• 131 Replies

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: Mafia 5 game thread *It's over!*
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 14:55:46 »
Just a couple of notes:
- a doctor who can protect themselves is over-powered as they are effectively un-nightkillable
- revealling Lunar "not"-death gave the town an extra confirmed which is not desirable.

I thought about if I should let the doctor protect himself. I came to the conclusion that the town didn't have a big chance to win so I decided to let the doctor do that.
The reason they won was because Razzorman was really lucky with his investigations.

Also, I didn't think when I wrote that about Lunar. Sorry, I should have replaced his name with *** in the scene and then explained that the doctor rescued "the person".

That's something the host for Mafia 6 should think about.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 15:37:29 »
The reason they won was because Razzorman was really lucky with his investigations.
It wasn't all luck. I investigated budja because he was the most suspicious to me at the time. I investigated bored because lunar was suspicious of him, and because we would gain the most from investigating him.

Quote from: bored
Also, I hope Razzor doesn't investigate me... if he does...
Quote from: bored
HE DID.... GAME OVER
XD

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 15:43:39 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 16:07:14 »
How interesting.

Quote from: Budja
Ok, I think Lunar is testing me :P.
What was this referring to?
Quote from: Bored
Yes, we do have them running in circles, I believe
:P

I just knew you (b2d) had written that note.
Had Razzor not revealed that he was inv and budja maf I would never have suspected budja. I suppose your playstyle is just too similar to mine.

Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 18:14:07 »
Well, not much else to say. Good job. I had fun writing those notes (especially the second one XD). Guess it's off to that werewolf version? Or just a standard mafia? If so... who will host?

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:55 »
I reserved a spot as mafia 6 host, but looks like 20-player werewolf world is taking over. <_<

Quote from: Budja
Ok, I think Lunar is testing me :P.
Quote from: Bored
Yes, we do have them running in circles, I believe
:P

I just knew you (b2d) had written that note.
Had Razzor not revealed that he was inv and budja maf I would never have suspected budja. I suppose your playstyle is just too similar to mine.
Breaking down and analyzing even after the game..

One thing that surprised me was that the Mafia sent me a detailed text explaining how they killed their victim. That wasn't specified in the rules, but I remember that we did so in the first mafia(s). So let's continue with it!
The text was as following:

As a citizen of Nifftown sits quietly dining in peace, a shadow from the streets slips into the house. All is silent for the citizen, as his death, unbeknownst to him, approaches. He leaves to relieve himself, and while he is gone, the shadow slips some poison into his drink. Then, the shadow is gone in a flash, without anyone ever knowing it was there. As the citizen drinks, he begins to choke, then cough up blood. Slowly, he dies. He tries to make it to the hospital, but doesn't even make it to his door. The next morning, his body was found, drowning in a pool of blood. Upon investigation, a note is found, one that says:
Fools. Purple Pineapple was on to me. I'm sure of it. What you may have thought was the ravings of a mad man was, in fact, correct. He knew who I was, though he was careful to not reveal it. I'm positive he was onto me. Just you wait. You'll all die one day... one day soon

[My edit:] Purple Pineapple, Townie, killed night 1.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:24:26 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2009, 03:28:24 »
Look, I'm sorry, ok... no hard feelings? We're both dead now... you're in Heaven, me, being mafia, am probably in...

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2009, 11:40:32 »
Quote from: LL
I thought about if I should let the doctor protect himself. I came to the conclusion that the town didn't have a big chance to win so I decided to let the doctor do that.

The town was more powerful than you think. The setup (without self-protect) looked reasonably balanced.

Quote from: Lunar

Your questioning of me over my cop ideas early day 2.

Quote from: Lunar
I suppose your playstyle is just too similar to mine.
I really thought you suspected me :P.

I actually did think my ideas were reasonable from a town perspective, I only used them to kick start discussion and I was hoping someone would comment badly and look scummy for it.

« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2009, 01:01:37 »
In case you haven't noticed, the first day is almost always an inactive lynch.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2009, 04:12:21 »
I think we should start a new game. Signups, PP? Also, I'll host mafia 6.5, I think (a .5 game is a really fun, but really... different game. lots of surprises, more roles!!!)

« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2009, 05:34:04 »
Y'allright. I seem to now have stolen hosting position for Mafia and DWYW. 8) Oh well. Hosting is fun.
Lurk more.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2009, 19:43:20 »
That was really fast :P