Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 08:47:22 »
The day ended about 12 hours ago, yes.

The people of nifftown suspects Salmoneous for being a memmber of the mafia, and takes him to the guillotine.

Salmoneous, Townie, lynchyed day 1.

Night 1 will begin now... but is there really a need for a time limit? Let's say 72 hours, just for the lulz.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2009, 09:39:13 »
I have recieved all actions, so Night 1 is over.
One thing that surprised me was that the Mafia sent me a detailed text explaining how they killed their victim. That wasn't specified in the rules, but I remember that we did so in the first mafia(s). So let's continue with it!
The text was as following:

As a citizen of Nifftown sits quietly dining in peace, a shadow from the streets slips into the house. All is silent for the citizen, as his death, unbeknownst to him, approaches. He leaves to relieve himself, and while he is gone, the shadow slips some poison into his drink. Then, the shadow is gone in a flash, without anyone ever knowing it was there. As the citizen drinks, he begins to choke, then cough up blood. Slowly, he dies. He tries to make it to the hospital, but doesn't even make it to his door. The next morning, his body was found, drowning in a pool of blood. Upon investigation, a note is found, one that says:
Fools. Purple Pineapple was on to me. I'm sure of it. What you may have thought was the ravings of a mad man was, in fact, correct. He knew who I was, though he was careful to not reveal it. I'm positive he was onto me. Just you wait. You'll all die one day... one day soon

[My edit:] Purple Pineapple, Townie, killed night 1.

Day 2 will begin now. And since day 1's discussion ended after 5 days, I see no reason to let this day have a higher limit than that.
Day 2 will end in 120 hours.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 15:02:18 »
OK, I am properly back now as of 1/2 hr ago.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of any conversation in the final days. Where were you Lunar?

We are in possible LyLo. (Unless the next kill is blocked, the mafia win).

Anyway so, if cop has guilty then cop claims. I think everyone can agree with this.
if not, I believe a mass claim is the best option to narrow down our lynch choices.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2009, 15:23:50 »
I am a bit surprised at the lack of any conversation in the final days. Where were you Lunar?).

He said he was going away from 26-28 (and would have no internet access at all), but that only covers the last day.
He's probably coming back today or tomorrow.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 16:10:41 »
I wasn't killed last night, :D.

Anyway so, if cop has guilty then cop claims. I think everyone can agree with this
Seconded.
Also, if the cop sees were moving towards a lynch of a townie obviously he should come out and say it.

I think that the text given to us should be taken about as seriously into account as the colour of the next turnip I remove from my arse. All this about PP 'being on the right track' is about as reliable as Channel 4.

However, its execution intrigues.
I posit that the writer is someone who has a good grasp of the English language, although xhe seems somewhat, drama-ey. If anyone spots any spellings linked to either American or English English ought to point them out. That comma use is interesting.
First vibe is Bored2death, then perhaps Dataflashsabot for the author.

Then, the shadow is gone in a flash,
lol

I haven't got a single read, and wouldn't be comfortable with any lynch. Although since its pretty much LyLo, if I were forced to lynch at this point I would vote... hm. I don't know. Razzor seemed himself D1. So did Bored even though his usual self isn't quite perfect town. Shawn is quiet.
Basically D1 inactivity leaves me without a clear path, and since we're pretty much at the end of the game... eh. I think I was suspicious of Budja, it was like a week ago though. So the mafia gained hugely by the hiatus.
I'd try my luck, seriously, by voting Bored out.

Since we lose if two more kills are made, it seems logical that for now, we strive to the goal that we don't lynch anyone D2. It definitely is an easier target than lynching mafia. Although lynching is a very important tool, I feel, in this case, that we would be foolish to vote without certainty. So I think our D2 tactic should be to stir up a good discussion and see where it takes us, but be extra --

Yeah.

Wait, Salmoneous was lynched because day 1 ended, right? Not because he got 4 votes or whatever?

I'm also pretty sure that the seer saw PP last night. I seriously doubt we will be getting anything from him today.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 16:41:53 »
Since we lose if two more kills are made, it seems logical that for now, we strive to the goal that we don't lynch anyone D2.
If no one votes, a random person will be lynched.

Wait, Salmoneous was lynched because day 1 ended, right? Not because he got 4 votes or whatever?
Salmoneous only had 3 votes. 50%< votes (5=< in that case) are required for a lynch. However, he had the most votes when the time limit was reached.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 16:43:07 »
If no one votes, a random person will be lynched.

