Re: Mafia 4 day 1
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2009, 00:59:23 »
Commence smug face. :^^:
Lurk more.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:15 »
If victor is the cop we either lose him or gain an investigation.

If we leave victor alive for a night and then lynch him, we gain a result or a dead mafia neither of which is bad.
If the mafia kill him, it would stop the uncertainty.

I say leave him alive for a night and see what happens.
   -We may even get a valid guilty (very good).
   -Valid innocent (good)
   -Faked result (bad)
If we lynch victor we can then verify the result.

Killing him today gains us little IMO and if he is mafia, the links aren't going to disappear.
   -Links to other mafia in thread (good but the links aren't going to "disappear" if he is not lynched today)
   -Culling of dead weight (decent)

Thoughts?
Also everyone should post their opinion of the claim before anything happens.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2009, 16:28:49 »
Also everyone should post their opinion of the claim before anything happens.

That's kinda suspicious, but not enough for a lynch. Everyone who voted victor are stupid, try to find the real mafia instead.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2009, 17:30:37 »
That's kinda suspicious
No its not. Asking people to speak up is nothing but pro town.
The more conversation going on, the likelier it is that the mafia will say something suspicious/illogical that we can use to find them.

Everyone who voted victor are stupid
Mind telling us why we are all flamboyant idiots, and why victor is so obviously town?

try to find the real mafia instead.
As opposed to what? Thats exactly what we have been doing this entire time, and some think victor is the real mafia, or at least not helping the town.
In fact, you aren't helping the town either. You just implied that you know for a fact that victor is not mafia, but you never told us why. Instead you insult everyone who voted victor.

FOS: Limelemon
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2009, 19:29:45 »
That's kinda suspicious
No its not. Asking people to speak up is nothing but pro town.
The more conversation going on, the likelier it is that the mafia will say something suspicious/illogical that we can use to find them.

That's a misunderstanding. I was trying to say that victors claim was kinda suspicious, because it was that you asked for.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2009, 19:34:38 »
I was unable to get in this game, but I'd like to join the next one. Here's a message: please be a little quicker. At this rate, we'll have 150 pages by the end, and it will be July.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2009, 19:40:48 »
I TOTALLY F-ING AGREE!!!
The first Mafias was the best ones. People voted instead of FoS and there was a 48 hour limit to a day I think. It was fun, back then. It's not fun anymore if you don't speed it up and stop discussing 9000 different things, ask for everyones opinion, and FoS all the time and unvote and even un-FoS I mean SERIOUSLY.
Thank you for reading this crap.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2009, 19:44:03 »
Seriously, I though Mafia would be fun the first time I saw it. After playing Mafia 3 I was like, wow, that's really boring. Course, I died the first day, but still... I've seen other forums where they'll get through an entire night and day in ONE DAY. That's 24 hours, folks. And they do just fine. This isn't a life or death situation. It's for fun. We need to speed these games up.

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2009, 20:17:36 »
Okay...  after seeing how long this took, I'm going to have to issue a time limit.
24 hours from today, I'd like a final lynch.  I've made bone headed moves before, but then again, it has been too long since I have hosted mafia, so I hope you won't hate me for the errors I've already made.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2009, 20:19:42 »
I'm not hating you. I'm not even in the game. I just wanted to point something out.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2009, 21:18:58 »
Fine. I unvote, and vote: Victor12.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2009, 21:36:54 »
That's a lynch.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2009, 00:11:18 »
I TOTALLY F-ING AGREE!!!
The first Mafias was the best ones. People voted instead of FoS and there was a 48 hour limit to a day I think. It was fun, back then. It's not fun anymore if you don't speed it up and stop discussing 9000 different things, ask for everyones opinion, and FoS all the time and unvote and even un-FoS I mean SERIOUSLY.
Thank you for reading this crap.

Host your own game and impose a character limit on posts and a time limit on days. Start a trend.

And another thing (if you get to have your little game-irrelevant hissy-fit I feel I'm completely entitled to my own), you voiced these complaints last game. You didn't seem to find the last one fun at all, and yet you still came back. You know what, if you don't like playing a game you shouldn't sign up for it only to ruin it for the others by being purposely and with malice of forethought, laconic.

All I'm saying is, either solve your problem (which is easy to do) or suck it up, quietly. Complaining repeatedly, stubbornly banging the table and shouting your heart out while doing absolutely nothing about it is not only totally useless for both you and I, but also very irritating.

The game you propose we should revert to is only slightly above a game of chance. I could write it up to personal preference that you're into that kind of game, but I'm not. So go chuck your dice in a different game, or just man up and play.

This "stress" you've claimed that is on you to post is purely imaginary, or at least very very subjective. If you don't like posting often, don't, but be aware of the fact that you may be lynched for it. I think that's pretty simple and logical. You're not required to post in this game, in fact you're not even expected to post. Do as you please.

This could be construed as a personal attack against Limelemon. I regret it if it were, as I wouldn't want to cause forum drama. Anyway, if this discussion does drag on, *looks at Bored2Death* I would appreciate it if it were held in a different thread, as we're supposed to be playing a game.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2009, 02:00:20 »
Host the next game, create a suitable setup and add timelimits into the rules.
Please don't complain here!

This game started normally and should end normally.

(...and we could have at least waited for more people to comment  :/).

« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2009, 03:52:38 »
And if that isn't suspicious..
Lurk more.