Running

• 5 Replies

Offline LouisF

• View Profile
Running
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:34:27 »
Hi everyone. I browsed quickly through the topics, but none seemed to address my little problem: I don't want my character to be able to run from the beginning, yet she keeps doing it even though the start position is set with the red ball ticked off. How do I fix that?

Thanks and sorry for the hassle!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Running
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 03:35:50 »
Are you testing the level or actually running it from KS itself? Because when you select test, there's a separate little set of icons that you have to check to determine which powerups you begin the test with, and run is on by default.
good bye

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:58:57 »
To set starting power-ups, you must select "Set start pos" click the ones you want to toggle, and place the character. (Note: If you don't click somewhere on screen to set the starting position, your power-ups won't be saved.)
Lurk more.

Offline LouisF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:55:18 »
I click "Set Start Pos", uncheck every box (I check them all, then uncheck them again), select a new starting position (just to be sure), save, run Knytt Stories, load my level... and find my character still running.

HOWEVER, when testing the level from within the editor, the set-up works as expected. Every other modification to the level registers correctly.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 06:01:05 »
I click "Set Start Pos", uncheck every box (I check them all, then uncheck them again), select a new starting position (just to be sure), save, run Knytt Stories, load my level... and find my character still running.
Were you running from a previous save? Did you make sure to set a new start position without run power-up checked?

HOWEVER, when testing the level from within the editor, the set-up works as expected. Every other modification to the level registers correctly.
Are you testing the level or actually running it from KS itself? Because when you select test, there's a separate little set of icons that you have to check to determine which powerups you begin the test with, and run is on by default.
Lurk more.

Offline LouisF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:36 »
You were right about that, I didn't think about it! Thank you very much, now I've got my (first) level like I want to.