Oh shuttlecocks.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2009, 16:48:50 »
Because, I mean, this game is about voting and discussing.

However, I'm not sure what to do if e.g. two persons have 50% votes each. I wrote that one would be selected randomly in the rules, but I'm not sure it's such a good idea. Maybe extend the time limit, double lynch or no lynch?

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2009, 17:09:48 »
Today isn't as LyLo as you think Budja.
The goal for the bad citizens is to kill the good ones. When only the bad ones remains, they win!
Or?

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2009, 18:09:01 »
if not, I believe a mass claim is the best option to narrow down our lynch choices.
Why do you want a mass claim even if the investigator didn't find anything?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 19:02:41 »
I'm surprised that PP died... he seemed like he was helping the mafia with his initial randomness. Anyway, my current, very confused thoughts:
Quote from: Unknown

Fools. Purple Pineapple was on to me. I'm sure of it. What you may have thought was the ravings of a mad man was, in fact, correct. He knew who I was, though he was careful to not reveal it. I'm positive he was onto me. Just you wait. You'll all die one day... one day soon

I really don't know what to think of this note. Perhaps the mafia are toying with us, trying to lead the trail to someone Purple Pineapple suspected... which would be me, Mathexpert (who isn't even in the game!), or Lunar. However, it seems to also have been written by someone who was overly paranoid that PP was onto them, or at least trying to LEAD us onto their trails... in which case, we could probably rule out Data for voting, because he was the only one who actually voted for PP, and he did so without much explanation, and he seems to be the one who the note is really trying to get us to lynch, the way it's written. On the other hand, this may be EXACTLY what the mafia WANT us to do. Perhaps Data's a mafia member, who is abusing the fact that someone would point out, the way I did, that we shouldn't trust this note. This is almost like the whole "which comes first, the chicken or the egg" kind of thing. We don't really know whom to vote... either the note is telling the truth, or part of the truth, or, more likely, it is a lie. However, it's also possible that the mafia are having fun and don't really care what happens, or are willing to risk telling the truth... I really don't know. It'd help if we had more time to live... but with Limelemon's random lynching upon the end of the day, we HAVE to catch a mafia member today. These mafia members DO seem to blend in pretty well, whoever they are.

If the cop's out there, then they should know who SOMEONE is, but unless we are about to lynch a townie OR the cop knows who a mafia is, I just realized something: if any of us vote, and it happens to be a townie, then both mafia can join the bandwagon and we lose in an instant. We have got to find out who's guilty before any of us make a vote. This will definitely be tricky...

@Lunar: why have you been opposed to me since your very first post? I give out all my thoughts on whats happening as the thoughts occur to me. You kept your vote throughout the entire day one, without really explaining it. Now, though you say:

I haven't got a single read, and wouldn't be comfortable with any lynch. Although since its pretty much LyLo, if I were forced to lynch at this point I would vote... hm. I don't know. Razzor seemed himself D1. So did Bored even though his usual self isn't quite perfect town. Shawn is quiet.
Basically D1 inactivity leaves me without a clear path, and since we're pretty much at the end of the game... eh. I think I was suspicious of Budja, it was like a week ago though. So the mafia gained hugely by the hiatus.
You still say:

I'd try my luck, seriously, by voting Bored out.
Why? Explain. I let it go day one because it was initially a random vote, but you've stuck with it. Please explain.
Also:

Since we lose if two more kills are made, it seems logical that for now, we strive to the goal that we don't lynch anyone D2. It definitely is an easier target than lynching mafia. Although lynching is a very important tool, I feel, in this case, that we would be foolish to vote without certainty. So I think our D2 tactic should be to stir up a good discussion and see where it takes us, but be extra --

Yeah.

I'm also pretty sure that the seer saw PP last night. I seriously doubt we will be getting anything from him today.

What exactly was this about? This seems weird, considering that above, you said you'd try your luck by voting me. It also seems weird that you tell people what you WOULD do, but you don't even DO anything except comment on things. You wait till someone else votes, so it doesn't seem like you were to eager to vote someone away, then you eventually join when it won't lead to indicating you being scummy. Seems suspicious...
Also, on a side note, I'm surprised I didn't die last night... it would've thrown suspicion on Lunar_Tick, regardless of whether he was guilty or not, with how opposed he was to me. Of course, if he WAS mafia, then he wouldn't kill me, because of that very fact... Right now, I have my FOS on Lunar_Tick, but will not vote yet till I see where everyone else stands, in case he is not, and the real mafia members joined the bandwagon and lynched him...

