Frozen Mountain 2 - The Return

• 170 Replies

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
Re: Frozen Mountain 2 - The Return
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 20:41:56 »
I'm not anymore. I'm still trying to get through the level. (Not difficulty, but layout.)

On an unrelated topic, 1000th view! Yay!
finished already ? :)

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 02:19:04 »
I'm so pissed. I downloaded an earlier version. WITHOUT PUMPKINBOT. Waaaah!! T-T

EDIT: Oh yeah. I am made of win.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:35:28 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 05:06:07 »
THREE WORDS: MADE OF WIN!
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2009, 15:51:36 »
I'm so pissed. I downloaded an earlier version. WITHOUT PUMPKINBOT. Waaaah!! T-T

:awsum: I givez u a :hiddenstar:.
Also, I don't see why everyone thinks this level is the bes thing EVAR. It' pretty cool, but it changes styles alot, and rather quick. Like the first screen and the chimney area. The screens to the left and right of the starting screen have classic Knytt-esque tilesets and then the more realistic background. Not a fan of that. :/

Sorry for that minor rant, but other than that, it's great! :crazy:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2009, 20:35:11 »

:awsum: I givez u a :hiddenstar:.
Also, I don't see why everyone thinks this level is the bes thing EVAR. It' pretty cool, but it changes styles alot, and rather quick. Like the first screen and the chimney area. The screens to the left and right of the starting screen have classic Knytt-esque tilesets and then the more realistic background. Not a fan of that. :/

Sorry for that minor rant, but other than that, it's great! :crazy:
ha, first critic !
Thanks a lot for it :)
I agree that styles are changing perhaps too fast to give player opportunity to enjoy it and feel it deeper, on the other side, no area is boring, beacsue there is still something new.
Realistic / knytt tilesets and background - well thats specific for each player, my oppinion is that this mix of real background with knytt one is nice sometimes, thats all :)

Thanks again

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 11:30:47 »

Contgrat, you have made it :D  Pumps are best ;)

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2009, 01:42:05 »
THREE WORDS: MADE OF WIN!
FIVE WORDS, THAT'S FIVE WORDS.
Lurk more.

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 11:38:07 »

Offline Maxx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 02:09:10 »
Just finished it- it took much more than a hour! Excellent job. While it's not extraordinary, in my opinion, it was awesome to play and very fun. Sometimes I felt lost, especially near the end (I skipped the boss without doing anything weird?) but that's part of the Knytt levels, so it was all justified in the end. Generally, it was fun to play and it defiently shows the time and work you put into it.

Although I must be frank, the grammar is atrocious and whoever checked it did not do a good job.

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 19:52:45 »
Just finished it- it took much more than a hour! Excellent job. While it's not extraordinary, in my opinion, it was awesome to play and very fun. Sometimes I felt lost, especially near the end (I skipped the boss without doing anything weird?) but that's part of the Knytt levels, so it was all justified in the end. Generally, it was fun to play and it defiently shows the time and work you put into it.

Although I must be frank, the grammar is atrocious and whoever checked it did not do a good job.
thanks, absolutely agreed !

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 20:23:37 »
This is one of the levels I revisit from time to time. Never get tired of it. I remember when you first released it, some of the comments were constructive both positively and negatively. Although some didn't like players names associated with the cats, I found it fun and of course gratifying to find my own.

In Drakkans defensive of poor grammar, English is not his first language but it's all totally understandable. Others are so off the mark that even though I know it's English it's very difficult to decipher. I always appreciate a good attempt at the language as it's the only one I am fluent in; as it's my mother tongue.

A few level makers post levels in their own native tongue and although playable I can't follow the story line. There have a been a couple by a French person that were totally beyond my comprehension.

Thanks to all level makers who's first language is not English but do a good job with it!

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:30 »
A few level makers post levels in their own native tongue and although playable I can't follow the story line. There have a been a couple by a French person that were totally beyond my comprehension.
I thought those levels were great. It doesn't really matter what the dialogue is like, anyway.
Lurk more.

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:11 »
my thoughts, being the first time i actually finished this  :O

it seems like i stand alone here, but i'm not overly impressed with this. it's got good use of COs and such, but it has no flow to it. the tilesets are all over the place, going immediately from realistic to meh, and many of the scenes just look lazy and messy.
there was obviously a lot of work put into this, but it seems like that work went into how big it was (quantity over quality). and this is partly my ignorance, but i couldn't really tell when (or if) any of the tilesets were custom, as it seemed like i'd seen them all before.

now for the plus; it was very big, and there was a lot to see (i've still only seen part). it's impressive to see that just one person did this. the music was great. the challenge was just right.

still, when levels become this big (i'm looking at you, Gaia), quality becomes sacrificed for quantity. however, as this level's popularity suggests, quantity is great for many people; i guess it's just not my taste.

this level is definitely quite the achievement though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:01:14 by StaticRomantic »

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2009, 23:44:39 »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY  8D 8D 8D :D :D :D :crazy: :crazy: <3

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 01:24:03 »
it seems like i stand alone here, but i'm not overly impressed with this. it's got good use of COs and such, but it has no flow to it. the tilesets are all over the place, going immediately from realistic to meh, and many of the scenes just look lazy and messy.
there was obviously a lot of work put into this, but it seems like that work went into how big it was (quantity over quality). and this is partly my ignorance, but i couldn't really tell when (or if) any of the tilesets were custom, as it seemed like i'd seen them all before.

You don't stand alone I agree with all of this. (I'm not going to copy-paste my detailed review from the old forum, though.)
good bye