread for new people or something. I shall continue to search for one, but if you could provide a link to it here, or in a private message, that would help greatly. :)

Offline JNB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 00:45:22 »
One thing you do especially well is the moods of the different parts of the level, perhaps best in the graveyard and the city. (I don't need a spoiler tag for that, do I? I am also quite new here, so forgive me if I am wrong.)

As for the abrupt shifts in scenario, that was new and exciting.. At least how it was done here. How about treating the idea more as an concept than as an easy solution?

I really like this level, and would love to see what would come of this project if you developed it further.

Offline ErSorro

• void main ()
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 11:48:23 »
Funny level, I like it so much!!
Don't worry, they're only four raindrops... - Noah