[Easy/Misc/Puzzle] - Juni & Pig - My first level! Feedback please!

• 17 Replies

Offline Byron

• View Profile
Hey guys, I just discovered Knytt and KS a few days ago, and this is my first shot at making a level. I kept it very short (though with some somewhat technical shifts and warps). I did this as an introductory experience to KS level creating, so please play Juni & Pig (very short!) and give me any tips or critiques you see fit. Thanks!

Download link: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Byron - Juni & Pig.knytt.bin

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Pretty good, especially for a first level! I actually only have two gripes:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Also, some of the jumps in this level? Not so easy. Maybe normal, but not easy. But I won't fault you for that, since this is your first level. ;)

Anyway, I liked it! I hope you continue making levels! :^^:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:57:55 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Great level for being the first one, the places link smothly and i liked the use of flags(?) for avoid repeating signs
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Yes, nice level... Juni is way to careless with her pets!!!
Anyway, nice use of flags to make it run smoothly! Excellent first level!
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
I liked this level. It's not particularly remarkable, but your level of technical competence is promising. I hope you make more levels. :)
good bye

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
Well, so far, the consensus seems to be that for a first level you done good and I agree. Although levels don't need a story to be playable and interesting you also managed to give us a sweet little through line. I can only imagine that all this positive feedback will spur your creative juices further.   :)

Offline Xlavicted

• [Likes Roblox]
    • View Profile
The statues are freaking awesome. One jump proved to be almost impossible, but great work.

-XLAVICTED-

Indeed a great first level. I like the rather puzzling part where you figure out what to do next.
The statues are freaking awesome. One jump proved to be almost impossible, but great work.
The jumps in this level weren't very hard.
Lurk more.

The jumps aren't exactly easy but with a little figuring out they aren't too hard.

It's a nice quick level C)
"Better, forty times better, my banner than my sword!" - St. Jeanne d'Arc

As always, I'm stuck at what is undoubtedly some obvious obstacle. I checked the level editor to see if I was missing some kind of tricky secret, but I came up with nothing.

So...

Other than that, it looks like a cute level from the dozen or so screens I've seen so far.

That was a fun little level. Some jumps are a bit very close and took me quite a few tries.
Also I maybe a bit slow, finding pathways, so it took me quite a while finding my way through.

Mfg RedMPlumber

Offline Byron

• View Profile
Thanks everyone for the input! I will take it all to heart when designing my next level. I'm also glad to see that Knytt has a mature, supportive, friendly community (a rare find these days). Thanks again. You have definitely encouraged me to make more levels.

So...
Take a jump one screen left to reach the tower there.
Lurk more.

Offline Ramara

• View Profile
 8D :shifty: :^^:

Thank you Purple over me head for that spoiler...for I was stuck as chuck there myself.

Now onwards....... :shifty: