KS- umbrella

• 16 Replies

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
KS- umbrella
« on: August 25, 2009, 13:31:30 »
Hi. I find out something I don know if you know that but when you have umbrella and that flying monsters that throw killing balls on you. When you have umbrella it protect you. Try it.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Re: KS- umbrella
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 16:55:40 »
Hi. I find out something I don know if you know that but when you have umbrella and that flying monsters that throw killing balls on you. When you have umbrella it protect you. Try it.

It pretty much works with any creature's projectile. Even the ghost that dripples goo from the ceiling.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 17:03:25 »
Do note that it will only shield you from projectiles coming on the umbrella. If you have the umbrella and walk into a falling projectile, you still get hurt.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 20:06:27 »
If you have the umbrella and walk into a falling projectile, you still get hurt.

While this is a popular misconception, it is terribly untrue.
Juni, contrary to the thoughts of most, is not actually a Knytt.  She hails from the distant planet Salffin, and visits the worlds of the Knytts for no particular reason.  She merely disguises herself as a Knytt, to avoid arousing suspicion.
It is well-known that the inhabitants of Salffin have very advanced technology, even by the standards of the Eidni galaxy, and Juni exploits much of it in her travels.  One of these is the so-called "Umbrella Shield," a device made of an extremely light but durable material, usually held over one's head to protect them from the hostile acid rain of the planet Salffin.
Other prominent devices include what has been dubbed by many as the "Hologram Machine," and, of course, the short-range teleporter device that automatically activates when its holder is in danger.  Its workings are complicated, but its use is obvious; upon sensing imminent danger, such as a fireball or a pool of water or something, it teleports its holder to the nearest Teleporto-Point?.  Of course, such a device requires a considerable amount of a very special fuel to operate; there are large caches of this fuel present at each Teleporto-Point?.  (It is a good time to mention that Teleporto-Points? are easily identified by the white spotlights placed on top of them, always pointing straight upwards.)
It is one of the less proud aspects of Salffin technology that it does not operate very cleanly.  This can be easily observed; every time a Salffin teleporter operates, huge puffs of polluting smoke are released.

I hope this answers your question.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 18:30:21 »
If you have the umbrella and walk into a falling projectile, you still get hurt.

While this is a popular misconception, it is terribly untrue.
Juni, contrary to the thoughts of most, is not actually a Knytt.  She hails from the distant planet Salffin, and visits the worlds of the Knytts for no particular reason.  She merely disguises herself as a Knytt, to avoid arousing suspicion.
It is well-known that the inhabitants of Salffin have very advanced technology, even by the standards of the Eidni galaxy, and Juni exploits much of it in her travels.  One of these is the so-called "Umbrella Shield," a device made of an extremely light but durable material, usually held over one's head to protect them from the hostile acid rain of the planet Salffin.
Other prominent devices include what has been dubbed by many as the "Hologram Machine," and, of course, the short-range teleporter device that automatically activates when its holder is in danger.  Its workings are complicated, but its use is obvious; upon sensing imminent danger, such as a fireball or a pool of water or something, it teleports its holder to the nearest Teleporto-Point?.  Of course, such a device requires a considerable amount of a very special fuel to operate; there are large caches of this fuel present at each Teleporto-Point?.  (It is a good time to mention that Teleporto-Points? are easily identified by the white spotlights placed on top of them, always pointing straight upwards.)
It is one of the less proud aspects of Salffin technology that it does not operate very cleanly.  This can be easily observed; every time a Salffin teleporter operates, huge puffs of polluting smoke are released.

I hope this answers your question.
That... is... just... STUPID

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 22:35:11 »

That is rather opinionated... I believe it to be a stroke of genius...  ;)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:35 »

That is rather opinionated... I believe it to be a stroke of genius...  ;)
..and randomness. :D
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 23:16:41 »
And getting more off-topic with each post.

Lets get back on-topic.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 17:13:16 »
And getting more off-topic with each post.

Lets get back on-topic.
The TRUE smart guys are LPChip, Miss Paula, and the other mods. I just quoted something LPChip said and im gettin offtopic don't i?

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 18:52:24 »
What can possibly be discussed here that would be on-topic?  Projectiles are destroyed (and Juni protected) when they touch the umbrella.  There is nothing to discuss about that.  But sometimes, it's better to let such threads derail into what hopefully might be a proper discussion.  Unfortunately, given the nature of this forum and its members, that is not possible for three separate reasons which are fairly obvious and probably should not be stated for two separate reasons that should not be stated for a single reason that probably should be stated: I don't want to be labeled as a jackass.

I think I need to lie down now.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 19:31:42 »
now that ya say it...
There IS nothing to discuss about it!

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 19:35:34 »
I remember some projectiles that won't be stopped by the umbrella, don't know which though.

HA! something to discuss

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 19:44:59 »
The only projectiles that the umbrella doesn't stop are those laser things that the inverted drop down enemies shoot.
(I don't want to go through the banks and find out the number, so it'll have to do with this crappy description.)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 01:31:50 »
Fire shooters. *cough*
Lurk more.