How do you justify Juni's respawning?

• 46 Replies
Re: How do you justify Juni's respawning?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 01:53:53 »
I have another theory. When the character saves, a white light puffs up, which causes an all-mighty being to sneeze out a knytt bodies right onto the save. Then, when Juni dies, her soul flies out in what looks like smoke and heads to the last savepoint. There, it enters the empty knytt body and takes on new life.
Lurk more.

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 09:50:52 »
 My theory is that the world is actually the character you play as, and you move around Juni, but every time you accidentally move her into a place where she dies, you silently perform catholic penance until our lord Jesus Christ resurrects her and reverses time.

These powers are explained in the Bible somewhere, I'm sure of it.
http://jerkdouglas.deviantart.com
 Hit the gallery and you'll find the concept directory for my game.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 13:50:32 »
My theory is that the world is actually the character you play as, and you move around Juni, but every time you accidentally move her into a place where she dies, you silently perform catholic penance until our lord Jesus Christ resurrects her and reverses time.
O_o lolwut
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 08:21:07 »
A lot like one of my theories.. until the religion jumped in. O_o

It's a game.
That's the only reason the player needs.
It's fun to come up with bizarre theories!
Lurk more.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 21:25:09 »
It's fun to come up with bizarre theories!

Theory? No.
If they are not theories, then what are they? Hypotheses?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 21:36:58 »
Basically its a theory. The definition of theory is wide though. One of it is speculation. This is speculation.

the⋅o⋅ry 
–noun, plural -ries.
1.   a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
2.   a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
3.   Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
4.   the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
5.   a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.
6.   contemplation or speculation.
7.   guess or conjecture.

Bold applies to what is being done here.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 05:20:45 »
I would say its like in Super Mario Galaxy, but with Knytts. If Juni dies, she turns into clouds, right? Well, i would say that those clouds eventually will gather in the point where you last saved, where they will form a new Knytt, so the cycle of Knytt life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in the same way.

Unless I happen to be behind the wheel. Poor juni's hit water without so much as an attempted jump more times than I care to count. run-run-run-oh-that-was-the screen-with-the-lake-repeat

Anyways...hmm. I think I'll say it's like the yeti in Discword. Juni can, if she recognizes a situation that may go pear-shaped, save her timeline up to that point, but it takes a lot of concentration so she can only do it at certain points. Then, when she goes poof, rewind, start again with some interesting memories of those spike traps.

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 21:06:45 »
I don't rationalize it at all; to me, that's just what knytts do when they die of anything but old age.

I use Juni in an RP forum, and that is the exact same reasoning I use: Knytts have a Fairy aspect that prevents them from dying save from age, and they respawn if killed.

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 04:26:03 »
Juni is secretly Sean Connery in disguise, and therefore cannot die.

My logic is undeniable. 'Nuff said.

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline Skasi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 21:08:47 »
Honestly,
I think that the save points are portals to hell. Now we all know, that Juni is a demoniac little girl, since she kills everything on sight! And.. the rest is pure logic!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:57 »
Honestly,
I think that the save points are portals to hell. Now we all know, that Juni is a demoniac little girl, since she kills everything on sight! And.. the rest is pure logic!
Juni rarely kills anything. She can't fight at all. X3

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:43 »
The irony is that Juni can't kill something 10 pixels high, but she defeats bosses on a semi-regular basis.
Lurk more.

Offline Skasi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 13:41:07 »

Yes she does! She is the ultimate evil killer machine!