Quite chaotic? How so?
Not headed in any certain direction?
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2009, 06:44:06 »
Oh, I see. Much the same could be said of Lunar, though. We give our honest opinions on everybody, at least... I did. As for your doom predictions... we still have SOME hope. We'd have more if people would actually discuss things instead of do absolutely nothing, so we could see who among us has a guilty conscience, and killed our mayor.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2009, 06:59:41 »
@Bored, you seem to be all over the place with your ideas and are confusing = chaotic. Your thoughts are hard to follow.

Quote from: PP
@town: You're doing a good job of being grey. Very grey.
Your being a little hypocritical here I must say.

Lurkers:
Salmoneous - nothing at all
Dataflashsabot - only a random vote
shawnachu - small comment on my idea.

Speak up.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2009, 07:31:45 »
@Bored, you seem to be all over the place with your ideas and are confusing = chaotic. Your thoughts are hard to follow.

I'm sorry... I just right down things directly from my head, unlike some, who try to calculate their posts to appear non-scummy. I write exactly what I see as I see it. All I know is included in these posts. (although, there was a joke in my last huge post  XD)
boiling it down to my thoughts at this time:
1: On Lunar: seems strange he voted the very first thing, before anyone even began talking about anything, considering that in the past, he has always hung in the back, waiting for a chance to write down his opinions on everyone at the time, so people can make more informed votes. He usually does a good job of this, finding facts that others miss. So, a quick, random vote is not in style for him, it seems, though now he has returned to his previous style of play.

2: On Purple: His initial game play strategy was a little abnormal, considering what he's like around the forum. Maybe he was trying to cover for a mafia member? Maybe he's one? I really don't know, though he has shaped up, and his comment on the town as a whole:

@town: You're doing a good job of being grey. Very grey.

The town is so dead. :/
seems suspicious. He appears to address the town as a member of something different, but he does the same of the mafia. Plus, he could of just said: we are so dead, instead of "the town is so dead". Seems like this is an anti-town mood.

3: Budja: his ideas seem a little bit... dangerous, for the town, but it's good to see he's trying to find a way we can all win in the limited time we have. However, his intentions seem to lean towards protown, trying to give us an option to succeed.

4: Salmoneous: I really don't think he's pro town. If he was, he'd have responded to the numerous times we've asked for him to, (too many to quote), despite the fact that he's been on. If he didn't want to participate, he wouldn't, I hope, have joined the game.

5: Shawnachu: He responded to one thing, but not much else. Seems fishy, the way he tried to put down Budja's plan so fast, as if any plan that MIGHT empower the town should be quelled, to give the mafia a chance...

6: Data: He appeared, as Budja pointed out, to make one random vote, but this vote was for PP, who's actions were, at the time, masking the mafia. I believe he may be townie, but it'd be a whole ton nicer to see him post more, so we can actually get into his head.

7: Razzorman: seems like town, based off his decent activity rates and his thoroughly thinking through plans to see what weaknesses we have in them, so we don't stumble into a trap. By explaining why they wouldn't work, he shows his pro-townieness. If he was mafia, he would hope nobody would do so, so the town would make a fatal flaw and be easy to target.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2009, 11:03:11 »
Well, theres nothing wrong with voting inactives or those who have proven to be unhelpful in the past.
vote: Salmoneous
We need to lynch one mafia, or get the doctor to block one nightkill before day 3, or they will win.
On the other hand, we don't have anything else to go on. Vote: Salmoneous
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2009, 12:10:40 »
Although it may be construed that I am obsessed with Bored's posts, it is in fact true that I'm obsessed with all posts. Seeing that Bored is the only (fuzzy) one who makes them, there's your tautology.

On Bored:
He adresses an issue, votes, etc, then he cushions it in a paragraph about impartiality and reason.
After voting Salmoneous:
If further evidence arises, I will, of course, be willing to change my vote to a person that seems even more scummy. For now, though, based off current facts, this is what I will do.

This kind of over-paranoid vibe, lynchophobia, the need to explain in writing what should be demonstrated in action, and the likes is a small scumtell. It's as if he is preemptively defensding himself against silly bandwagony arguments that would stand against reason anyway. You know, the kind of Mafia 2 argument that accused somebody of being scummy for voting. So yeah, he is paranoid.

I think it goes hand in hand with that kind of prose on step behind NES' dramatic fluff. Ok I'm guilty of prosy irrelevance but.

Oh, I see. Much the same could be said of Lunar, though. We give our honest opinions on everybody, at least... I did. As for your doom predictions... we still have SOME hope. We'd have more if people would actually discuss things instead of do absolutely nothing, so we could see who among us has a guilty conscience, and killed our mayor.
Italics demonstrate fluff.
Also see various posts giving unnecessary "he might be town, he might be scum" verdicts on just about everybody.

These things are heavy Bored2Death playstyles, so I wouldn't hold them as evidence against him. It's not conclusive and not vote-worthy, but it needs pointing out.

My thoughts on the night talk: do we really know whether or not the pm's we receive at night are from a townie or not? How can you know, for sure, that someone is a townie?
You can't know. But if you're contacted by the investigator and he tells you your role, well, you'd be halfway convinced. Although it's worth pointing out that a Mafia can do exactly that, claim that they're the investigator to a townie with a success rate of 2 over 3.

no offense meant, PP, but that stuff before was just masking whoever the real mafia are
You seem pretty sure in this post and yet you vote Salmoneous. Afterwards you say the same thing (about three times) only with less conviction.

