The Never-Ending Story

• 89 Replies

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
The Never-Ending Story
« on: August 27, 2009, 20:20:56 »
This is how this game/story goes. I say a part of the story using 5-6 words and the
user below must then pickup where I left off and use 5-6 words and leave a point where
the user below him/her to pickup. Anything is acceptable, as long as you leave some way for another person to continue.

So to start off...

One day, a girl awoke to...
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: The Never-Ending Story
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 20:40:47 »
This is just like the three word story... It got locked because people were just saying random words like: Lawnmower in fly can power ninjas. (not exactly that of course, the game was a three word story. This is just an example.)
I hope you will at least try to make consistent sentences this time.

find that her cat was missing.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 20:43:17 »
She looked everywhere, but it was

[offtopic]
A 100-150 word chain story would be better. You would post 'dibs' to say you're working on it (so nobody gets beaten by anybody else) then edit to include your part within, say, an hour. That would probably result in more sensible stories.
[/offtopic]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 20:47:20 by Dataflashsabot »

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 21:17:06 »
hiding somewhere in the garden, so

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 22:14:38 »
she went and looked there.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 22:31:55 »
But she didn't know that
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 01:15:29 »
I hope you will at least try to make consistent sentences this time.
Not working.
[offtopic]
A 100-150 word chain story would be better. You would post 'dibs' to say you're working on it (so nobody gets beaten by anybody else) then edit to include your part within, say, an hour. That would probably result in more sensible stories.
[/offtopic]
Agreed.

she would find her cat only
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 01:40:15 »
Guys guys guys.  PLEASE get into the habit of posting the entire story with each post.  While it seems like a pain at first, it will make it so that people can actually READ the story once it reaches a few pages.  Also I'd recommend putting bold tags on the part you add, because it's pretty.

One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:44 »
One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 05:11:11 »

One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it. She climbed mountains, traversed prairies, even
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 05:53:26 »
One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it. She climbed mountains, traversed prairies, even killed an epic moster
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 06:02:54 »
That's only four words, Firecat, if you don't count the doubled "even." I'll just extend yours.

One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it. She climbed mountains, traversed prairies, even killed an epic monster in the
Lurk more.

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 08:09:09 »
One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it. She climbed mountains, traversed prairies, even killed an epic monster in the underworld while searching for her

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 14:58:58 »
One day, a girl awoke to find that her cat was missing.  She looked everywhere, but it was gone.  She thought that it was hiding somewhere in the garden, so she went and looked there.  But she didn't know that she would find her cat only if it wanted to be found. Nevertheless, she kept searching for it. She climbed mountains, traversed prairies, even killed an epic monster in the underworld while searching for her cat but was not there, was
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.