[SPOILER] KS Cheat option

• 88 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [SPOILER] KS Cheat option
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 17:44:05 »
The cheat definatelly shouldn't be taken out. I've used it quite alot during the development of my levels to test certain things like jumps and stuff.

Then again, during the beta period when I was making my level, just left-clicking anywhere caused you to teleport. That ofcource has been taken out, and replaced by the cheat.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 22:33:39 »
LPChip, your example makes absolutely no sense to me. Maybe because I have never even heard of whatever that game is.

In my experience with the cheat, I found that topic where someone said how to do the cheat and whatever, but it had been modified by a moderator to the extent that you couldn't tell what the cheat was.
Now, I played the Explore Challenge, and I absolutely hated that level. It was so boring, I'm sorry.
So I just sat in NiffChat for a few minutes and someone said what it was.

I don't really see why such a big deal is being made of this. I almost never use that cheat except when trial and error has failed at least several times to get me past some kind of challenge or in my own levels where I don't feel like going through a challenge I made again and again. Speaking of which, the cheat is useful when you're making your own levels and want to explore everything you've made so far.
What I'm talking about, by the way, is the teleporting thing. The invulnerability thing is completely useless to me for the most part.
On another note, it is basically like cheating in some other video game. Especially these days with access to the internet, it is rather easy to cheat in almost any game and almost every game purposely has cheating in it.

But, yes. Those video games do not really advertise their cheats and thus Knytt Stories does not need to either, but I don't think it needs to be hidden in one obscure and uninteresting level (I know you can just look in the world document whatever, but that doesn't really make it less silly).

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 01:46:49 »
1) Precisely, say *your* brain doesn't work like that, not everybody else's.

2) You people are really pushing this anti-cheat thing too much.

Offline nicodk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 23:55:19 »
where can i download The Explore Challenge ? looked through the level archive and seval google searches, cant find anything. even searched on the forum

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 00:00:10 »
Nifflas Homepage->Knytt Stories->Get more Levels ...->third party pack 1. that's where it should be. :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline nicodk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 00:06:16 »
Nifflas Homepage->Knytt Stories->Get more Levels ...->third party pack 1. that's where it should be. :)

oh lol, well how should i know :P

thanks ^_^

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 00:23:46 »
oh lol, well how should i know :P

:P2
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 19:06:18 »
The level should also be on Knyttlevels.com, I think? I did upload a level there, and I believe it was this one.

EDIT: LPChip  |   The Explore Challenge  |   14.03 MB    |   Download
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 19:09:02 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 11:16:15 »
I know the cheat...but I never use it, even in Lunatic levels. Actually sometimes I forgot that there even is a cheat.
But I guess that's just me lol.

Offline MilkMan

• Drink Milk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 17:21:27 »
there is no need to have it on the forum, google finds it in a minute :crazy:

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 18:11:29 »
Lol the cheat is working but its REALLY EVIL FREAKY CHEAT
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... i mean MWAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA *cough*
 * Still Coughing* lol

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 23:11:00 »
I think its a little to easy to get the cheat code in The Explore Challenge. I found it way before I beat the game. My only objection to the cheat is that it makes it seem meaningless to make a level sometimes, knowing that people will cheat on it to get through. Maybe, with KSA, there could be a new anti-cheating option or block in the system bank?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 01:27:37 »
If they want to cheat, the level editor is also easily accessible so I don't think that would work.

EDIT: And the save file.
Lurk more.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 01:47:02 »
I think its a little to easy to get the cheat code in The Explore Challenge. I found it way before I beat the game. My only objection to the cheat is that it makes it seem meaningless to make a level sometimes, knowing that people will cheat on it to get through. Maybe, with KSA, there could be a new anti-cheating option or block in the system bank?
i also got the cheat first, actually beating the level was harder XD

If they want to cheat, the level editor is also easily accessible so I don't think that would work.

EDIT: And the save file.
in other words, anti-cheating is near impossible...
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 02:01:13 »
Of course, but if they do that, then they are not even really even playing through the level, and so aren't going to get the same enjoyment out of it as if they didn't use the level editor or cheat. I guess its up to them to decide whether they want to ruin the fun or not.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)