Help with the blue key in the machine

• 6 Replies
Help with the blue key in the machine
« on: August 11, 2009, 02:42:48 »
My problem isn't so much stuck on a part of the level. It's that I have used a walkthrough, which shows this wall that I can walk up in the forest part of the machine to get the blue key, but when I go to the part that the caster did the wall isn't there. I am running version 1.1 and so was the caster. So what is going on, and what can I do to fix it? Is this some strange glitch in the saved game file? Or does my  version of Knytt stories not have that wall which leads to the key?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Help with the blue key in the machine
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:20:26 »
Which difficulty are you playing on? The Machine's keys do not appear in the easy version of the level, only the normal version.
good bye

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:34:26 »
I think I am on normal. Is it possible to get the key after you beat the level? It seems to allow me to wonder around after I shut off the machine

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:21:43 »
After you get to the congratulations screen you return to the world where the machine is still on and can explore. Double check to see that you are on normal difficulty.

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 21:41:35 »
I checked that I am on normal and i was able to get up the wall, I just coulnd't get the key when i played but atleast I know sort of where it is. Are you able to explore any level after you beat it or is it just the machine which does that? For that matter does a level HAVE to be on a difficulty above normal for the keys to appear?

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 22:49:47 »
There are two difficulties. It should be pretty obvious when you're at the beginning.

If I remember correctly, blue key is an umbrella jump. Double jump, open the umbrella at the peak of your jump. Hold 's' as you float.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 23:12:21 »
Are you able to explore any level after you beat it or is it just the machine which does that?
Depends on it's design. It is up to the level creator.
For that matter does a level HAVE to be on a difficulty above normal for the keys to appear?
No. The two difficulties in the machine are actually two separate versions of the same world. The keys are only in the normal version.

Check out my tilesets!