Mafia 4 day 2

• 207 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 4 day 1
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 10:55:09 »
I will Unvote, but keep my Finger Of Suspicion on Victor12, as he seems to be overreacting to me. :/
Seeing as he just made one post, the craziness of which is little more than other posts', I think calling him out for overreacting is premature.
Exactly what is he overreacting to?

Next time, I suggest that the mod gives a subtle clue as to somebody's role that we can mull over.
Wouldn't that ruin the largest part of the game? Actually, not ruin, but rather change the format and type of the game completely, which isn't bad, but it is unfair.

a deliberate outburst that is extremely noticeable, but removes all suspicion of being mafia. for this very reason, i put my finger of suspicion on limelemon.
Eeee, I'm not so certain re Koromi.
All that madness of LL D3 last game was pretty complex. I mean you can't just isolate and then look at similar behaviour and then assume it was the same thing.
Also, the outbursts are very different in character and spirit.

Eh, if I might point out one thing to Battlehawk. Deleting/editing your posts is forbidden, even if it is something small.
Yes, I did notice this earlier but forgot to post. In fact, the mod should consider retrieving the posts edited and posting them, and indeed modkilling.
On the other hand, we could chalk it up to inexperience, and the fact that NES has yet to provide us with an actual ruleset.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 11:29:58 »
I Cast my vote on Victor12. Not that I think he is the mafia. Nobody knows who  the mafia is (Only the mafia themselves). On the first day we cant do any more then to vote out a random target.

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • Esper - A webcomic based on Espernet
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 15:29:03 »
I will Unvote, but keep my Finger Of Suspicion on Victor12, as he seems to be overreacting to me. :/
Seeing as he just made one post, the craziness of which is little more than other posts', I think calling him out for overreacting is premature.
Exactly what is he overreacting to?

One post? I must have gotten mixed up with something.
FOS: Nobody.
- Nifflas
:hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: - Chironex
:hiddenstar: - The Old Nifflas' Forum Community for my userbars
:hiddenstar: - Halflight
:hiddenstar: - BloxMaster
:hiddenstar: - Aquatic Liger

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 15:35:01 »
And if anyone plays the "I can't keep up with the game, oh it's so hard and I'm so stressed" card I will kill them in the night, to put them out of their misery.

Oh, I can't keep up with the game! Will you kill me now, mafia?
I change my vote to Lunar_Tick.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 03:59:52 »
Sorry I was gone for so long. I crashed the ranger we have, smashed up my foot, and was icing it down all day. It wasn't very fun.  :moody:

Eh, if I might point out one thing to Battlehawk. Deleting/editing your posts is forbidden, even if it is something small.

Sorry, I didn't know. I'll be more careful in the future. :oops:

I'm going to unFOS everyone except for Lunar in order to start a new analysis.

I Cast my vote on Victor12. Not that I think he is the mafia. Nobody knows who  the mafia is (Only the mafia themselves). On the first day we cant do any more then to vote out a random target.

Scum-city right here. First, he seems to be pushing for Victor even after attention around him has died down. Second, it seems odd to post somthing like this without participating within the thread at all previously, there by implying hes been lurking waiting for a possible bandwagon to jump on or initiate. Third, just look at what he's saying. It pays little attention to whats discussed and seems to just be pushing for a vote. We shouldn't be seeing this kind of comment this late in D1. Therefore I vote Salmoneous

I also FOS: Limelemon, the reason for doing so being his continued over-the-top (right terminology?) posting even after being criticized for doing so. He also seems to be pushing for a vote of Lunar even though Lunar's comment, though slightly suspicious, doesn't warrant that kind of reaction.

Example:
And if anyone plays the "I can't keep up with the game, oh it's so hard and I'm so stressed" card I will kill them in the night, to put them out of their misery.

Oh, I can't keep up with the game! Will you kill me now, mafia?
I change my vote to Lunar_Tick.

I'm still FOSing Lunar because of his faliure to explain his previous outburst and more importantly some of his more recent comments which see a bit suspicious to me.

@ Lunar please explain your outburst at least. Its not like we'll forget considering that its recorded here for all to see. This shouldn't be such a problem if your innocent.

@ Lime Lemon please be serious, for your own sake.

@ Salmoneous Where have you been, Why have you come out with such a stupid random vote this late in D1 after participating in none of the previous discussions, and you better have a really good defense for your actions.

Sorry if my logic is a bit off or something like that, I've had a long day. Hopefully I got my basic point across and didn't say something completely retarded. I'm going to bed now, night guys.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 10:53:09 »
On Battlehawk:
Therefore I vote Salmoneous
Your argument against Salmoneous is quite good, and I agree with it, athough I can't vote with you yet. I feel that some players have strange ideas about D1 (not saying they're necessarily bad) which kinda contradict the more regular approach for D1. So they might be townies who just have a different playstyle. Maybe it's me who's strange, which is why I seem to remember various D1 arguments about no-lynching, randomlynching et cetera. So yeah. Good points though.

