Mafia 5 game thread *It's over!*

• 131 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:59 »
Ok, so what does the town think of this idea?
Cop claims, doctor protects them every night. The cop reveal their results every morning.
Your thoughts?
How about the investigator does this when he or she finds some scum?
That seems more logical than for the town to just reveal all its roles -- Wait.

The town gets to PM each other, during the day and night. Why would the Investigator prefer to reveal himself rather than compose a clandestine voting bloc of innocents?

The roleclaiming strategy you outlined works, and not that well, when the town is forced to do something drastic but cant communicate and coordinate with people they know are town. In this case it's totally different. Did you conveniently forget that, Budja?

Explain yourself.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:36:31 »
Ok, so what does the town think of this idea?
Cop claims, doctor protects them every night. The cop reveal their results every morning.
Your thoughts?
Hmm... No. I don't like this idea. Did you really think this through budja, or did you expect us not to?

It would mean that the mafia knows for sure who the investigator is, but the investigator will be as clueless as anybody else.
It would also leave the entire town open for nightkill, meaning the mafia will have a chance of 25% to kill the doctor the first night if we don't lynch one of them. 20% if we do.
We need to lynch one mafia member before day 3, or they will win, because even if this guarantees that the investigator survives to day 3, it also guarantees that the mafia will have 100% chance to nightkill someone, thus making the doctor almost powerless.
If the doctor can stop one nightkill attempt, we will have a lot more time to find the mafia.

How about this?
The doctor protects himself, and the investigator reveals results when he finds scum?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 17:54:06 »
On Lunar: By your past style of play, I am referring to the providing all facts before voting. You started the game the opposite way, by random voting right away. I hadn't, personally, seen you random vote before, so it was a shock. However, now you're acting like you used to again, posting your thoughts on everyone. Therefore, my later statement would contradict my earlier one, because NOW you're acting like you have in the past games. Also, on PP: I think that he doesn't seem like scum, but this might be his way of protecting himself... there are still not enough facts to vote and be certain enough that we will hunt out scum.

On Budja: are you crazy? The cop reveals himself? Yes, it'd be nice to be reassured that the investigator lives each night, and isn't killed, but doing so will insure that the mafia will be able to kill anyone else, including the doctor. I understand that you're trying to introduce a new strategy, but it wouldn't work all that well. I agree with Lunar_Tick and Razzorman on this issue. Now, what would be even better, perhaps, would be if we could have the investigator write an anonymous note, and Limelemon puts it up after it's written, like in the morning, or before someone's lynched or something. Of course, this would work better in a bigger game, where the mafia don't have a good chance of killing the investigator the first night... which would basically end the game right there. It would be nice if we did have more players...

On Salmoneous: where are you? Are you perchance waiting for the night, so you can fulfill some devious (or investigative) actions? It seems kind of suspicious...

On PP: While I don't think he's scum, necessarily, his attitude doesn't seem the most pro-town. By trying to get us to lynch Mathexpert, who isn't even in the game, he's trying to get us to waste a valuable lynching opportunity, the best we actually have at the moment. With this short of a game, we need to hit the mafia day one, or one of our power roles may be taken out, and then we're basically sitting ducks, with a very small chance of victory. This is why I find his actions strange.

On Razzorman: Doesn't seem very strange yet, though his posts each only concentrate on one thing that's been said, usually something, though, that would hurt the town if it was followed through (ie, voting for mathexpert, or the cop claiming right away). I'm not sure what to think, though he seems pro town.

On Data: I've noticed that you said the whole paranoid random vote thing, but THEN you supplied a reason for voting for PP. You contradict yourself there, because it's not entirely random if you have SOME reason. Seems a little bit scummy, but mostly town.

On Shawn: haven't seen much activity from you, what are your thoughts on everything? Might be in the same boat as Salmoneous... waiting till the night, when he can perform some action... seems a little scummy, but if you haven't been able to get on, then it's understandable.

On Bored: Do you guys really trust him? I mean, come on! Everything he says contradicts himself, he's trying to use REASON to vote and root out the scum, he's trying to keep an open mind so he doesn't ignore clues as to who the scum is, and he has a pokeplushie that he had before the game, and it's named Grim. OBVIOusly he's scum, I mean, come on. Vote: Bored2death (notice, it's not in bold :P2)
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 18:22:08 »
Okay, my thoughts so far.

