Muffy's Adventure (plaform game)

• 2 Replies

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
Muffy's Adventure (plaform game)
« on: February 23, 2013, 21:02:05 »
Hi,
On grammar school, where I study, we have programming classes. I had to make some program as the end of year work again (like my last year's Mastermind). I choosed a game again. I remembered playing some games like Happyland Adventures or Knytt Stories, so I decided to make a side-scrolling platformer.

Because we are programming in Object Pacsal in Delphi 7, which is not very suitable for making games, I coded plenty of things myself and I used just DirectX DelphiX components for drawing. I had no experience in programing games -  I just used GameMaker for a while, so it was really hard and I spend a half of year on it...

The game is still not finished and it has many bugs.
But please, write me, what do you think about it.

Download
Keys: arrows to move, space to jump (double press to double jump) enter to select

I used the same graphic as the author of Happyland Adventures - the spritelib graphic library. The music is form some Game maker's resoruce pack.

If you like it, you can make some levels, because I have no time to design more...

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 21:04:01 by Comhon »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: Muffy's Adventure (plaform game)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 22:02:11 »
It worked fine for me, both editor and game. I liked way how the character moves and so on. But I did not figured out how to turn off the music in the game. Also, I know, that the game is easy, but I would appreciate more lifes. And the url for graphics does not work.
Anyway, I like your game.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Muffy's Adventure (platform game)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:03 »
I just got around to playing this. Pretty admirable work for a grammar school student. It's unforgiving, but the controls are tight. I didn't realize I could double jump. That probably would have made things easier. I quit after level 3 or 4. Jumping about collecting stuff wasn't compelling, but I was in the mood to play a JRGP when I stumbled across this on my hard drive, so it's no wonder I found it unsatisfying despite all the food. :P