• 131 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11:32 »
Or maybe Limelemon made a typo and you're just crazy :P
Purple Pineapple, crazy??? No way!  C)p
Poor Mathexpert, killed even though he's probably not in the game...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:06 »
Indeed.  ;)
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 12:30:11 »
So, um.. PP? What the heck are you doing?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 12:31:08 »
Indeed.  ;)
Yes. There are 8 players and 4 special roles. The role list was a (slightly edited) copypasta.

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 16:15:47 »
Sooooo
Spoiler: o (click to show/hide)
ooo...
We have nothing to go on.[paranoidrandomvote]BUT! Why did Purple Pineapple look so much into something so simple?!?! vote:Purple Pineapple.[/paranoidrandomvote]

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 17:22:44 »
Where's budja?

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 18:28:38 »
Good question. Has he even been on recently? Limelemon, has everyone confirmed their roles?

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 19:25:21 »
Everyone but Budja.

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 20:34:40 »
Yes. There are 8 players and 4 special roles.
Ah.. right.
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 23:08:31 »
On Bored:
Your FoS in post #10 seems as if it is not a random action; it seems more reasoned, as does the rest of the post. Which is why I find the fact that you have overlooked (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now) post #11 intriguing, to say the least.

On the other hand, your FoS might just be a mild OMGUS reation to my vote.

On Purple Pineapple:
I could blame it on the distortion of your posts by the internet, but I have no idea how serious you are (or were) about your opinions/evidence/votes in posts #12 & #13. Care to elaborate on seriousness, past and present?

Also, I don't get what you mean by
Ah.. right.
in post #23. I mean, I don't see how that piece of info threw out your conspiracy theory, you seemed pretty convinved of yourself. (? I'm assuming things so go on and clarify the whole things)

And, voteswitching like that is a blatant sign of scum, although I will grant it you, as it is only D1, i Suppose.

Huh? What typo?
(I think not noticing it probably bore my confusion about PP's mini-rant)

Budja is probably face down in a ditch somewhere, he would be more active than this.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 23:21:35 »
On Bored:
Your FoS in post #10 seems as if it is not a random action; it seems more reasoned, as does the rest of the post. Which is why I find the fact that you have overlooked (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now) post #11 intriguing, to say the least.

On the other hand, your FoS might just be a mild OMGUS reation to my vote.

Is reason, then, a bad thing? I actually noticed it cause a certain mafia game moderator pointed it out, and, indeed, when looking at your history, it was entirely different from your past style of game play. As for post#11, if you are referring to your question, here's my answer. It was you I was thinking of, and it was voting for a pro town role that could lead to all of our demise. Notice, I am reluctant to vote on the first day, because I don't know who to vote for... the mafia are, no doubt, going to mess with our minds. Seems Purple Pineapple has done that, though... Currently, I will remove my FoS in favor of gathering more information first (we still have like 5 or 6 days to root out the scum). I think this covers about everything that I know to this point. Also, you are acting like you have in the past again. As you said, someone had to start of the votes, though we must take our time and reason things thru before making a final decision. I expected to have less time for Day 1, but fortunately, we have a lot more! Therefore, a random vote does not seem to be the way to go at this point.
@Purple Pineapple, your actions do seem a little... paranoid... maybe you're the doctor or invest., though with a power role, and you're not sure what to do. If you continue to act so... strangely... I may indeed consider voting.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 23:24:05 by Bored2death »

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 02:30:35 »
@Purple Pineapple, your actions do seem a little... paranoid... maybe you're the doctor or invest., though with a power role, and you're not sure what to do. If you continue to act so... strangely... I may indeed consider voting.
Hah! Strangely? Is it not obvious that Mathexpert is the mafia! I also happen to know, from his profile, the following:

His email is mathexpert9981@yahoo.com: Aha! It's clear! Who would create an inconspicuous email account at a public host, if they were not afraid of being traced. This is quite obviously a mafia tell, as it is highly unlikely for a loon such as the serial killer to go to such great lengths to defend himself.

In his sig, there is a pokeplushie: What could be cuter than a pokeplushie? Huh? It's name is "Bread with ham!" Obviously trying to fool us into thinking he has no ill intentions!

youtube channel: Note the only non-Niff related video on there: snowdrift. At the very beginning. it shows a yahoo page entitled "mall hands out 50$ bills." Signs of a mercenary?

Userbar: , which happens to cycle through nitrome fan, piano player, metroid prime 3 lover, nintendo wii, piano player, pizza lover, and meta knight fan. Note that piano player appears there twice. Trying to make us think he's gifted with a non-violent instrument, such as the piano. With this subliminal message, he invades our subconsciousness!
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 04:37:06 »
I think I know what role Purple is playing... a hidden role, the *cough* joker *cough* or is just trying to mess the game up...

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 06:55:48 »
Quote from: Lunar
Budja is probably face down in a ditch somewhere, he would be more active than this.
Haha, I have very limited access most of Wed/Thurs at Uni. Expect usual content from now.

Not much to go off yet, Purple is been random (a little too random IMO). With a short game we have to pick up the pace quickly!

Ok, so what does the town think of this idea?
Cop claims, doctor protects them every night. The cop reveal their results every morning.
Your thoughts?

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 08:53:46 »
On Bored:
Before I analyse quote by quote, I must say I found your post slightly demagogue-ey, although that might be your playstyle or something. I shrugged.

Is reason, then, a bad thing?
No, I didn't imply that, I hope.

What I meant is that your post (#10) could be either interpreted as a decent attempt at reason (in which case should be taken totally seriously, despite the fact that you didn't have many facts at your disposal anyway) or a quasi-random vote. It is clear now that it is definitely the former.

Had it been the latter, then you ignoring a direct question would be forgivable, since your FoS and arguments weren't taken so seriously. And that is my logic to back-up the statement:
I find the fact that you have overlooked post #11 intriguing, to say the least.
Which is a watered down accusation of suspicion/ignoring questions.

I actually noticed it cause a certain mafia game moderator pointed it out, and, indeed, when looking at your history, it was entirely different from your past style of game play.
Again, no idea what you're talking about. "It"? My history? Isn't my history entirely the same as my past style of game play?

It was you I was thinking of, and it was voting for a pro town role that could lead to all of our demise. Notice, I am reluctant to vote on the first day, because I don't know who to vote for... the mafia are, no doubt, going to mess with our minds. [...]. Currently, I will remove my FoS in favor of gathering more information first [...].
Said demagoguery and filler rhetoric.

Also, you are acting like you have in the past again.
This contradicts with
[...] when looking at your history, it was entirely different from your past style of game play
this?

If you continue to act so... strangely... I may indeed consider voting.
Acting strangely isn't necessarily acting scummily.
This sentence implies that you find PP's actions up to now scummy, at least slightly. What do you find scummy in PP?

I think I know what role Purple is playing... a hidden role, the *cough* joker *cough* or is just trying to mess the game up...
Or maybe he has that strange thing called an awkward sense of humour.  :huh:

On Data:
Is your vote on PP totally and completely random? If so it is useless and of no value.
Let us assume it isn't such a random vote. Do you think that PP's strange behaviour is scummy for its strangeness or for something else? Or is it not his strangeness that made you vote?

On Salmoneous:
Are you gonna say anything D1 or shall we count on your formulaic brevity?