Also, this allegation is pretty much baseless. Your theory is as good as anyone's pertaining PP and you haven't really explained your theory on PP.
You think that his antics during early D1 were because he was diverting attention away from another player?
I think that's unlikely. At that early time, about two votes were thrown, never on the same people, and PP had no reason at all (except madness) to attempt to do such a thing. The town wasn't interrogating someone. PP hasn't responded to any of these statements against him (?), which does lend them some gravity, but not in the direct sense.

1: On Lunar: [...]
Is there anything new on me?

4: Salmoneous: I really don't think he's pro town. If he was, he'd have responded to the numerous times we've asked for him to, (too many to quote), despite the fact that he's been on. If he didn't want to participate, he wouldn't, I hope, have joined the game.
You use past playstyles very much in your arguments about me and PP. Yet you don't do so for Salmoneous. He's always been inactive. It's bad, it hurts the town, yes, but I'm not totally sure you can use it as evidence against him, when you're willing to use inductive reasoning and past experiences for the rest of us.

I was going to do a little tweaking act for each of the comments you made on the various players, but, you know what, I'll let those guys deal with it themselves. I am looking forward to the responses of all players to B2d's player-comments.

On Data:
Where are you and respond to my post #29, even though it is an outdated question by now.

On Salmoneous:
Err, 3 votes on Salmoneous? That's too many. Say the mafia haven't voted yet, and then we've got a potential D1 lynch.
I thoroughly agree with the tactic of voting off Salmon (dead weight etc), but we've got three more days, do we really want to throw them down the drain by lynching earlier than usual? I think someone should take his/her vote off him, leaving him on L-3.

On Budja:
Weird plan, but hasn't responded to my analysis. Hm.

In what way? Example?

Speak up.
Seconded.

On Razzor:
Night talking, and any kind of pm activity would be kind of pointless to the town. We can't cooperate if everyone doesn't talk to everyone, and we need to cooperate to find the mafia.
Not so.
As I explained (?), the investigator has the power (and so the responsbility) to create an informed innocent block. So it's useful, just not during the day. I could point out scenarios where divulging the information of, you know the Investigator or his cronies, would be maleficent for the town.

On another note I seriously think we should have a chat about what criteria the Inv should use to inv players.
Basically, go for suspicious, go for talkative. For a win-win situation go for talkative+suspicious. Either you've found a very influential mafia, or you've found a very useful townie.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2009, 13:12:52 »
Quote from: teh roolz
Be active. Try to post at least once a day.

If this inactivity goes on I might modkill someone (I think you know who).

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2009, 13:40:54 »
Oh, sorry.
@#29:
I did wonder why PP looked so much into such a simple thing, but it wasn't really suspicious and more an excuse to apply a vote and move things along a bit, thus the [random]ness.

Right now I'm most suspicious of Salmoneous, but I'm gonna hold off voting for a bit, for reasons Lunar_Tick mentioned.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2009, 15:28:57 »
My plan wasn't "weird" but I accept that it may not be optimal.
The idea of "follow the cop" is reasonably known to me and I have always thought of it as having fairly equal pros/cons.

The big pros are that the Investigator is guaranteed to be protected (Not NKed tonight) and the town are given someone who view they can trust to not be scum-motivated.

Scum get information is the big negative.

There's your response (or at least more comments of mine on it :P).

Quote from: Lunar
Say the mafia haven't voted yet, and then we've got a potential D1 lynch.

Poor reasoning, anyone who just piles on now will be suspect if he flipped town. (Although I guess people can be a little lynch happy).

Quote from: Lunar
On another note I seriously think we should have a chat about what criteria the Inv should use to inv players.
OK, I downright dislike this. Directing the investigator is a scum-tell IMO. More null here as you are in the group you suggest investigating but I still don't like it.

Re. Bored, I'll give an example tomorrow when it isn't so late.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2009, 15:31:59 »
@Lunar: I don't see you as suspicious, but your early vote kinda put you on my radar.
@Purple: Acted strange at the beginning of the game, and hasn't really gave opinions on other players. Tell us what you think!
@Budja: Seems pro-town to me.
@Salmoneous: Say something!  Inactivity isn't helping us.
@Bored: Is actively scumhunting, don't see him as suspicious.
@Razzor: Not suspicious to me.

Really I don't have any idea who the mafia is, they're doing a really good job of blending in.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 15:57:12 »
Updated first post with votecount.

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2009, 16:13:39 »
Errm, I think you missed my vote:
vote:Purple Pineapple.

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 18:38:24 »
Plus, he could of just said: we are so dead, instead of "the town is so dead". Seems like this is an anti-town mood.
unlike some, who try to calculate their posts to appear non-scummy.
:sigh:
Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 20:12:27 »
Errm, I think you missed my vote:
vote:Purple Pineapple.
Oh... sorry. Rushed a little, and it was very much to the right...
But it's fixed now.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 05:12:58 »
Very very limited access. I have a major assignment and probably no access besides to at least 24 hrs.