[resolved] An idea about the forum icons (for the games)

• 2 Replies

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
[resolved] An idea about the forum icons (for the games)
« on: August 03, 2009, 23:23:30 »
Something I've noticed about the forum icons is that while the default icons let you see when there are new messages in a forum, the icons for the threads about Nifflas' games don't.

What I'm talking about is how in the forums with the default icon set, a forum with no new replies looks like :a1:, while one with new replies shows up as :a2:. This makes it easy to see when there are new comments.

However, with the forums about Nifflas' games (e.g. Night Game, Knytt, #ModArchive Story, etc.), the images are static; they remain the same regardless of whether or not there are new replies. It may just be me, but I find it tiring to have to open up each of them when I want to see if there are any new posts, as opposed to being able to see at a glance. It frankly deters me from them all together.

Now what I'm proposing (and I admit that I have no idea what kind of work this would entail), is that the icons for the games forums are set up to show whether there are any new replies. I'm not asking for brilliant sprite work or image changes; a semitransparent colored overlay is fine. Again, I don't know what this would require, so if it would be far more trouble than it's worth, I'll trust your judgement.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 23:59:19 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: An idea about the forum icons (for the games)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 23:47:49 »
There are bars along the right side of the little screenshot thingies. These change color if there are new posts.
good bye

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Re: [resolved] An idea about the forum icons (for the games)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 23:59:53 »
There are bars along the right side of the little screenshot thingies. These change color if there are new posts.
Ah, I never noticed those. Nevermind, then.