Have you ever?

• 658 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Have you ever?
« Reply #645 on: January 04, 2021, 11:59:19 »
I have. Multiple occasions actually with different endings even, but most of the time they were not actually Lets Plays, but more like a video on game design featuring a game.

There is one game that is an exception here. Forts. There's a youtube streamer who plays the game and posts Lets Plays and also streams him playing the game and I love watching him play so much that at some point I decided to buy the game so I could play it myself.

The experience was negative at the end though. Its a fun game, but I found it to be too hard to be enjoyable. This is a game that you either master and have fun, or not. It forces you to do things a certain way, which is not necessarily the way I want to play the game. So in the end, I enjoy watching the game more than actually playing it.

In some cases, I bought a game but not actually played it yet, and in some I bought the game and am heavily enjoying myself. But these are based upon a game being featured in a video to explain a mechanic rather than being a lets play. Currently I'm heavily invested in Control. I love that game. I got to see it based on it being featured on Gameranx and one of Game Maker's Toolkit videos I believe. Made me want to get this game, so it went on my Steam wishlist until it was on sale, then bought it, and now enjoying it immensely.

Have you ever thought there was a skill too hard to master, but gave it a go after some encouragement from others only to find out you were actually good at it?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #646 on: January 05, 2021, 13:38:42 »
I wouldn't say I found out I'm good. But I have been practising a bit and have received some positive feedback about my endeavours. I'm talking about pixel art, specifically making things for KS. :)

Have you ever found a lost item and successfully returned it?

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 05, 2021, 19:06:31 »
I've found lost items and handed them in to the authorities. I found a PSP on a train a long time ago (obviously - it was a PSP) and handed it in at the station. And a lost phone at a youth work conference where my sister was speaking, and handed it in at the desk. Outside of things left or lost in my own house, I don't think I've ever found a lost item and been able to return it to its owner.

Let's flip that. Have you ever lost something and had it returned to you by a stranger?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2021, 01:21:49 »
Sort of...

When I was a young child, I had lost my wallet in the central area. Because I was young, my parents had me write my name and phone number in the fabric inside in case I would loose my wallet. I had that wallet for 4 years if not more and I never lost it, so when my parents asked me to do it, I said: sure, but I'll never lose it anyway.

Anyway, so I did lost my wallet, but I hadn't even realized it. I had a little bit of money in it, but not much, and there was a carnival in town (that's where I probably lost the wallet) and I had won a big ticket with lots of points that was in the wallet, and my cards.

I got home from the carnival when my brother called me. He said a stranger called, they found my wallet. I checked my pockets and OMG, my wallet was gone. They gave me an address. I went there, rang the door, and they had indeed my wallet. They asked me a few questions about what was inside to verify that I was indeed the owner. After I answered the questions, I got my wallet back. All money was gone, but my cards were still there and the ticket with lots of points on it was still in there too, so I was happy for that at least.

Have you ever bought someone a gift for their birthday/etc and got a disappointment because they already had received that gift or already owned it, etc?

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #649 on: January 28, 2021, 04:51:20 »
I don't think so.

Have you ever gone a full day (or longer) without drinking water?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #650 on: January 28, 2021, 11:53:45 »
I have. I have for quite a long while too. When I was younger, I didn't like water at all. I drank anything that had flavour, just not water. I would mix water with sirup, but when I went into puberty I mostly drank Coca Cola, and very rarely something else. I actually don't drink coffee at all, so when I went working and the company did not have cola or fanta or something similar, I had to find something for me to drink. It was at this time where I went to drinking water, and started to like it, making me basically switch to drinking water almost all the time. I do drink tea, it just never occured to me to drink tea the whole day.

Have you ever gone without anything to eat for more than 12 hours?

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 28, 2021, 15:18:32 »
Yes, I did an annual sponsored fast a few times when I was a teenager, going without eating for a weekend, in order to raise money for charity. It made me realise how much we take for granted being able to sate hunger, thirst, discomfort, tiredness, boredom, at any time our whims decide.

Have you ever bought someone a book, but read it yourself before giving it to them?

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #652 on: February 01, 2021, 06:22:52 »
Yes.

Have you ever gone more than a week without showering?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #653 on: February 01, 2021, 12:39:02 »
I have, as I'm a bathing person. I really don't like to use a shower. So I can safely say, I haven't showered in over 20 years I think.

Have you ever seen something amazing that no one in your surrounding saw because they simply did not look at that at the right moment, whereas if they had, they would've seen it too?

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #654 on: August 22, 2021, 01:27:13 »
Yep.

Have you ever had an accident/mishap where you should have seriously injured yourself but came out relatively unscathed?

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 22, 2021, 19:25:40 »
Welp, I once followed my brother in law climbing on some really big rocks, and got stuck. I really wasn't sure how I could get down without falling...

Have you ever walked for more than 5 hours in a day?

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 23, 2021, 13:23:39 »
Yes, on every Christmas I go hiking to avoid visit of some members of the extended family.

Have you ever done something just to avoid someonene's visit?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #657 on: August 27, 2021, 15:33:47 »
Its technically not the same, but I think it counts...

We once had a school trip to germany and I really did not want to go. It was fairly pointless, too short to be fun and was more to practice the german language, something I wasn't good at either. I was old enough to drive, but did not have my drivers license and they planned the trip in a weekend and just expected everyone to sacrifice their free time for it.

I went to the teacher and told them I had my drivers license exam scheduled for that weekend and asked if I really had to go to that trip. They said, no you don't have to reschedule that exam, you're excused.

Later that week, they asked me if I passed, and I said I hadn't.

Have you ever done something for a stranger to help them that they didn't ask for it without expecting anything in return, and if so, what happened and how did you help them?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 15:35:38 by LPChip »

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #658 on: August 31, 2021, 05:24:20 »
Yes. I've purchased things for other people without them knowing. Well I guess they found out when they tried to pay. I've also helped people in online games without wanting or expecting anything in return. I do it frequently on the D2 realms.

Have you ever embarrassed yourself in front of your family (other than being a child)?