• 65 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Skogens Folk
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 03:13:14 »
Hey, um. There's already a topic for this level. (Actually, it's at the very bottom of the Level Previews list.)

So I'm like, merging this so as to keep the new, valid posts.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:14:51 by googoogjoob »
good bye

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
Re: Skogens Folk
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 09:32:21 »
Uh`? Damn I was sure that the old topic was in the old Forum =P I`m sorry
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/ Environmental] Skogens Folk *updated*
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 13:02:32 »
Nice is it Reaseld

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge/ Environmental] Skogens Folk *updated*
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 14:27:36 »
I guess you mean released... =)

No it isn`t. I?ll try to bring to an end until the end of may but maybe I`ll release it together with the new level-archieve
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge/ Environmental] Moonjourney *new screens/new name?!*
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 23:13:27 »
I changed the name and added a few new screens... hope you`ll like it  C)

Here`s a new screen too:

under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 23:24:20 »
Awww. It's so cute. C)
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 21:09:56 »
Cool. Those screens look great! Is this going to be a challenge level or an environmental?

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 21:13:10 »
Well... I don`t know. I tried my best to use a very good looking combination of tilesets to get an environmental effect. But on the other side the level will tell you a story with many different characters and and it have  challenging parts too. You see... ^^
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 21:58:48 »
A level can look good without being an environmental. Environmental means a level where you run around without enemies or hard jumps bothering you.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:08 »
Dandelion I don`t think so. I think you can mix up environmental levels with challenging ones. I could create a level without an interesting layout and with tricky jumps... that`s a challenge, I could create a level with a beautiful landscape and without any danger, that`s an environmental level, and I could build a level with tricky jumps and a beautiful landscape to have an environmental challenge =) Nobody will die if I use the third variety  C)p

And here`s a screen of an area with a great green water CO by Purple Pineaple. Thank you a lot PP =D

under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:25:39 »
I could create a level without an interesting layout and with tricky jumps... that`s a challenge, I could create a level with a beautiful landscape and without any danger, that`s an environmental level, and I could build a level with tricky jumps and a beautiful landscape to have an environmental challenge =)
A challenge level can look good and still be categorized as just a challenge. An environmental level is, as you described, a level without any danger. Environmental levels don't even need to look good. A level that is just a line of black blocks with no enemies or jumps would still be environmental. I would, however, call a level environmental/challenge if parts were environmental and other parts were a challenge. Awsome screen by the way. X-P

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:33 »
I could create a level without an interesting layout and with tricky jumps... that`s a challenge, I could create a level with a beautiful landscape and without any danger, that`s an environmental level, and I could build a level with tricky jumps and a beautiful landscape to have an environmental challenge =)
A challenge level can look good and still be categorized as just a challenge. An environmental level is, as you described, a level without any danger. Environmental levels don't even need to look good. A level that is just a line of black blocks with no enemies or jumps would still be environmental. I would, however, call a level environmental/challenge if parts were environmental and other parts were a challenge. Awsome screen by the way. X-P

Nifflas said it has to have beautiful scenery or something like that in the .ini

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 03:52:23 »
Nifflas said it has to have beautiful scenery or something like that in the .ini
The official description is An environmental level - No puzzles, no monsters, no challenge, just beautiful landscape.
But beauty is subjective, and it's pretty much been agreed upon that an environmental is a level that has no challenges, even if it isn't beautiful to some. Ive played several environmentals that aren't pretty at all IMO, but that's beside the point.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 06:15:36 »
You need to decide one way or the other... I think everyone agrees on that. From the looks of it, I would go with a challenge. Awesome graphics only add to the fun of a challenge, and make people want to play it more. Personally, I have never even played an environmental level, as I have no interest in them. To me, they are fairly... boring... I like action more than just viewing, but that's just my personality, no offense meant to environmental levels. I do, however, appreciate a challenge with amazing graphics, because then, I don't care as much when I die.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)