• 88 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: [SPOILER] KS Cheat option
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 04:30:25 »
I guess its up to them to decide whether they want to ruin the fun or not.

Assuming that all levels are fun to some degree, and that challenge is a major part of the fun.
good bye

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 04:56:18 »
True, after all, if it's an environmental level, I guess there is no harm.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 09:41:58 »
If you just click the spoiler, read it and then think: oh wow... and you won't play it normally even for the first time, the gameplay basically got ruined that much that you don't like Knytt Stories.
This is assuming that you would actually use the cheat right from the outset. Many gamers are too proud to cheat in a game, at least until they beat it. And if you do start cheating through the game, you will realize it's not the whole game, and it's not much fun either. And if someone does ruin their experience by cheating, so what? Their only ruining there own fun.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 20:14:04 »
Indeed, they're ruining their own fun. I do not want to be one of the people responsible for that!
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 20:49:54 »
Well, whatever the case, it is there choice to not have fun. I have always found it more fun to beat a game, then go back and see how much I can mess around with it (in the case of KS, going to void screens, falling to other areas, getting to late areas early in the game, etc.). I have tried cheating beforehand, though, and I didn't like it. It really takes the fun out of it and it gets boring quickly. You have nothing to compare the experience to. So, don't cheat before you beat the level (unless it's your level and your designing it :)).

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2009, 20:58:05 »
(unless it's your level and your designing it :)).
Unless you assume this part of my level's too hard. I'll just cheat to get past. I'm sure it's beatable, though.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2009, 21:28:43 »
Indeed, they're ruining their own fun. I do not want to be one of the people responsible for that!
You wouldn't be responsible for it. If someone cheats all the time, the only person responsible is themselves.
And you can just use the editor anyway. The cheat, however, makes it possible to play the level normally after you get good enough whereas the editor would damage the level.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 22:25:10 »
You wouldn't be responsible for it. If someone cheats all the time, the only person responsible is themselves.
And you can just use the editor anyway. The cheat, however, makes it possible to play the level normally after you get good enough whereas the editor would damage the level.

You're wrong there.

As a forumadmin/mod, I'm responsible for all the content that is being posted and what it can do to the person that reads it. Its the same reason why I'm also responsible for the fact that people post insulting things or even swear openly. Another person that can't deal with reading that can get psychological problems from reading this, and thats the last thing I want.

Sure, I might go over the top with this, but I'd rather go over, than under.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline wolf

• its coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2009, 01:57:22 »
wuts GOD mode??????? :S :piano:
fafafdshfdklik.jhmluiiulgf

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2009, 02:22:50 »

wuts GOD mode??????? :S :piano:
It's a cheat. Since it isn't allowed to post it here, you need to download "The explore challenge" by LPChip and look in the level editor to find out.
Another person that can't deal with reading that can get psychological problems from reading this, and thats the last thing I want.
Psychological problems from what? My post? :shocked:

Check out my tilesets!

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 10:59:22 »
Another person that can't deal with reading that can get psychological problems from reading this, and thats the last thing I want.
Psychological problems from what? My post? :shocked:
No, from the fact that they can't resist unvolding the spoiler, know the cheat and then can't play the game normally because they never did tried it normally.

The only thing I want, is that people have played the game normally before they start cheating. That way they know what it is to play normally, and won't grab to cheating that easilly. (yes, really, thats how it works psychologically; you can revert to the first thing you done quite easilly, not change the way you do things)

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 22:30:32 »
You are responsible for what's posted, but what people do with it is beyond your control. I understand why you want people to play normally before cheating. I too would prefer it, but it's one thing you don't have power over.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:51 »
I, on the other hand, believe that playing the Explore Challenge to get the secret will not only teach you the cheat, but also make you realize how good you actually are at Knytt Stories.

XD

I'm serious
grao!

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2009, 05:47:17 »
The Explore Challenge isn't all that hard...

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2009, 20:30:26 »
The Explore Challenge isn't all that hard...
To you maybe it isn't. For me, getting to the secret room was very difficult.
grao!