• View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Mafia 5 game thread *It's over!*
« on: August 18, 2009, 20:36:30 »
We have begun.
Please confirm you received my PM.

The roles:

The Good
The goal for the 'good' citizens is to kill the members of the Mafia. If all members of the Mafia is dead, the good ones win!

Innocent
I will assign this identity to most citizens.

The Detective
I will assign this identity to one citizen. The detective can investigate one citizen each night, in order to find out the person's true identity.

The Doctor
I will assign this identity to one citizen. The doctor will chose a citizen to protect each night. If the Mafia tries to kill that specific citizen during that night, the doctor will prevent it.

The Bad
The goal for the bad citizens is to kill the good ones. When they equal or outnumber the town, they win!

The Don
I will assign this identity to one citizen. As the name implies, the Don is the leader of the Mafia. Each night the Don will let me know who to kill, and how the citizen should be killed. The Don also communicates with the other Mafia members through PM's (or any other method of choice), and takes suggestions about who to kill.
If the Don dies, the other Mafia Member will become the Don.

Mafia Member
There is one mafia member. He discusses with the Don who to kill each night.

The rules:

No posting in the thread during night time. Any other means of communication is allowed, though.
Be active. Try to post at least once a day.
When a person receives over 50% of the votes, he is lynched. Even if someone unvotes before I notice. If the time runs out the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two or more players have the same number of votes, one will be selected randomly.
Almost forgot: No editing/deleting posts! Under no circumstances! Think twice before you post.

Day 1 will begin now and have a time limit of one week.

The peaceful inhabitants of Nifftown wakes up this morning and goes to the town square as usual, only to find the major dead. The mafia is amongst them! Try to find the guilty persons and bring them to the guillotine.

Players alive:

Dataflashsabot, Townie
Razzorman, Investigator
shawnachu, Townie
Lunar_Tick, Doctor

Dead players:

Salmoneous, Townie, lynchyed day 1
Purple Pineapple, Townie, killed night 1
Budja, Mafia member, lynched day 2
Bored2death, Don, lynched day 3

Town victory!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:25:33 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 5 game thread
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 20:38:52 »
I got my role. I confirm.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 20:40:24 »
Hold on a sec: If the Don dies, is the mafia unable to kill?

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 20:41:56 »
I was just thinking about that Shawn, stupid question thought.

edit: oh I confirm.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 20:48:36 »
Woah, that was quick, guys!

And to answer shawnachu's question:
No, then the Mafia Member will become the Don. I'm sorry I missed that, I will add it to the first post now (I also missed it in the PMs I sent them).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 20:50:55 by LimeLemon »

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 20:49:40 »
Erm shouldn't we do the confirmation in the other thread? The purpose of this one is to avoid that clutter. Anyways I confirm.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 20:54:35 »
I confirm.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 22:32:45 »
Hey there.
Could we get a playerlist, mod? Thanks.
Also private communication is only useful if you are the seer, or masquerading as the seer, so say what you have to say in the thread, otherwise, surely.

Bored2Death
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 22:57:20 »
Mkay, I confirm

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 22:58:38 »
Hey there.
Also private communication is only useful if you are the seer, or masquerading as the seer, so say what you have to say in the thread, otherwise, surely.

Bored2Death

...no I'm not going on a queer masquerade. Also, did you just vote for absolutely no reason? It's, like, the total opposite of what you try to enforce others to do!
I other words: Good job, keep it up! :crazy:
Oh and I know why you did it. But I probably shouldn't be making these comments... I'm the host. I shouldn't interfere in the game, or comment on in-game stuff.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 23:06:46 »
Hey there.

Bored2Death

...no I'm not going on a queer masquerade. Also, did you just vote for absolutely no reason? It's, like, the total opposite of what you try to enforce others to do!
I other words: Good job, keep it up!
:crazy:
Oh and I know why you did it. But I probably shouldn't be making these comments... I'm the host. I shouldn't interfere in the game, or comment on in-game stuff.

Yeah, and he'll totally destroy the town by doing so. It does strike me as suspicious that Lunar_Tick is voting so quickly, especially considering we've been given a week to seek out the scum. As for why he did it? LimeLemon??? Seems as if you know he would benefit from quick, random lynches... now, why would that be? If we are allowed to do so, I have my FOS on Lunar_Tick.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 23:13:07 by Bored2death »

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 23:55:01 »
Also, did you just vote for absolutely no reason? It's, like, the total opposite of what you try to enforce others to do!
Nah, someone always has to random vote D1 to tease out some kind of response. This game it was me.

Yeah, and he'll totally destroy the town by doing so.
:S
I'm confused.
Who is 'he'? Me, I assume?
What is 'so' that is being done?
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 00:16:09 »
Hey there.

Bored2Death
There is no way Bored2death is the mafia! I happen to know that for a fact guess. vote:Lunar_Tick

Hey there.

Bored2Death

I other words: Good job, keep it up!
:crazy:

Yeah, and he'll totally destroy the town by doing so. It does strike me as suspicious that Lunar_Tick is voting so quickly, especially considering we've been given a week to seek out the scum. As for why he did it? LimeLemon??? Seems as if you know he would benefit from quick, random lynches... now, why would that be? If we are allowed to do so, I have my FOS on Lunar_Tick.
Tsk, tsk bored. This is no time for FoSing! It's time to act. To stand up and say I am the mafia and everyone should vote me! No. To say I know who the mafia is, and they will be dead by sunrise! No.. wait. Dangit. vote:Bored2death (Note that I didn't unvote and that wasn't in bold.)

Confirmed.
Lurk more.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 00:30:13 »
Innocent
I will assign this identity to most citizens.

Aha! With 8 players and 4 special roles, you can't assign the innocent to "most" players. Therefore, one of the special roles was not assigned. Could it be the doctor or investigator? No; That tips the scale far towards the mafia! Could it be the don? No; with no don, there's no mafia, and yet the game is running. The missing role is therefore the mafia member! Yet, each role clearly states:

There is one ----

There is one extra player therefore! That would explain why the sign-ups fell short. Now let's see.. who could it be? Recent posters include: Hmph, Mathexpert, Pick yer poison, LPChip, googoogjoob, and BlackM.1

We can rule out BlackM.1 and hmph based on inactivity, and moderators rarely sign up to something like this. This leaves Pick yer poison and Mathexpert. Although Pick yer poison doesn't seem very sneaky, he's still a suspect. I therefore unvote and place my vote on Mathexpert, who clearly PMed LimeLemon and was given a secret role. It is unlikely for this role to be non-scummy, considering all the trouble Mathexpert went through to get it.
Lurk more.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 01:01:52 »
Or maybe Limelemon made a typo and you're just crazy :P