Lunar started off the game kinda strange. I haven't seen him do that in the past games, but rather waited for others to start off the vote :/

@Budja: Seems like a good idea, but if the doctor gets lynched, the entire plan falls apart: Mafia then proceeds to kill off the Cop and we're pretty much screwed.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 21:16:03 »
Almost forgot this rule: No editing/deleting posts! Under no circumstances! Think twice before you post.

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 22:52:50 »
I think I know what role Purple is playing... a hidden role, the *cough* joker *cough* or is just trying to mess the game up...
Or maybe he has that strange thing called an awkward sense of humour.  :huh:
Also, on PP: I think that he doesn't seem like scum, but this might be his way of protecting himself... there are still not enough facts to vote and be certain enough that we will hunt out scum.

[...]

On PP: While I don't think he's scum, necessarily, his attitude doesn't seem the most pro-town. By trying to get us to lynch Mathexpert, who isn't even in the game, he's trying to get us to waste a valuable lynching opportunity, the best we actually have at the moment. With this short of a game, we need to hit the mafia day one, or one of our power roles may be taken out, and then we're basically sitting ducks, with a very small chance of victory. This is why I find his actions strange.
WHAT? Come on guys! I'm clearly scum. So is mathexpert. We're the mafia! Hah. What now? Oooh. Mathexpert and I are the mafia. What're you going to do about it. I mean look. I've got an authentic scum cape? <_<
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 23:12:38 »
Yeah, PP.
That is the kind of randomness which basically covers up for the mafia completely. You're killing the town.

And hey, if you want to be lynched, just say so.

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 23:17:50 »
:shifty:

Ok.. maybe I should stop acting.. stupid. Sorry. :/
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 23:23:31 »
Initailly garners a titter, but tactically tripe in the long term.  :P2
What are your actual opinions?

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 00:42:38 »
I'm actually keeping track of every single post in this game, and there's not much currently.

There are 8 roles in the game, 2 of which are mafia. Both mafia must be lynched by day 3. On day 3, there are 2 good, 2 mafia. Chances of the inv finding one by then are 3/7. The doc can protect whomever he wants. It won't matter. Our only chance best hope is to lynch a mafia right now, and that won't be easy. If anyone, Lunar looks most suspicious or least anxious.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 01:02:33 »
I'm actually keeping track of every single post in this game, and there's not much currently.

There are 8 roles in the game, 2 of which are mafia. Both mafia must be lynched by day 3. On day 3, there are 2 good, 2 mafia. Chances of the inv finding one by then are 3/7. The doc can protect whomever he wants. It won't matter. Our only chance best hope is to lynch a mafia right now, and that won't be easy. If anyone, Lunar looks most suspicious or least anxious.

We do need to ensure our votes are wise. I'm not positive that Lunar is the most suspicious right now, he's just supplying the facts and his opinions as he has in the past, but the beginning when he voted was definitely NOT how he usually acted.
This seems to me to be suspicious, however. It seems to imply that Lunar_Tick is okay with lynching you, PP, even though we have so little time to find the right person to lynch. He doesn't seem very anxious, though. Say, how many days do we have left to locate the scum before day 1 ends?

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 01:40:58 »
August 25, 19:36:00

Roughly 5 days.
Lurk more.

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:26 »
19:36:30, but whatever. No editing posts.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 01:52:30 »
Alright. Five days to find the scum... we SHOULD be able to do this... where is Elder, anyway??? He hasn't posted hardly anything at all...

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 02:01:23 »
Okay... Im Laughing so hard right now... Im not even in the game... :P

His email is mathexpert9981@yahoo.com: Aha! It's clear! Who would create an inconspicuous email account at a public host, if they were not afraid of being traced. This is quite obviously a mafia tell, as it is highly unlikely for a loon such as the serial killer to go to such great lengths to defend himself.

In his sig, there is a pokeplushie: What could be cuter than a pokeplushie? Huh? It's name is "Bread with ham!" Obviously trying to fool us into thinking he has no ill intentions!

youtube channel: Note the only non-Niff related video on there: snowdrift. At the very beginning. it shows a yahoo page entitled "mall hands out 50$ bills." Signs of a mercenary?

Userbar: , which happens to cycle through nitrome fan, piano player, metroid prime 3 lover, nintendo wii, piano player, pizza lover, and meta knight fan. Note that piano player appears there twice. Trying to make us think he's gifted with a non-violent instrument, such as the piano. With this subliminal message, he invades our subconsciousness!
and what about mah weretaco avie? it is cute and  >) at the same time, no?
EDIT: am i even allowed to post, since Im not in teh game?  :huh:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:07:29 by Mathexpert »