[Something/Fighting] My Brute

• 13 Replies

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
[Something/Fighting] My Brute
« on: August 23, 2009, 16:14:04 »
My Brute is a online flash game where you create your own "Brute" and fight other players Brutes, level up, gain new abilities and weapons and such. You can also compete in the daily tournaments.
It's not hard to play since all fights are automatic, but it's not as luck based as you think, because you need some skill to know which Brutes to challenge, so you can win over the losers. :crazy:
It's a pretty simple but fun game. I should also mention that you have a set number of fights every day. I think that's good because otherwise people would level way too fast, and it would also get boring pretty fast.

So, it's a pretty fun game to waste a couple of minutes on every day.

And yes, the link is a ref link. Use it or die. :shifty:

And I have also made a video of when I pwn a random guy.

And, lastly, the game is completely 100% free but there are pretty much ads.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: [Something/Fighting] My Brute
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 17:18:53 »
I don't get it. Why play a game that deliberately stops you from playing it? Where is the fun in that?
Also, there isn't much "gameplay", per see. You go through the menues, the game plays a short fighting animation, and you are done. :/
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 18:18:51 »
It is fun, but i can't beleive you only get 3 fights per day... :/

Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 19:33:34 »
Well, in that vid I was super lucky...
Also, they give you pretty much handicap in the fight against your referrer (but it doesn't matter if you win or lose anyway).

EDIT: Also, Mathexpert, your brute is the ownage. You got one of the best weps in the start, then a nice boost of both defense and hp. If you get a wolf or a bear, you're unstoppable.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 19:38:53 by LimeLemon »

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 13:35:02 »
I don't know what the hell they were thinking about 3 fights a day. If it is like that they must be... I cant get how they could come up with such a stupid thing. Everybody should be able to play as many fights as you want. People that make this idiot stuff up should not be allowed to create games.

There is no gameplay, why can't you not do anything during the fights? You have no control over your character so you don't have to take action in any way, which imo makes this a failure instead of a game.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 13:53:10 »
They were thinking that because it's kinda addictive you would come back every day to "play" that 3 fights. And since the site is full of ads for their ohter games, which aren't completely free, they would brainwash you slow but effective. I mean, if you see the same ad again and again every day... yea.

Another reason is because then you can only get a maximum of 6 xp (2 per fight won) every day, and to get more you have to refer other people they can brainwash. Like I am doing with this topic.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 13:54:48 by LimeLemon »

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 18:18:48 »
If you had AdBlock Plus firefox add-on(free) you could always block the ads... (right click ad- click AdBlock Image)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 18:22:59 by Mathexpert »

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 01:33:36 »
savvides.mybrute.com

I know it's a dumb game because the only skill there is is picking your fights, and even that's not exactly hard. But I find it an oddly satisfying game to play.

Perhaps it's something to do with this.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 05:00:55 »
meh. the three-a-day fights makes it kind of pointless. since it's on the iphone, it seems made for that, using the same formula all other iphone "MMORPG" games use. which is alright for the iphone, since you really only play it to kill 3 minutes or so when youre waiting in the ATM line or on the toilet (dont lie, you know you do). but on the PC its kind of pointless

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:49 »
EDIT: Also, Mathexpert, your brute is the ownage. You got one of the best weps in the start, then a nice boost of both defense and hp. If you get a wolf or a bear, you're unstoppable.

thanks! :) how do you get a wolf or bear? I have seen other people with it, but how do you get it?

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 06:55:07 »
thanks! :) how do you get a wolf or bear? I have seen other people with it, but how do you get it?
I think pretty much everything in this game is random.
Lurk more.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 07:07:14 »
ah... okay, that is something I am willing to accept. :P (<--- reference to Raocow, the lp'er)

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:35 »
Mathexpert... wow. I see you got to level 6, and got a shield! Shield+extra thick skin+vitality=Almost invincible!!!
Your weapons is also a nice addition (especially the club), and as I said before the only thing you really need is an animal.