I'm still FOSing Lunar because of his faliure to explain his previous outburst and more importantly some of his more recent comments which see a bit suspicious to me.
I'd like to hear what other comments I made you find suspicious.

@ Lunar please explain your outburst at least. Its not like we'll forget considering that its recorded here for all to see. This shouldn't be such a problem if your innocent.
I didn't want to say this, but I suppose I was shortsighted in thinking that I could get away with it. That comment I made was a tactical maneuver, killing two birds with one stone. To assure my longevity in the game, at least past N1 and to underline the point that some sentimental clap trap crap wasn't going to buy nobody another day this game*. Why do I need to stay in the game if I'm not a mafia? Well, being an arrogant shithead that I am, I feel I probably contribute more to a innocent victory than, say, Victor12. And, looking back at the past and noticing that I was targeted by the mafia two (three?) games running on N1, I felt that my longevity was anything but assured.
Look at it like this, the mafia probably will kill people who are undisputed townies, thus keeping the pool of possible mafia suspects as large as possible for as long as possible.

*Also, since Limelemon is probably the most likely do to this, and I have already threatened to kill him, I expect him to be killed N1. I hadn't realized this outcome when I posted that comment, but I suppose for now I can't possibly know if this tactical bond between him and I will be useful or not.

On Limelemon:
Did you read the super small text? It says:
Also, this was a joke, and if you think I'm suspicious because of this you're stupid.

I just said that to say something. Or start a discussion. I'm not trying to do anything, and I'm not claiming any role.
I know what you did was just a joke and can't be used to determine anything about you, but surely you understand that
if you think I'm suspicious because of this you're stupid.
is barely a defense, despite it being the truth. As well as the rest of your post. The second paragraph is very dubious.

In fact, your vote of me strikes me as hypocritical, since I could have used that defense myself, and it also would be the truth, but it would be a feeble and grey one, if not a highly annoying one.

Anyway, I'd like Data and Koromi (surprise surprise :P) to respond to my previous post (#45) and to tell me what they think of me now and Shawn as well.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 11:36:17 »
Lunar, pushing suspicion onto yourself for survivalistic reasons isn't a good move. If you want to live, act pro-town and then you have a good chance of been doc-protected.
I thought it was a ploy to escape the random stage.
I dislike this part of your post as it feels contrary to your play-style.

I'm basically neutral on Salmoneous and I am still pretty happy with my Limelemon vote for now.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 13:22:01 »
Could it be that limelemon is the jester? Its the only way I can make sense of his strange behavior throughout the day.
He wants us to lynch him.
@ Limelemon: Please explain why you have been acting like this. You aren't really helping the town this way.

@ Salmoneous:
Why did you vote for victor12 if you don't think he is mafia? Explain please.
Just because its hard to get hard conclusive evidence day one doesn't mean we should rush it. We can still try to find the mafia.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 17:46:16 »
My current thoughts on D1:

Could it be that limelemon is the jester? Its the only way I can make sense of his strange behavior throughout the day.
He wants us to lynch him.
That actually makes some sense, given how odd his behavior is so far, and also his self-lynch.

now, that is a very odd thing to say, even on day one. voting for someone you don't know is mafia, then saying we don't know who mafia is, and finishing with 'can't do any more than to vote random target.' even though we can analyze other's behaviors and try to determine what they are.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2009, 18:54:02 »
Victor12, care to comment?

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2009, 21:38:41 »
Ok. I'm trying to make sense of this after being out for a while. First, is there a vote count anywhere. Second, it seems victor12 is drawing a lot of attention despite posting once(?).
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2009, 22:41:06 »
Second, it seems victor12 is drawing a lot of attention despite posting once(?).
Yeah basically we want him to address some issues.
However, the default state of players is to comment on issues; they shouldn't be asked to, it should be expected from them.
Anyway.

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 09:44:32 »
k then.

a deliberate outburst that is extremely noticeable, but removes all suspicion of being mafia. for this very reason, i put my finger of suspicion on limelemon.
Eeee, I'm not so certain re Koromi.
All that madness of LL D3 last game was pretty complex. I mean you can't just isolate and then look at similar behaviour and then assume it was the same thing.
Also, the outbursts are very different in character and spirit.

we must ask why you would do such an outburst. what is there to be gained from making yourself seen and even asking the town to lynch you - i'm not trying to say because it's the same person that did the outbursts in both occasions that it is more likely the circumstances are exactly the same. i am saying that it is common strategy to try something more than once.

and most importantly: lunar_tick, mafia is all about assuming, especially on the first day.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 14:35:38 »
I just said that to say something.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 16:29:19 »
I just said that to say something.
Just "because" is not a good enough reason.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D