Third party Pack 2

• 2 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Third party Pack 2
« on: September 06, 2009, 18:58:31 »
I wonder when nifflas will make Third party pack 2. Pick the top five games that deserve to be in this. I think...
- Infestation v1.1
- Return to the Luminous city
- Dark Sky of Wish mountain
- Frozen Mountain
- Colors

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: Third party Pack 2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 19:18:10 »
This is completely and utterly in the wrong subforum, but since this is what is often referred to as back-seat moderating (which, incidentally, is a silly rule to have for fairly straightforward reasons; surely it is in one's best interest to be notified when they break the rules, and having said notification come from a participating "ordinary" member of the forum surely speaks better for the rules' actual significance than does the cold, faceless, routine notification from a moderator, although, on the other hand, it has the potential to provoke a largely useless discussion about the rules' applicability, which is probably highly undesirable), I will continue posting what I originally intended to:

There will never be a second official third party level pack, ever.  One was compiled after an unnecessarily lengthy procedure including nominations and surprisingly heated discussion, followed by voting and more of said discussion.  But after it was compiled, it was never acted upon.  That little collection of somewhat presentable levels that somehow took months to select simply sat there and was completely and utterly forgotten.
We don't need a second third party level pack.  I'm not even sure if we needed the first one - as far as I know, it only existed to encourage people to download more levels from the forums.  (Given how all the levels in it were frankly quite mediocre, it probably wasn't especially effective at that, though I suppose a newbie to the game would be satisfied enough with them.  And it isn't like there was a single level available at that time that was actually good.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Third party Pack 2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 20:48:33 »
This certainly is not the right place. I'm going to lock the topic, and discuss with the other staff members what to do with this.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex