How do you justify Juni's respawning?

• 46 Replies
Re: How do you justify Juni's respawning?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 01:27:13 »
De-tect-or
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 05:15:03 »
De-tect-or
Oh, sorry. Still, it wouldn't do any good:
This, but note these details: The KOT (Knytt Office of Teleportation) only permits teleportation to specific co-ordinates, which they mark with glowing beacons; also, since the space required to store the co-ordinates of each atom is huge, the device can only hold one set at a time, which it updates if Juni presses a button while near a beacon.
Not to mention that I think the button's on the device itself.

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 05:24:53 »
Oh, anyone can push a button with a well aimed detector toss.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 06:12:59 »
Actually, maybe the teleporter is in Juni's clothes, and must be above one of the beacons in order to activate the button.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 21:09:05 »
I would say its like in Super Mario Galaxy, but with Knytts. If Juni dies, she turns into clouds, right? Well, i would say that those clouds eventually will gather in the point where you last saved, where they will form a new Knytt, so the cycle of Knytt life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in the same way.
i think i like googs idea, very... quntum mechanically inclined XD

String theory ftw!!

I was thinking juni could just imagine how she could die in the future and then wakes up from a slightly uncomfortable dream X-P
My answer is similar to goog's. Juni never dies. EVER. If she hits water, or enemies, pah. That didn't really happen. It's all an illusion. Juni's still back at the last savepoint. You were watching a video of what's stupid, and you shouldn't do.

Why dontcha talk about these?

They can be true...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 21:12:01 by StraightFlame »

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 22:17:21 »
Yeah I meant a button on the device itself.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 01:56:57 »
I don't feel a need to justify Juni's respawning.

...but if I had to justify it, I'd say that every time Juni saves, her personal timeline splits, and the player follows one of the splitting paths. If she dies on this path, the player's perspective flashes back to the fork and follows another one of the paths- a path wherein Juni may or may not die.
Time-travel. Best explanation EVAR.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 09:40:44 »
I agree. But
I would say its like in Super Mario Galaxy, but with Knytts. If Juni dies, she turns into clouds, right? Well, i would say that those clouds eventually will gather in the point where you last saved, where they will form a new Knytt, so the cycle of Knytt life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in the same way.
is more epic. Lol

WTF???
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:30 »
Actually, maybe the teleporter is in Juni's clothes, and must be above one of the beacons in order to activate the button.
And this is just... I cant exactly quote it, but Zetta said the water doesnt hurt Juni.
And that the thingy teleports her away from it so she doesnt get stranded without it.
How can she get stranded without it if it is attached to her clothing? Or is my definition of 'stranding' incorrect?

No one will read this sentence...
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:39 »
Or maybe it is just my definition of 'getting stranded without some futuristic device'?

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 11:09:02 »
How about this: KS is a game. When you die, the game puts you back at the last save point that you saved.
Nah, nobody would buy that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:29:03 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 13:39:21 »
And this is just... I cant exactly quote it, but Zetta said the water doesnt hurt Juni.
And that the thingy teleports her away from it so she doesnt get stranded without it.
How can she get stranded without it if it is attached to her clothing? Or is my definition of 'stranding' incorrect?

The device is sensitive to water, as has been explained, and would be destroyed if it got damp, so it protects itself by triggering if Juni is about to get wet (rain is okay though). She probably just carries it in her pocket or something, it doesn't really matter. It has an 'update' button on its side, which when pressed wirelessly downloads the coordinates from the nearest beacon. It only works at a VERY short range though, due to the bandwidth required to transfer all the data and the risk of data corruption at longer ranges.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 13:41:24 by Dataflashsabot »

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 17:42:44 »
Juni has magic powers.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 18:12:05 »
How about this: KS is a game. When you die, the game puts you back at the last save point that you saved.
Nah, nobody would by that.

It's fun to come up with bizarre theories! XD
I think that when a knytt dies, they just go back to the last save. It's simply a minor
(or major if the level creator didn't put many saves in) annoyance, as it is to us. The complex theories make my head hurt. :P2

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 09:38:16 »
I'm with the future visions. It's just like in the Ted Dekkers book "Blink".