Confused about userbars

• 3 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Confused about userbars
« on: July 24, 2009, 16:18:00 »
Okay, so, firstly, I'm a total newbie to gaming forums, so please forgive me if I don't know the customs and culture.

Now; I recently got two userbars for having found secrets and, when I asked what I should do with them, was told to stick them between img tags in my sig. Which I did, until, err, yesterday or so when I decided they made me feel silly (because what do you do once you have a bunch of them? Stick them all in there, causing your posts to have a kind of colourful, slow-to-load rat's tail? Etc.) So I removed them.

So, today I got curious about why people had spoiler tags in their sigs, and checked one out; it happened to be Salmoneus's. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it said "I won't spoil anything for you", with the 'you' linking back to my profile... (Note to Salmoneus: this is a *very* oblique way of telling a newbie she's doing something wrong. I might never have noticed! If I was really considered to be spoiling people, why didn't somebody tell me so much sooner, and openly, instead of letting me go on doing it for weeks? I would have removed the bars immediately.)

So - even though I'm not particularly tempted to put userbars back in my sig anyway - just to clear this up: am I getting Salmoneus right, and this really refers to the two userbars I had in my sig? It seems odd to make a fancy graphic and give it to people only for them to hide it between spoiler tags... Also, the mere *existence* of a secret doesn't seem much of a spoiler to me, but maybe I'm odd. As I said: newbie here. :-)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about userbars
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 16:30:23 »
Its actually possible to get a link to go to the profile page of whoever clicks it, like this.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?action=profile]text for link[/url]
The thing in salmoneous sig is really just a joke to mess with people's heads a little.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 16:32:49 »
Oh. Ooookay. Well, it did a great job of messing with *my* head! :D

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 22:41:42 »
Thought I'd point out it links to the same place as
Lurk more.