Mafia 5 game thread *It's over!*

• 131 Replies

Offline Budja

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 05:00:51 »
Quote from: Lunar
The roleclaiming strategy you outlined works, and not that well, when the town is forced to do something drastic but cant communicate and coordinate with people they know are town. In this case it's totally different. Did you conveniently forget that, Budja?

We have
 a.) no mafia roleblocker.
 b.) 8 players: meaning that 6 of those are town.

Not really a bad plan given the facts. It generally has IMO equal pro's and con's here so I mentioned it to provoke discussion.

I'll admit I didn't take note of the night-talk. I tend to skim rules a lot.

Purple Pineapple, B2D are giving me a paranoid townie feel.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 19:25:26 »
Well, I may be paranoid, but at least I'm townie!
My thoughts on the night talk: do we really know whether or not the pm's we receive at night are from a townie or not? How can you know, for sure, that someone is a townie? I get the feeling any one of you could be the mafia, and you'd PM us to convince us that you're not mafia, just townie. How would we know this for truth? Therefore, night talking isn't going to solve many of our problems. We need to locate the scum, and most likely they're the ones in the back, not posting because they are afraid of revealing themselves. Has ANYONE seen Salmoneous join the conversation? And Shawnachu's made one post, but right now Salmoneous has been asked to post several times and has not. I think I'm ready to vote, but I'd like to see other opinions first.

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 19:36:41 »
If we did ask everyone to roleclaim, we'd get:
1: innocent
2: innocent
3: innocent
4: innocent
5: investigator
6: doctor
7: ?
8: ?

If the mafia claimed town, they would know who the doctor and investigator are, and we wouldn't be any farther along, so that idea's out.
Lurk more.

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2009, 19:37:33 »
Chances of the inv finding one by then are 3/7.
My bad, 4/7.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2009, 19:54:59 »

If the mafia claimed town, they would know who the doctor and investigator are, and we wouldn't be any farther along, so that idea's out.
If this is a response to my post, please note that I did not ask people to roleclaim. I know what that would lead to. I'm not a fool. All I said was that we can't trust the night talking, so it isn't as big of an advantage as some have suggested.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 21:54:42 »
Night talking, and any kind of pm activity would be kind of pointless to the town. We can't cooperate if everyone doesn't talk to everyone, and we need to cooperate to find the mafia.

[...]
The mafia will claim town, unless they are suicidal. If the mafia claimed power roles, they could potentially get us lynch the real investigator/doctor, but we would know who they are the next day.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 21:56:39 »
On the plans:
Well I think it is quite a bad plan, Budja.

I'm going to leave the obvious things out since they're --well, isn't it obvious?-- obvious.
The two are pretty much mutually exclusive.

a) Pros: Anonymity of the Investigator, anonymity of the townies in his block, private coordination within that block, mafia has as little as information as possible
Cons: Not all the town votes with complete information although this can be helped

b) Pros: Everyone knows about who's innocent/guilty, Protection of the Investigator (at least until Doc is killed)
Cons: Mafia knows about the identity of the Investigator, mafia knows the identity of all the people the investigator investigates.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 22:51:34 »

If this is a response to my post, please note that I did not ask people to roleclaim. I know what that would lead to. I'm not a fool. All I said was that we can't trust the night talking, so it isn't as big of an advantage as some have suggested.
I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to whomever your post was responding to.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 23:07:47 »
I see. So you were responding to Budja, then.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 03:13:35 »
Sorry for the double post, but its been more than a day. In an attempt to get this game moving again, I vote: Salmoneous, because he has not responded to any questions concerning his inactivity, though he has been on numerous times, while so far, everyone except maybe PP gives a fairly pro-town vibe. (no offense meant, PP, but that stuff before was just masking whoever the real mafia are). If further evidence arises, I will, of course, be willing to change my vote to a person that seems even more scummy. For now, though, based off current facts, this is what I will do.

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 03:52:49 »
We've got three days left. There's no reason to go around voting innactives.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 03:56:58 »
No one had been active in more than a day. I knew that this would get some more activity.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2009, 06:13:56 »
I was expecting talk to happen but...

Well, theres nothing wrong with voting inactives or those who have proven to be unhelpful in the past.
vote: Salmoneous

PP misreps me a bit, I was not suggesting a mass claim. (mildly scummy action but gut town feel).
Bored seems to be interested in scumhunting but is been quite chaotic, (null).
No read on Lunar or Razz, (null).
No-one else has posted in a while.

TBH, I don't have many leads.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2009, 06:39:45 »
Quite chaotic? How so?

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2009, 06:40:50 »
@mafia: You're doing a good job of blending into the town.
@town: You're doing a good job of being grey. Very grey.

The town is so dead. :/
Lurk more.