Level Editing Help Please!

• 22 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset Problem!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 06:28:44 »
For the Ambiance: Are you making a sub-folder in the folder for your world called Ambiance and putting the ambiance there? Be sure you name your custom ambiance Ambi# (# is a number between 1 and 255.) I had the same problem.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:18 »
Could you tell us some more about the ambiance file you're using? It must be a .ogg, must be named in the format Ambi23.ogg, and must be in a folder within your KS level's folder named Ambiance.

As for the + button, it puts out grid lines from your cursor; with this, you can line your cursor up with something on the top of the screen, only your cursor remains on the bottom, so that you can go a screen up and already have your bottom tile aligned.

Hmm...I think I explained that + button poorly. >.>

Offline Londeea

• Wahoo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:03:48 »
For the Ambiance: Are you making a sub-folder in the folder for your world called Ambiance and putting the ambiance there? Be sure you name your custom ambiance Ambi# (# is a number between 1 and 255.) I had the same problem.

That is what I'm doing... hm, maybe I should redo it.

Could you tell us some more about the ambiance file you're using? It must be a .ogg, must be named in the format Ambi23.ogg, and must be in a folder within your KS level's folder named Ambiance.

As for the + button, it puts out grid lines from your cursor; with this, you can line your cursor up with something on the top of the screen, only your cursor remains on the bottom, so that you can go a screen up and already have your bottom tile aligned.

Hmm...I think I explained that + button poorly. >.>

For that 1st paragraph, yes they are .ogg files. As for the Ambi23.ogg format... so it can't be 21 or 22? It has to be 23 and above?

For that 2nd paragraph, I think you did explain it a little poorly... I can't really understand most of it.
If I did say anything, who would it affect?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:25:27 »
May I request that you start new topics for new questions you have? People with the same questions will never be able to find it because the title says tileset problem.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 09:45:16 »
Or, rather, edit the first post to say "Help with creating a level" or something to that effect.

Also, the ambiance files don't need to be 23 and up, but ambiance slots 1-22 are already filled with the default ambiance, so you'd be overwriting that.

Offline Londeea

• Wahoo!
    • View Profile
Re: Level Editing Help Please!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:07 »
OK... I renamed the topic!

EDIT: Weirdly, tileset ain't showing...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:42:41 by Londeea »
If I did say anything, who would it affect?

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 16:53:17 »
If you have any questions about the level editor, you should read this.
Also, I think there was a rule about not posting new questions in old topics, but I'm too lazy to check, let alone report it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 17:49:35 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 17:02:23 »
It seems you have a lot of questions, I suggest reading SiamJai's Unofficial Manual, as Razzorman suggested.

Remember, custom content doesn't go in the "/Data" folder, it goes in "/Worlds/Level name here/" and then in a folder named Tilesets, Ambiance, Gradients, Custom Objects or Music, depending on what it is. (if they don't exist, just make them) The naming scheme should be the same as the ones used in the Data folder.

The '+' is a guide to help you see the tile you are working on better, and the position compared to other things. Very helpful.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 17:04:28 by BloxMaster »