• 115 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 6 - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 17:33:53 »
I'm kinda defending Salmoneous, yes.
[...]
So let me get this clear: Do you think there is a greater than normal chance that Salmoneous is town in this game? Are you defending the notion that we shouldn't lynch him, attacking the notion that we should, neither or both?

If you try to get something out of him, you are wasting your time.
Which is an adequately good reason to lynch him.

Your FoS on Razzorman also is dubious. You dole out a FoS for much less reason than Razzorman did.
Although this is a subjective statement, I think it can be seen that Salmoneous post (his reaction to the vote on himself) was an overreaction and not a defense. He resorted to exclamation marks, demagoguery and absolute statements which constitute overreacting and not reasoned defending.
The statement 'Salmoneous always behaves like this' has value only if the said typical behaviour was suspicious, in which case you could have a thing about it. If said typical behaviour is just being standoffish in D1 discussions, then it means just that. And that is a reason to go for a lynch.

Limelemon has left two questions by Budja unanswered.
Anyway.

Dataflashsabot

If you have something better to base your vote/FoS off of, I hope you brought enough for the rest of the class do enlighten me.
This mindset for placing votes is questionable.
Does one place one's vote on the person who is most suspicious at the time and wait passively for more information to materialise, and when that time comes (if it does) just vote-hop?
Obviously, I'm taking that little stump and the beginning of the graph and projecting it way too long, but you know, it felt like it needed pointing out.

@ Salmonaeous, do you really think zetta is mafia?

Not wanting to sound like a mouthpiece for Salmoneous as I do, had he wanted to be as serious about his accusations as he seems, Salmoneous would have voted for Zetta already.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 17:46:54 »
As LimeLemon points out, Salmoneous seems to always behave this way regardless of alignment, but as you point out, that impenetrableness/unhelpfulness may be a good reason to lynch. I dunno. I'm holding off on a vote or even FOS for now, there's very little to go on.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 17:53:00 »
But you are ignoring the fact that Lunar voted you completely out of the blue?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 18:27:08 »
Just another random vote. What is there to say about it?

Offline Zetta

• You're out of your vector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 21:59:32 »
This mindset for placing votes is questionable.
Does one place one's vote on the person who is most suspicious at the time and wait passively for more information to materialise, and when that time comes (if it does) just vote-hop?
Obviously, I'm taking that little stump and the beginning of the graph and projecting it way too long, but you know, it felt like it needed pointing out.
Questionable? Certainly! This is still day one. I was primarily just trying to get discussion started.

That being said, the way he's reacted to the vote combined with the logs of past games has only made me more sure of my vote. I'm positive* that I'm onto something now.

*For extremely small values of positive.
If I sound like I know what I'm talking about, you probably misread my post.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 04:30:05 »
Quote from: Zetta
That being said, the way he's reacted to the vote combined with the logs of past games has only made me more sure of my vote. I'm positive* that I'm onto something now.

His previous games show this is not unusual behaviour for him. It doesn't excuse his behaviour but how does it make you more sure?

@shawnachu, going to post soon? Why so silent?

Quote from: Lunar
Correct, I am especially interested in your (LimeLemon's) opinion of Razzorman.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 15:51:43 »
Quote from: Lunar
Correct, I am especially interested in your (LimeLemon's) opinion of Razzorman.
I don't find anyone suspicious, except for Zetta maybe, but just a little.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Zetta

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 21:42:24 »
His previous games show this is not unusual behaviour for him. It doesn't excuse his behaviour but how does it make you more sure?
You've answered your own question. His behavior makes me more sure that my vote is a good one this early on. If it's his policy to be a , then that deserves a vote, regardless of whether or not he's mafia.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 03:17:48 »
Quote from: Zetta
If it's his policy to be a ⑨, then that deserves a vote, regardless of whether or not he's mafia.
His behaviour is usual for him. I'm not a great believer is meta arguments but I still think his actions are null by his own standards.
(@Salmon, take the hint and lift your game)

vote: Shawnachu

Quote from: Limelemon
I don't find anyone suspicious, except for Zetta maybe, but just a little.
1. Why Zetta?
2. Then why did you say Razz was suspicious?

Offline Zetta

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 03:29:37 »
1. Why Zetta?
2. Then why did you say Razz was suspicious?
I find it suspicious that you're defending me so much. You might be trying to get a rep as a townie by defending innocent people! How insidiously eeeevil.

FoS: Budja

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 03:36:23 »
Mwahaha... :P

My aim is not to defend you as such but rather to determine Limelemons reasons. I want to know why you are suspicious in his eyes. I dislike suspicions which are left as unexplained as this.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 03:36:51 »
That should read, "such as this.".

Offline Zetta

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 09:39:29 »
My aim is not to defend you as such but rather to determine Limelemons reasons. I want to know why you are suspicious in his eyes. I dislike suspicions which are left as unexplained as this.
But clearly only a mafia member would use another person as his tool like that!

See, I've done this before. :P

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 10:12:41 »
I am questioning Limelemon's suspicion of you as he has given no reasoning for it and shown no real sign of suspicion before his last post.

Is that action/questioning scummy? I think not.