Also, explain how today isn't as LyLo as we think, please. It was probably a typo on Limelemon's part, because the normal rules are outnumbering or equalling the town for a mafia win... unless it was changed, but... maybe today isn't a LyLo for Lunar_Tick? Maybe a lynch of a townie would equal victory for Lunar_Tick, or as close to it as possible? I don't know.

@Budja: While a mass claim MIGHT narrow it down some, if we did so and STILL lynched a townie, then the mafia would know who everyone's role was, and they'd be able to kill anyone that they pleased, just about, and the doctor wouldn't know who to protect... I personally am opposed to this plan, because I can see potential cons weighing down potential pros.

@Razzor: What are your thoughts? You merely ask Budja one little question, completely ignoring all other events that happened. Why?

@Shawn: Love to hear from you. The more info we have, the more opinions, the easier it will be for us to lynch the right person.

@Data: What are your thoughts? What do you think of this note that seems to point in your direction? What do you think of Budja's idea?

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2009, 19:32:24 »
Working backwards:

If a cop has a Mafia I think they should claim*, but I don't know if a mass roleclaim is a good idea. Assuming everyone tells the truth but the Mafia (this is not guaranteed, since the cop and/or doctor might want to claim plain townie), if one mafia claims cop and the actual cop also claims cop, the doctor is clueless (50/50 chance) and the real cop has exposed himself.

* Everyone votes on who the cop claims is mafia. If he was the real cop, one mafia is gone. After that, the doctor protects this cop and he investigates the next most suspicious, etc. If he wasn't the cop, we lynch him (almost certain mafia) and the real cop is still hidden. If more than one person claims cop, the person we didn't choose to go with is either the other mafia or the real cop, in which case... well, we'll come to that if the time comes.

I have no idea at all about the note. It's probably just randomness made up to throw suspicion on somebody (possibly me).

No real thoughts other than that.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 21:23:39 »
@ Bored

@Razzor: What are your thoughts? You merely ask Budja one little question, completely ignoring all other events that happened. Why?
Procrastination. I do it all the time. :D

I really don't know what to think of this note. Perhaps the mafia are toying with us, trying to lead the trail to someone Purple Pineapple suspected... which would be me, Mathexpert (who isn't even in the game!), or Lunar. However, it seems to also have been written by someone who was overly paranoid that PP was onto them, or at least trying to LEAD us onto their trails...
Why would someone who is overly paranoid want to deliberately lead us onto them?
It would be terribly stupid to leave a hint as to who you are.
The only purpose of the note is to get us to waste time thinking about it, if even that. It could also just be a joke, because its implying mathexpert killed him.
Don't take it seriously though. The note is unimportant.

What exactly was this about? This seems weird, considering that above, you said you'd try your luck by voting me.
Why are you so paranoid? He said that you are a little bit suspicious, but that it would be a stretch to vote for you. Ar you afraid of something?

It also seems weird that you tell people what you WOULD do, but you don't even DO anything except comment on things. You wait till someone else votes, so it doesn't seem like you were to eager to vote someone away, then you eventually join when it won't lead to indicating you being scummy. Seems suspicious...
He is suspicious for, um, not voting? The assumption that he would jump on a bandwagon as soon as there is one is nothing but baseless speculation on your part.
I don't know about you, but I would wait for the possible mistakes to actually be made before pointing them out. By telling the mafia what they shouldn't do before they do it you are actually helping them.

@ Dataflshsabot

* Everyone votes on who the cop claims is mafia. If he was the real cop, one mafia is gone. After that, the doctor protects this cop and he investigates the next most suspicious, etc. If he wasn't the cop, we lynch him (almost certain mafia) and the real cop is still hidden. If more than one person claims cop, the person we didn't choose to go with is either the other mafia or the real cop, in which case... well, we'll come to that if the time comes.
Technically, yes, but only if we are not in a LyLo. If we are, then we loose if mafia claims to be the cop. I think we should wait for LL's verdict on this before any kind of role claiming takes place.

@mod: How about those rules? Do the mafia win when the entire town is dead, or when they are equal to the town?

My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D