Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
Re: Let's Play.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 23:27:47 »
Okay prospective LPers, if you want some help here's my setup:

I have CamStudio recording from microphone, with the mic device set to Stereo Mix (this will record the game sound), and then I have Windows Sound Recorder recording from the hardware microphone, which is the default device it records from. Go ahead and use Audacity or something instead if it works well for you.
To be able to choose Stereo Mix (I think this only works on Vista) right click the little volume icon in the bottom right, and open Recording Devices. Now right click inside the window, and select "Show Disabled Devices". Now Stereo Mix will show up! Right click it and select Enable. Now you will be able to record sound directly from the speakers :D
Now, I always start recording the sound first, and then try to click loudly when I start CamStudio so I can easily clip off the excess from the beginning of the audio when I'm done. After you have recorded the video, you should have a gigantic .avi and an audio file. If you used Windows Sound Recorder the audio will be .wma, which Audacity can't open. I like to use XMPlay to write the .wma to a WAV file (to do this, open the file in XMPlay, open Options and Stuff, click Output, set the device to WAV Writer, and play the file from the beginning) and then open it up in Audacity to trim it. If you recorded the audio with an audio editor, you'll have it much easier.
When the audio is all edited up, you can export it as an .mp3. At this point I load the two files onto Windows Movie Maker. If you don't have this, you can probably find some similar program, hopefully... Anyway, then I trim up the video and audio a bit more as needed, and then use the Publish to Computer button. Choose whatever file name and directory you feel like. In the next window, you will choose how to compress the video. I always use "Compress to...". I like to make the file size as small as possible without the resolution figures shown in the bottom left changing, but you can do it however you want, as long as it ends up below the hosting site's limit. Now hit publish, wait a while for it to finish, upload your video and you're done! Simple! :D

Or you could just set CamStudio to record from the microphone, and move your speakers right up it, but that can sound yucky, and you have to crank the volume rather high.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 00:26:50 »
I simply use two headsets. I put one around my neck and turn the volume up high enough for the microphone on the other headset to pick it up, and it actually sounds really good. Its a bit costly though if you don't have any spare headsets or microphones lying around, but I have four of them for some strange reason, so it works just fine for me. :^^:
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 22:40:25 »
Aw. The title is so cruel to geico.
Lurk more.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 23:41:24 »
Let's play Insurance. This is an odd level.
Part 1 (YouTube)

Oookaaay... I thougth it started out quite good, but I had to stop half way through becuase most of it was just swears, and that doesn't entertain me at all. At. All. I can enjoy a few swears here and there, thrown in becuase of extreme frustration, but when it seems your vocabular consists of only f*ck, p*ss and sh*t, then it's just... crude and annoying.

I hope you'll be able to cut down on the swearing, becuase you have potential. But as you are now, I can't even bring myself to finnish your LP.
-place holder-

Offline ChaosWolf

• Do NOT look behind you...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube page
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 02:04:12 »
Let's play Insurance. This is an odd level.
Part 1 (YouTube)

Oookaaay... I thougth it started out quite good, but I had to stop half way through becuase most of it was just swears, and that doesn't entertain me at all. At. All. I can enjoy a few swears here and there, thrown in becuase of extreme frustration, but when it seems your vocabular consists of only f*ck, p*ss and sh*t, then it's just... crude and annoying.

I hope you'll be able to cut down on the swearing, becuase you have potential. But as you are now, I can't even bring myself to finnish your LP.
I see your point. I'll have to control my temper better. It was just that part though. The rest of the LP after that wasn't as bad. I'll definitely cut down on swearing next video. Thanks for being honest because that's the only way I'll improve. C)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 08:56:50 »
@Gorfinhofin...
OR you could just download darwine onto a mac, open garage band, record the game music on one track and you on the other, then export onto iMovie, which has benn happily chugging away, recording what's on your screen
(I LOVE MACS!!! XD) (Is thinking about making a LP...maybe...)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 18:26:48 »
New LP! Now with 97% less anger! I am also fusing my old posts into my first one to save space.
Part 1 (YouTube)

Thanks. :D I reposted the level here if anybody wants to try it out.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline ChaosWolf

• Do NOT look behind you...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube page
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 00:49:07 »
The Mysterious Grotto
Part 1 (YouTube)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:44:50 by ChaosWolf »