Help with Travel Eastward

• 13 Replies
Help with Travel Eastward
« on: August 04, 2009, 21:46:51 »
I'm stuck in Travel Eastward. Here's a screenshot:

I'm at a complete loss for what to do. If I try to soar across the lava (with my umbrella) to the left I'm shot down or fall into the lava. If I go to the next screen on the right, the same thing happens when I try to soar to land. So I'm stuck between two pools of lava filled with fireball shooting things. I can't go anywhere. Help, please? Thanks in advance!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Help with Travel Eastward
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 21:48:38 »
I think it's possible to avoid the fireballs on the right.
good bye

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:27:29 »
It has to be possible, considered that there's a savespot. You're not trapped. Thats for sure.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 17:14:18 »
I tried to jump over the big lava pit on the right again. I tried at least twenty times, but I can't make it across. Most of the time I can avoid the fireballs, but I just can't quite make it across, and fall into the lava. And I'm waiting to jump off the ledge until the very last second, pulling out the umbrella right at the top of my jump. I can't get any further than this:

If I had double jump, it would be easy...So I can't help but wonder, should I have double jump right now? Did I miss it or something?

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 20:48:53 »
Hold 's' during umbrella fall will help you float.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 21:41:29 »
And also only open the umbrella when you start to fall. Holding the umbrella will slow your jump too.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 22:15:07 »
And I'm waiting to jump off the ledge until the very last second, pulling out the umbrella right at the top of my jump.
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 00:16:32 »
Having played that level I can say that jump IS possible.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 03:23:19 »
i know this isn't actually the same type of thing... but i didn't wanna make a whole new topic for it :)

can someone help me with which version is the latest one in the archive? i knooow it's supposed to be the highest number (i.e. 1.5) but in order of most recently uploaded there are versions with a smaller number... and one with no number at all... soooo jus to get the best experience... which one is the one i should be downloading???

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 18:55:10 »
The older submissions on the archive are by author even when organized by date. (By my experience.) So you should download the highest number version.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline kazabi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 03:06:20 »
I really need help on the same level. I attached a picture so you can see the place where I'm stuck. The clue isn't really helping me D: Didn't really want to start a new topic when there was one of the same level, so I re-used this.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 23:17:53 »
got deja vu?
Hum. I forget what order those screen go in, but if I recall, you have to find a hidden opening in the floor, go into the shift at its end, then hold down (to activate the shift) while jumping in front of the chains, then jump into that squiggly line thing in midair or something, then land on the little floating island thing and press down on top of the gray tile to its left.

indeed is right, but the order isnt, you must go to flotating island THEN to the chains

i atached a map, it starts in the red big line near juni and ends in the second blue DOWN, the small lines are shift teleports and  the outgoing lines are affected by warps.
Spoiler: Here its the map (click to show/hide)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline kazabi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 01:23:50 »
Thanks a lot! Didn't think about pressing down :E

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 00:48:22 »
I am stuck in a pitch black room where the wall floor and ceiling are all spikes and i keep dying the instant i  respawn, it happened just after a wierd bit with a load of lego jedi.

Edit: nvm, i just restarted the level and made sure i wasn't such a prat the second time around.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 22:53:25 by TheANIMAL »