Re: Mafia 4 day 1
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2009, 14:06:40 »
Unofficial Votecount

lunar_tick    (3): purple pineapple, technogeek, Limelemon
victor12      (3): Salmoneous, lunar_tick, dataflashsabot
Salmoneous   (1): battlehawk
Limelemon   (1): budja

Not Voting: victor12, koromi, razzorman, Sabata, Shawnachu

@ all you people not voting, why aren't you voting? Who is your suspect#1?

I dislike people making cases against players without following up with a vote and simply FoSing. It lacks pressure.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 14:17:04 »
And if anyone plays the "I can't keep up with the game, oh it's so hard and I'm so stressed" card I will kill them in the night, to put them out of their misery.

He freaking confessed he's either mafia or SK!
Vote him or give me a really good reason why not to.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 15:11:12 »
...don't you think it likely that he's the jester? Although it does seem too obvious.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 17:53:47 »
alright, victor12 has had plenty of time to explain himself, and he hasn't.
vote:victor12
FoSobJ:LimeLemon (FoSobJ=finger of suspicion of being jester)
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 18:52:58 »
Aren't we being a little too quick in voting for Victor?
It may just be that I am too picky, but I don't think we have enough evidence against him.

His first post in the topic
He made a random vote and FOS at roughly the same time as everybody else.
@Everyone who voted victor: Please explain why this is more suspicious than any other random vote.

His second post in the topic
While it is suspicious that he had absolutely nothing to say, that he didn't unvote, and that he has been very inactive, I don't want to lynch him just yet. I think we should at least wait for a response until we decide to lynch. If his next post is just as random as the rest, I'm fine with rolling the bandwagon.

@ all you people not voting, why aren't you voting? Who is your suspect#1?
Shawnachu. He has been pretty silent, and most of what he has said has just been following the crowd.
@Shawnachu: What do you think of, say, Salmoneous?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 19:32:48 »
Salmoneous? He's the one that's been silent <_<

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2009, 20:59:24 »
Unofficial Votecount

lunar_tick    (3): purple pineapple, technogeek, Limelemon
Oh yeah, unvote unFOS
Thanks for the votecount, Budja. Even if it is wrong.
Lurk more.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009, 21:04:53 »

I have already voted and I don't need to say anything more. What? You think Im the mafia because Im not making a load of replays accusing people for being the mafia without any evidence or theory? Just shut up and vote for someone!

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009, 21:10:30 »
1. I split up my FoS and point it at Salmoneous, Lunar_Tick, and dataflashsabot. You three don't have any real evidence on victor12. Not even of lurking.

2. LimeLemon's posts thus far have lead nowhere. He seems to be randomly voting a fair ways into day 1. FoS: LimeLemon

I have already voted and I don't need to say anything more. What? You think Im the mafia because Im not making a load of replays accusing people for being the mafia without any evidence or theory? Just shut up and vote for someone!
..and we're back to day 1, reply #3 tactics. FoS*2: Salmoneous
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009, 22:59:48 »
Vote him or give me a really good reason why not to.

Well, it looks like you are to ignoring the points I made on this. You may either rebut those points or just disagree with them or whatever, but your posts seems to suggest there is no explanation for my actions, and also that I haven't given one. And that is not the case.
You may not consider those points good enough, but you haven't provided any post disagreeing with them, so I can only assume that opinion is subjective, even though it seems you support that your view is objective.
(I know I'm reading a lot into your post, that's how it comes off to me, feel free to completely deny all this)

You three don't have any real evidence on victor12.

No I don't have much evidence that he's scum at all. In fact, I don't think I ever said I found him particularly suspicious (?).

But I do have some evidence that he is pretty much dead weight (or at least the closest out of all the players that can be described as such).
The thing is, it will be extremely hard for us to determine Victor's role if he plays silently like this. If he's mafia, he'll go under the radar to the end of the game, and if he's town he'll be no use to us if he survives for two or three days. A lose-lose situation for keeping him alive.

This can't be said for players like (say) Limelemon or Technogeek. Although they are slightly more suspicious (because they have actually said some things, voiced their opinions), they are also much more useful, despite the fact that they might be mafia. This goes for most players at the moment.

And yes, I am basing my opinion of Victor on his play in previous games.

However, I understand the point that perhaps some of you have made. The point that although victor probably is a good target we're lynching too fast. I can only speak for myself when I say that if I see one or two players suddenly vote Victor out of the blue, and if I also feel that the daytime discussion could be prolonged a little, then I will definitely remove my vote from Victor, and caution the other users that we are rushing.

Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 23:03:45 »

That is not a good way to avoid just telling people what you think Shawn. Although yes, perhaps Razzor did not see that Salmoneous was less active than you, that doesn't waive his right of asking you a question.
Or maybe you just have nothing to divulge at the moment?
Anyway, he wasn't accusing you of anything, so why the clammyness? Like a shut clam? You know? Shut clam man? From the depths of the sea? Living with the watery eels?
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:23 »
Have any games here ever had a Jester? No.
So why are people jester-speculating. It is a non-standard role that is rarely used in mafia and the chance of a Jester being in this game is very small.

@Purple, FoS here, FoS there, but why no vote, eh?

@mod, purple is not voting lunar (my mistake) and could we have a list of rules in first post too please.

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2009, 02:47:32 »
@Purple, FoS here, FoS there, but why no vote, eh?
Because I'm not ready to vote for someone yet. No one has really struck me as suspicious. If anyone, I'd vote for LimeLemon, but he's got a good likelihood of being jester.
It is a non-standard role that is rarely used in mafia and the chance of a Jester being in this game is very small.
What makes you say that?
Lurk more.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2009, 03:59:08 »
(For those who don't know, a jester is a role that must be lynched to win).

Well, at the forum where I usually play mafia,  jesters are very rare as they make scum-hunting harder and so are usually only in open games. You can say this might not apply here but look at our previous Mafia games. We generally have fairly basic roles.

Also, "jester-hunting" is a cop out. There are better ways to explain behaviour than to call jester. Acting scummy is scummy and deserves a vote.

Quote from: Purple Pinapple
FoS: LimeLemon
FoS*2: Salmoneous
This seems to suggest you found Salmoneous scummier than Limelemon  :huh:.

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:26 »
FoS: LimeLemon
FoS*2: Salmoneous
This seems to suggest you found Salmoneous scummier than Limelemon  :huh:.
I was saying that as backup for previous cases against Salmoneous.
Lurk more.